rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

New Kit in the Shop Before Start of Season
Peter_B (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 19:12
Several reports and photos of supporters wearing new items with Bears on the front. Good news.

To be fair I havenít bought a shirt since I started looking less convincing wearing one but I may buy something this time.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Re: New Kit in the Shop Before Start of Season
hooter (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 19:23
Nice picture of the shop at the end, didnít realise that they were still selling last seasons kit 🐻😄

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 19:23
Quote:
Peter_B
Several reports and photos of supporters wearing new items with Bears on the front. Good news.
To be fair I havenít bought a shirt since I started looking less convincing wearing one but I may buy something this time.

I popped in today as it was literally just the one style of t-shirt (the synthetic material).....hoping for better in the coming weeks

Peter_B (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 12:30
In fact iíll probably pop over on Wednesday and have a look.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 12:58
I want a Bears coffee mug, and a baseball cap. Can someone advise when I can procure these please?

Peter_B (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 13:15
From the pictures the mugs are in the shop.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Snooks (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 13:45
Went in today, they have the short sleeve training style top, a mug, pin badge, keyring and baby on board style car thing. Current season tickets apply discount still but the shop assistant said that they are unsure when the new ones take over.

BigO (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 11:46
Been away for a week, so missed the June 1st launch day. Doesn't look like I missed out. My expectations of Bristol Sport from a commercial perspective are very low indeed - but in Steve Lansdown's own words, this rebranding has been on the cards and in plan for 18 months. You'd therefore assume that there would have been enough time to get the various ducks lined up to ensure a shop full of high quality merchandise and a big fanfare. Another opportunity missed. I'm in this line of work, and I'd be embarrassed if myself our my colleagues we're behind something that is so abjectly amateur. How difficult can it be?

Peter D (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 12:30
Quote:
BigO
Been away for a week, so missed the June 1st launch day. Doesn't look like I missed out.

Nothing happened. The website changed - a little bit. Twitter changed a little bit. A few Bristol Bears branded items appeared in the store.

I hope we play rugby better than we rebrand.

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 14:18
Quote:
Peter D
Quote:
BigO
Been away for a week, so missed the June 1st launch day. Doesn't look like I missed out.

Nothing happened. The website changed - a little bit. Twitter changed a little bit. A few Bristol Bears branded items appeared in the store.

I hope we play rugby better than we rebrand.

Don't worry - I think we'd have to lose every game by 20-40 points to be worse. Honestly not saying that as I'm against the Bears name and the lack of consultation. It's done now so I want it to work. We've always been bad at marketing and so I'm not surprised one bit unfortunately. At least in the amateur days people were often helping out for free. These days people are actually earning money to do this so badly.

BigO (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 15:28
It all feels like water under the bridge, and I've got no real problem with the re-branding. But the way it was planned and is being rolled out leaves a lot to be desired.

Doing this cultural change stuff isn't an easy task, especially for an organisation which has so much history, and such passionate fans ('stakeholders').

But to keep on making the same fundamental, basic, mistakes tells me that the commercial people at BS are just that - BS! There are 000s of other professional sports clubs who could teach us a lot about these basics.

What surprises me more is that SL allows it to happen, when on the other hand he drives such a 'culture of excellence' on the sporting front (even if the outputs of that aren't quite there yet for either code).

I won't lose sleep over it, but it's bl00dy frustrating as an onlooker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 16:40 by BigO.

BrisMark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:15
New (largely unpopular) name; new (largely unpopular) club badge; new (largely unpopular) kit; same old@#$%&organisation behind the scenes - some things never change!

Peter_B (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:16

To be fair I havenít bought a shirt since I started looking less convincing wearing one but I may buy something this time

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

rjssomerset (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:21
Commercial team need a kickk up the a##. Gloucester rebrand was announced after us and the kit is in stock. Air freight from wherever its made is one week max so either it wasn't ordered until late or they refused to pay the extra to air freight in initial stock. Poor!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:22
Perhaps the club is focusing upon online sales to the thousands of global Bears fans...

BrisMark (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:25
Quote:
Channel2
Perhaps the club is focusing upon online sales to the thousands of global Bears fans...

PMSL love it!!

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:30
We can forget selling any in Washington DC after the match on Saturday .....

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:42
don't be silly Rich, the product on the pitch doesn't make a blind bit of difference. It's all in the name, you see. If they had been called, I dunno, the Wales Whales, the stadium would've been full to bursting

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 18:04
Yep sorry you're right SP, though I think on this occasion everyone will be very glad so few Americans turned up to watch it. I must remember to be tidying my sock drawer if Carley refs a rain (or humidity .... ) affected match of ours next season.

Olly (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 18:21
Quote:
BigO
Doing this cultural change stuff isn't an easy task, especially for an organisation which has so much history, and such passionate fans ('stakeholders').

That was the easy bit they simply didnít bother to consult them.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net