rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Quins have abandoned ship!
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 18:37
Left Sportnetwork for pastures new.

TTFN

Are people as hacked off on this board? Any lurkers who would read/post more often if on a different no advert platform?

Re: Quins have abandoned ship!
Peter D (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 20:00
Whenever I look at this site without an adblocker the ads are annoying and incredibly distracting. And, I have to say, the new Quins board is much better looking than Sportnetwork, which I don't remember having much of a makeover in all the time I've been a member. (Just checked and I joined in 2007, so that's a good long while.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 20:02 by Peter D.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 21:39
Only if we made a rugbynetwork part two with all the other clubs joining. Would likely require an effort from all the admins from their respective club sites. Anyway I'm unsure if Quins' departure is all due to ads however, have a feeling there's more.

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 11:20
I did suggest to the Mods on OTIB that a rugby subforum might be an idea. The build of this website is so dated its painful.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 11:52
Bristol Rugby is not a subset of Bristol City and does not need a subforum on a City website.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 13:22
Quote:
ColinDaniel
I did suggest to the Mods on OTIB that a rugby subforum might be an idea. The build of this website is so dated its painful.
If there's a rebrand to TTIB, sure...

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 12:36
Quote:
Big Dave
Bristol Rugby is not a subset of Bristol City and does not need a subforum on a City website.

The dwindling user base suggests otherwise.

phantom74 (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 13:09
Quote:
ColinDaniel

Didn't see that come across, who did you suggest it to?

Understand that the rugby fans should have their own forum etc, but for those who have not seen the football one, compare www.otib.co.uk to this place

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 13:34
Quote:
phantom74
Quote:
ColinDaniel

Understand that the rugby fans should have their own forum etc, but for those who have not seen the football one, compare www.otib.co.uk to this place

I mentioned it ages ago in fairness. I think the rugby should have their own forum, absolutely, but given this seems to be the only one (which they also don't own) an alternative on OTIB which uses technology from this century might be more encouraging to new users than this one.

It was just a suggestion anyway, not sure why Dave is having a cry over it.

Rich. (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 21:54
Quote:
ColinDaniel
Quote:
Big Dave

Do you mean a dwindling user base on here? Is this true? It's always very quiet in the summer

phantom74 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 08:07
Quote:
ColinDaniel
Quote:
phantom74
Quote:
ColinDaniel

I mentioned it ages ago in fairness. I think the rugby should have their own forum, absolutely, but given this seems to be the only one (which they also don't own) an alternative on OTIB which uses technology from this century might be more encouraging to new users than this one.

It was just a suggestion anyway, not sure why Dave is having a cry over it.

Agree completely, I'm not sure who looks after this site, but would be well worth them having a chat with Tom that looks after OTIB

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 14:42
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
ColinDaniel
Quote:
Big Dave

Do you mean a dwindling user base on here? Is this true? It's always very quiet in the summer
It is always quiet in the summer, we don't put out any news and we don't have an ongoing world cup to talk about. No new departures or signings unlike City as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net