rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Prem final
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 16:08
Wow, while superb at it, this final is showing just how one dimensional Exeter are. Have no answer to Sarries defence and refusal to give them pens and therefore field position. Bristol take note of the defensive intensity Sarries are showing.

Re: Prem final
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 16:49
Exe 100% possession for over 10 continuous minutes and only 3 points. Start of second half they had well over 20 phases of possession and only broke gainline by a meter or two before turning it over. Only ever going to be one result with things like that. Exe have no plan B when their forwards aren't winning contact with the one system, guess Baxter has some answering to do.

Well done Sarries, deserved winners. Showed such control and had the right game plan.

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:11
Canít believe these negative remarks Exe won the league and should therefor be CHAMPIONS
Guess you guys would like to go back to play offs in the Championship as well

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:28
Thatís not the format though Albert is it, Exe knew that from the off and itís a completely different situation to championship playoffs.
Wasnít being negative towards Exe other than them being superbly one dimensional. Itís just that if the oppo win the collisions then they have no alternative which they will need to develop as itís this which is stopping them going further in Europe.
Perhaps you should engage the debate instead of just stating your opinion as fact?

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:49
No itís not the format but I bet you were one of those wanting the Championship play offs scrapped The league should be a marathon not a sprint

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:56
I would agree with you if there was a level playing field throughout the season with no internationals but there are 8 of them with, I believe, more Sarries in the squad than Chiefs so playoffs in the prem are fair.
Would I like it if Bristol do an Exeter? Possibly not but I have an objective view as a neutral at the moment.
This is why people who compare the Prem playoffs with the old champ ones are a bit foolish IMO. Sorry Albert thatís the nicest way I could phrase it! smiling smiley

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 18:58
Quote:
Albertfromla
Canít believe these negative remarks Exe won the league and should therefor be CHAMPIONS

What negative remarks?

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Albertfromla

What negative remarks?

Right-Dink - I'd hazard a guess that calling Exeter 'One dimensional' is negative!!!! After all I thought you were the arbitrator of critical comments!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2018 19:44 by Bristol-Supporter.

bennystoon (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:41
My God this place is like a playground full of squabbling kids

hooter (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:26
Started to watch it but had to turn the sound down because of the ex fans constant noise. Wish bt would give you different sound feeds, would have settled for just a commentary. Hope we donít have to put up with that drone next year when they visit. The better team won in the end.

robtheh (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:48
Christ, this is gonna be a long off season.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 22:32
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Albertfromla

What negative remarks?

Right-Dink - I'd hazard a guess that calling Exeter 'One dimensional' is negative!!!! After all I thought you were the arbitrator of critical comments!

[m.rugbynetwork.net]

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 22:41
Mind you Exe were Champions last year but didn't top the league.

Thing is with Exeter I fully expect them to learn from this and adapt. They can bully most teams into exhaustion and find gaps but when they play the very best they can't do it and Baxter will know this and will plan to be more creative from next year. Sarries have developed in that way and are normally good to watch now.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 00:19
Quote:
hooter
Started to watch it but had to turn the sound down because of the ex fans constant noise. Wish bt would give you different sound feeds, would have settled for just a commentary. Hope we donít have to put up with that drone next year when they visit. The better team won in the end.

So sorry, we promise to be very, very quiet next season just for you.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:32
Quote:
hooter

'Ex fans constant noise' - yeah, damn those supporters who make an atmosphere for 80 full minutes, as opposed to only piping up when the ball is within 10 metres of either try-line. The funny thing is that 99.9% of sports fans would see that comment as praise, even though you meant it as a criticism.

Personally, I would love it if the game-day atmosphere at AG was anywhere near as good as it is at Sandy Park.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:36
If only that were true.

As for the game itself, yes it is true that the Exeter game plan is based around possession and waiting for cracks to appear. I admire the ruthless way they exploit the cracks when they do appear. When they get to within 5m they typically score, when most other sides huff and puff before knocking on. Yesterday the cracks didn't appear and they were up against a better counter attacking side. For me the worry is that both teams are a long way beyond anything we showed last season in terms of intensity and accuracy, even basic fitness. I hope the off-season is a long one because there's a lot of work to be done!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:42
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
I hope the off-season is a long one because there's a lot of work to be done!

Funny you mention that -the below quote appeared in the BP before the final game, and i remember thinking at the time that the pre-season seemed crazy long. For some players, it will be a 3 month preseason.

"While some of the Bristol Rugby squad will return to pre-season action as early as May 28, just two days after the Aviva Premiership final is played, they will not be back in competitive pre-season action until mid August when they will play three pre-season matches ahead of the opening weekend of the Gallagher Premiership in September."

hooter (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 08:59
I donít mind people making a noise or singing but the constant drone got on my nerves after about 10 minutes.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:38
[quote hooter]I donít mind people making a noise or singing.......[/

Phew, thereís a relief.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:40
The drone can become aggravating (as a Sarries fan I seem to heard it a lot this season) as it drags on, but no reason for them to stop it.

Granted I definitely have a biased position on the topic of playoffs, but I've been strongly in favour of them in the AP and very against them in the Championship, where they are both unjust in who they let up and make staying that much harder.

We played Exeter in the international season missing another 7 players or so (between the international teams), so <I>if</I> that had gone the other way Sarries would actually have won the league.

Looking forward to seeing you guys up this season, and work location rotations depending, plan on making it over

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net