rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: England vs Baa Baas
Jim H (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:11
Rich, I think Woodwards Mum is English and he spent a fair chunk of his childhood here (as well as studying at Hartpury).

hooter (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:27
Brown shouldnít even be in the squad on this years form.

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 22:38
Quote:
Jim H
Rich, I think Woodwards Mum is English and he spent a fair chunk of his childhood here (as well as studying at Hartpury).

I wish it were so Jim (& maybe it is) but all I can find on Google is his Gma is English. As for Hartpury he spent 2 years there it's true but .........

Mind you as good as he is Goode is (all round) better IMO and he is kept out by Brown so ........

Graham_U (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:24
Until this season I think Brown has been an outstanding full back for England and never let them down. He is one of the best in the UK at the FB basics, more solid in defence and better runner in space than Goode (who is a better distributor and possibly more creative). But IMHO its far too late in his career to put him on the wing, especially in this type of match where you'd normally expect some up and coming prospect to be given a chance. I suspect Woody's more maverick loose play probably counts against him in Eddies eye as a FB.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 14:12
Given Daly is playing 15 he's far more similar to Woodward in terms of playmaking than he is to Brown.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 16:39
Afoa took to his role in Lamís attacking structure like a duck to water

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 16:56
Wow what a game. Pat Lam had this squad together for such a short time, but you could see his influence in terms of togetherness and culture I know he had the pick of the best but it still takes a special person to turn them into a TEAM in such a short time Don't let England poach him like they did Borthwick Well done Pat and the squad

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 19:32
Quote:
JamboBris
Given Daly is playing 15 he's far more similar to Woodward in terms of playmaking than he is to Brown.

Iím sorry. I am a big fan Woodward, but he is no Elliot Daly.

hooter (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 19:53
Just watched pat lam after match interview on YouTube at the end he jokingly says to Chris Ashton thereís a place for him in his squad if he wants to come home.(Sm100)

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 22:20
Well done Pat and Co... did I spy JT as the water boy as well?

It's a good advertisement to players, maybe they'll want to come to Bristol when their current contracts are up?

Furriner (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 09:02
That was one helluva side Pat put together, and what a game they gave us! I hope Pat can tap up a couple of them. Mind you, they were playing a 2XV there, with people like Brown clearly all at sea out of position.

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 09:52
Yes Rinkadink, JT was there as was Connor McPhillips.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 09:53
What a great post match interview by PL and Chris Ashton.

I know it must be easy to be up when you have won but the fresh, upbeat, totally believable style Pat brings is really inspiring.

Well done to all players, officials, management for a massively entertaining game and a stark reminder how rugby can be played and enjoyed by all.

Happy Monday everyone!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 13:38
A lot of noise about Ashton but he got the headlines because of a hat trick that included two open goals. Yes he ran some god lines, but he also showed how much pace he's lost when he couldn't get away from ford after just 9 minutes. Imho there were 20 players that had a better game than he did yesterday. Now if PL could tempt Semi Radrada to Bris, I'd be a very happy camper indeed.

youngone (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 11:27
Just watched the extended highlights as i was away for the game. What a great game. The baa baas seemed to be really enjoying themselves and i found it easy to lose myself in the idea that PLs coaching ethos had a big part to play in them both flourishing and enjoying themselves. Fernandez Lobbe praised Lam highly saying that he should be applauded for the work he did on meshing the group, as mentioned above it can't have been a bad networking exercise.

Also, such a great show of character that Lam gave Rhodri that bit of exposure when hes leaving the club, top guy. And i don't think he really stepped up and seemed to excel on the big stage (which i am also quite happy about) although maybe those watching the full 80 saw it different.

Finally, you would never know Afoa was the age he is from watching him play! seemed to keep up with things with no issue and I noticed that his immediate reaction to receiving the ball looked like that of a back more so than a forward. Lam mentioned at the end what a huge character he was for the squad both on and off the pitch so lets hope he can bring that with him next season!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 16:17

This is a good little one from BrisTV.

Rich. (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 22:30
Did you mean to say this about Rhodri youngone? - ' i don't think he really stepped up and seemed to excel on the big stage (which i am also quite happy about)'? He had a really good game I thought, choosing the right options and quickly establishing a partnership with Finn Russell. And why would you be happy if he didn't step up? I can only assume you meant to say 'do think he really stepped up.'

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net