rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

European disUnion
gran (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 21:16
Seems that there is a bit of a Fandango resulting in a later than expected play off in Europe for the right to play Samoa for the final place in the World Cup.
This might mean that our Samoans are unavailable. To Samoa, I hope, and not us but who knows. A lot would be riding on the match for Samoa.

Re: European disUnion
Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 22:07
I understand that the fixture has been pushed back so that Samoan players will be able to play for their country. Quite right too, it would be a crime if they were denied a place at the RWC simply because they couldn’t field their best side due to red tape

gran (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 06:47
SP, I read somewhere that it stems from Spain Belgium and rumania all being suspended for their parts in the recent spat. As a consequence the European play off is between Germany and Portugal and the delay is due to their players needing time to get up to speed at short notice.

Russia have now been given the final European place in Japan by default.

For Samoa professional players to have to wait while this all unfolds seems inappropriate. It also seems odd that Russia get nodded in, whilst Samoa need to play off against such opposition.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:41
Right fudge by the authorities.

The ban is actually nothing to do with the debacle at the Belgium/Spain match reffed by the Romanian - they ducked that issue and banned all three on player eligibity issues - shame for all involved.

Spain is my second home/team.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 11:36
Quote:
Jimeno
Right fudge by the authorities.
The ban is actually nothing to do with the debacle at the Belgium/Spain match reffed by the Romanian - they ducked that issue and banned all three on player eligibity issues - shame for all involved.

Spain is my second home/team.

It stinks, to be honest.

The players I feel for most of all, from what I read there are cases for mitigating circumstances but seems like they've used that to dodge the real issues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net