rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Match tickets for away European games
Big Dave (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 10:47
Having no idea where we will play in Russia I have not bothered to have a look, but I am assuming that La Rochelle's stadium (16,000 capacity) will be much easier to get a ticket for than Zebre's (5,000).

Also, I am assuming that should we get to the quarter finals then at that point we are likely to have left the European Union, and I wonder if that will have any effect on the squad we can put out? For instance, will a Samoan passport holder be able to work within the EU let alone travel there?

99% sure it won't have an impact but, you never know . . .

Re: Match tickets for away European games
Channel2 (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 11:08
I would imagine all the French clubs would be in revolt if Islanders couldn't work there !

Big Dave (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 11:25
Yeah, but the deal will be with EU, so if we're outside the EU and haven't got another deal, it's not a problem for the French (or Irish or Italians or whoever), but it might be a problem for clubs in the UK . . .

Graham_U (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 11:55
BD: I think there will be more chance of a sell out at LaRochelle than at Zebre BD, and that is nice area for a visit. The Zebre ground is always mostly empty on the league matches, where as when I've seen LaRochelle in highlights its looked much fuller. Although not sure anyone will be taking this competition too serious.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

SimonB (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 12:55
No chance of any change re EU regulations by then, we will be "in transition"!

stmky (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 15:35
In Krasnoyarsk, the games will be at the Central Stadium (15,000). It will be opened after reconstruction in late August. Tickets are not expensive, you can buy at the stadium on the day of the game. The airport in Krasnoyarsk is new. The city is preparing for the 2019 Winter Universiade. Problems should not be. Тeed a London-Moscow and Moscow-Krasnoyarsk transplant. There are no direct flights.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 07:07
There are no direct flights and once you have changed at Moscow itís another four and a half hours. I canít see many, if any, Bristol fans getting there.

robtheh (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 07:09
Quote:
Big Dave
There are no direct flights and once you have changed at Moscow itís another four and a half hours. I canít see many, if any, Bristol fans getting there.
I was sorely tempted but the £600 flight price put me off!

hooter (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 08:19
Perhaps bristol sport could lease a plane for the team and supporters to fly over.

stmky (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 09:27
In 2015, in Krasnoyarsk, there were several dozen Connacht fans, and in 2017 several dozen French (Bordeaux and Stade France).

Big Dave (IP Logged)
22 June, 2018 13:44
If I had the money and the understanding partner I think I would be tempted by Krasnayorsk but I would still want to see how Putin's police treat England's footy fans before buying a ticket!

La Rochelle, mind, surely everyone in a Bristol school in the 80s would have had the "Tricolore" text book for French lessons? Wasn't everything in that book about La Rochelle and referred to actual people who lived there?

Whagwan (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Big Dave
La Rochelle, mind, surely everyone in a Bristol school in the 80s would have had the "Tricolore" text book for French lessons? Wasn't everything in that book about La Rochelle and referred to actual people who lived there?

Yup, well remembered sir!

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 12:31
Quote:
Whagwan
Quote:
Big Dave

Yup, well remembered sir!

Oh yes! I remember that text book very well. 'Fifi La Folle' was a prominent character I seem to remember.

Garym (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 15:52
As a Worcester fan - buy tickets for La Rochelle before you go ours was pretty .much sold out.Been to Parma/Zebre 3 times and tickets never a problem. great place for a weekend and you can make a trip of it bu going on to Bologna or Genoa.

Olly (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 17:58
I was looking at the Parma flights options the other day. Anybody found cheap options.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2018 18:00 by Olly.

Seedub (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 20:25
Its impossible to say really until we get the fixtures as the flights are dependent on the time of year. Sadly from what I've seen, the winter schedules will not be kind to us, and have to remember unless you leave it until the last minute when the TV schedules are agreed, the games could be on Thurs nights, Fri, Sat or Sunday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net