Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Sounds familiar!
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:09
Quote:
Portisteve
To everyone moaning about us not having things in place, donít forget we donít officially change to Bristol Bears until 1st June, so until then we are still same old Bristol rugby.
Gloucesters rebrand new logo etc are effective immediately.
I expect us to be ready to go full tilt on that date. If nott hen we can rightly slate them for not having kit ready etc

I think I saw someone say on the FB group that 6th June was the expected data for new merchanidise to be available

Olly (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:32
I would expect Those up the road did learn A thing or two from Bristolís mistakes but the fact is they had been communicating with their fans long before our announcement. That to me shows that they respect their supporters much more than Bristol do. In my opinion this lack of communication and the disrespect that comes along with it, is the biggest mistake Bristol have made. I may not be a fan of the rebrand but understand the reasons behind it. It should always be a priority of any club to work with those who support it because without them the club wonít succeed.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Peter D (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:02
We may not become the Bristol Bears until the 1st June but nobody has told the offy. Chris Booy is described there as the chair of Bristol Bears even though they don't exist yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 10:02 by Peter D.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 12:54
Quote:
Peter_B
No it doesnít. It just shows they did it after ours.

Erm, no it doesn't.

I have been involved in a lot of re-branding programmes from the 1980s to the present day & can assure you that the Bristol launch won't have affected the Glos strategy one jot. Glos have followed the format that you would expect from a professional design team, and there is absolutely no reason to suppose that they would have been ploughing ahead into disaster, seen the Bristol launch, and then thought they had better not make the same mistakes, and then miraculously pull it all together in a couple of weeks.

If you want to compare the two, then it would be more realistic to believe that the Bristol re-branding is fairly typical of what you get when people without the relevant experience try to do it themselves, and the Glos re-brand is pretty much exactly what you would expect when an organisation uses a professional design & branding company.

I am currently watching with amusement as one of the best known names on the planet heads towards a massive PR ***k up, due to be launched on an unsuspecting world in early June. They have decided to use their in-house team rather than people who have the relevant experience, and it has already hit the rocks, they just can't see it yet. When it happens it will give Private Eye plenty of amusement. It isn't just Bristol Rugby, or should that be Bears? Even the biggest companies can make a hash of it.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 14:53
ďJust read their club gave away free replica shirts at the launch event to the fans in attendance too.

The Bears Q&A would have been perfect to do similar. Shows how wrong we are getting it all.Ē

This is the comment I was replying to. We arenít getting it all wrong. Glaws could easily have decided to pay for peopleís tattoos and given shirts away having seen how our launch went down. It may be that they offered Glaws tattoos as a product at some point in which case they feel some obligation. I wasnít talking about their rebrand as a a whole as it was rumoured at the same time as ours.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:35
Still rather support Bristol regardless of whose change management team are better.

bartman! (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 09:08
Quote:
Standardprocedure
(despite Lansdown saying on a podcast that bears used to inhabit this part of the country back in the day)

So on that basis we could have been called

Bristol cave Lions
Bristol cave Hyena's
Bristol Woolly Rhinoceros's
Bristol Woolly Mammoth's

At least we know where the Board's thinking came from for the re-branding of our club, the Neanderthal times (Sm100)

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 09:30
Quote:
Chet Ripley
Still rather support Bristol regardless of whose change management team are better.

So would I but that said I love the way Glaws keep those watching as fans/supporters rather than spectators/audience. E.g. They don't play music after tries to drown the crowd noise out but make you create the atmosphere yourselves (which snow-balls).

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 10:13
Donít disagree Rich, some good tradions being kept alive and they have some fanatical fans who help create a good atmosphere in castle grim. Still prefer to support Bris though (Sm100)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Chet Ripley
Donít disagree Rich, some good tradions being kept alive and they have some fanatical fans who help create a good atmosphere in castle grim. Still prefer to support Bris though (Sm100)

Hmm. Now could that be anything at all to do with you coming from Bristol & not coming from Gloucester?
(Sm105)

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 15:49
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Chet Ripley

Hmm. Now could that be anything at all to do with you coming from Bristol & not coming from Gloucester?
(Sm105)

Nope, Iím from Gloucestershire and realistically could have supported Glos. I chose Bristol. Work in glos though and enjoy having a laugh with my mates, hoping that Bris will soon be competitive again so I can have some more recent come backs, (theyíve heard the Jason strange one a few times)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 07:11
Thank you sir, now it all makes sense.

I am English and live in England, but support Scotland in a similar manner so I know exactly what you mean.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net