rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Prem final
Graham_U (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:53
I would happy swap Ex's game plan (and perceived problems) for what we have seen from Bris last season where we have often struggled to brake down part-time teams and seem to lack the ball retention that Ex have shown. Its not done that bad over the last 3 season for them, and even this season they have beaten Sarries home and away, just failed in the big one against the recent Euro champs with their star studied/funded squad.

As for the crowd, I'm no fan of the plastic "chiefs/indian" apparel, and would ban headdresses and drums from all grounds, have to acknowledge that their fans do get behind their team. But still think there is nothing better that the "Briiiisssstttooollll" chant ringing round the ground. But I guess we will be expected to sing teddy bears picnic or something similar next season (Sm105)

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Fatkatz (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 12:03
If I were an Exeter fan, I would be delighted to hear my chant/apparel really irritated other sides. The answer is to do what the Dolman did last time they visited AG and take the beat over with a suitably modified Brisstttrooll! Helps, of course, if the team is winning.

Wickerman (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 21:06
Money and fan base talk.
Exeter have magnificently punched above their weight for the last few years and good luck to them.
They will likely have relegation issues in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.A shame but harsh reality -baring some rich sugar daddy.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 22:16
Quote:
Fatkatz
If I were an Exeter fan, I would be delighted to hear my chant/apparel really irritated other sides. The answer is to do what the Dolman did last time they visited AG and take the beat over with a suitably modified Brisstttrooll! Helps, of course, if the team is winning.

I hate this, just gives the impression the opposition fans are louder than they are and implies we are devoid of ideas.

Chanting Bristol or We Are Bristol or something completely different over the top is a better idea.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 05:16
Quote:
Wickerman
Money and fan base talk.
Exeter have magnificently punched above their weight for the last few years and good luck to them.
They will likely have relegation issues in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.A shame but harsh reality -baring some rich sugar daddy.

They already have a sugar daddy.
Donít quite know how you figure they havenít?

Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 12:53
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Wickerman
Money and fan base talk.

Have they! Well I guess thatís why they make a £1m+ Profit every year. Very generous I say.

So many ill informed experts say the same, but are not accurate. Best you get your facts right before making such an erroneous statement.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 14:10
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Wickerman
Money and fan base talk.

Have they! Well I guess thatís why they make a £1m+ Profit every year. Very generous I say.

So many ill informed experts say the same, but are not accurate. Best you get your facts right before making such an erroneous statement.

Yes, because that 1m profit has always been there, right?
Tony Rowe hasnít paid a penny towards any higher wages that have occurred as youíve become more successful?
Of course, I was forgetting. Silly me.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 15:13
[quote robtheh][quote Chiefs][quote robtheh][quote Wickerman]Money and fan base talk.
They will likely have relegation issues in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.A shame but harsh reality -baring some rich sugar daddy.[/quote]

Donít quite know how you figure they havenít?[/quote]

So many ill informed experts say the same, but are not accurate. Best you get your facts right before making such an erroneous statement.[/quote]

Tony Rowe hasnít paid a penny towards any higher wages that have occurred as youíve become more successful?
Of course, I was forgetting. Silly me.[

You really are clutching at straws, do some research if your capable.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 17:38
Sssh! You must never challenge the myth behind Exeter's rise. It had nothing to do with a couple of fortunate property deals and the financial input of one wealthy man. Oh no.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 17:55
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Sssh! You must never challenge the myth behind Exeter's rise. It had nothing to do with a couple of fortunate property deals and the financial input of one wealthy man. Oh no.

Plenty of other clubs have had the input of one wealthy man. None have been able to use it to generate on-field success and off-field sustainability.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 19:25
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

Plenty of other clubs have had the input of one wealthy man. None have been able to use it to generate on-field success and off-field sustainability.

No-one is denying that.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 19:28
[quote Chiefs][quote robtheh][quote Chiefs][quote robtheh][quote Wickerman]Money and fan base talk.
They will likely have relegation issues in the next 3-5 years in my opinion.A shame but harsh reality -baring some rich sugar daddy.[/quote]

Donít quite know how you figure they havenít?[/quote]

So many ill informed experts say the same, but are not accurate. Best you get your facts right before making such an erroneous statement.[/quote]

Of course, I was forgetting. Silly me.[

You really are clutching at straws, do some research if your capable.[/quote]

What straws am I clutching at?
Why donít you tell me what this research will unearth?

Wickerman (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:27
Unfashionable part of the country to live in.
Sorry but looking over your shoulder at the wrong end of the table within 5 years.
You can come back then if Iím wrong.
Which I may well be.
Still my opinion.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:36
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

This.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:56
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

Who said it had nothing to do with a fortunate property deal, that is how we are at Sandy Park!

It will be interesting to see the figures at the end of next season, and who is and isnít sustainable. Where to you think Bris will be.

Have a good season, you seem such a nice bunch.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:55
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Gray_Lensman

Who said it had nothing to do with a fortunate property deal, that is how we are at Sandy Park!

It will be interesting to see the figures at the end of next season, and who is and isnít sustainable. Where to you think Bris will be.

Have a good season, you seem such a nice bunch.

As a Bristol fan, i generally sense a large amount of resentment about the Chiefs generally, probably borne out of envy.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 10:07
AIS - I agree! I hate to admit it but I loathe the Chiefs - but not because of a thing theyíve done! If anything, itís because of what they have done - I really admire what they have achieved and the way they play the game. Yes they came unstuck against Sarries but then again, the way Sarries played was pretty much perfect for the occasion. What rankles me about Chiefs is that it could have been us - all the plaudits they have received (and rightly so) could have been paid to us and our achievements if weíd not lost out to them all those years ago. This is what frustrates me the most and still to this day makes me think of what couldíve been if weíd not ballsed up so much of our recent history. I have no animosity towards any of their fans and would also be rightly enjoying bloodying the noses of the hierarchy but I just canít allow myself to enjoy their achievements from a Bristol perspective - definitely sour grapes and jealousy here and just hope the 2nd (or is it 3rd/4th/5th) coming is as positive as it is being touted. Looking forward to readdressing the balance between Chiefs and Bris next season (hopefully!)
Címon you Bris (Bears)

robtheh (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 10:49
I absolutely admire what Exeter have achieved: youíd have to have an enormous chip on ones shoulder to not do so.
The part that I disagree with is the romanticism that surrounds the idea that what they have done is (in a purely rugby-oriented sense) any different from other high achieving side, barring the fact that they came up and won the premiership in such a short space of time.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 10:55
I too don't understand the chip on the shoulder from some when it comes to Exeter, whether it's about their success or the circumstances that put them there. They beat us when it mattered and have gone from strength to strength. Yes, I'm very envious of their success but that doesn't lead to a feeling of animosity toward them.

That said, if someone stood in front of me with one of those headdresses on which prevented me from seeing the game, I would politely ask them to remove it or move somewhere else.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 16:39
Quote:
Standardprocedure

That said, if someone stood in front of me with one of those headdresses on which prevented me from seeing the game, I would politely ask them to remove it or move somewhere else.

So would/do I mate, I cannot stand the bloody things and neither can the vast majority of genuine rugby fans here either. If you have an issue at SP, be polite, if that does not work speak to a steward, they should request it is removed.

If you ever see a Chiefs fan walking out of Sandy Park with a feather hanging out his @#$%&.......He was stood in front of me!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net