rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Barf Match
willy1947 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 20:14
Just looked at the seat plan on ticket sales site, and it states that all seats in upper Lansdown & in the Atyeo stand are sold out. Is this a fact, or are they just not putting them on offer.

Re: Barf Match
AndyJB (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 21:26
Those two stands being closed still leaves a capacity of around 19k.The upper Lansdown is normally closed for football as well, only opening it for the bigger games. Lansdown says he dreams of sell out crowds at Rugby but we are way off that at present.

What do people reckon crowd for opening game will be? I'm guessing around 15K would be pretty good.

Rich. (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 21:46
From memory it was 17/18k last Prem game v Bath at AG but that was during 6 Nations and we seemed all but doomed by then and quality of entertainment was poor. I think the previous time (not during international weekend) it was 22k.

This being 31 Aug with lot of hols (live on BT Sport but that normal) I expect at least 20k. With good marketing 22k easy

LA Angel (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 22:15
If you're not a season ticket holder, get your tickets quick before Tarquin and his Hooray Henry chums fill the Gate!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 23:04
Market it and we should have more than 20k; we had the record for prem attendances for some time when we played them down the road at AG before the double headers were a thing.

The potential is there for a sell out but we probably need to prove ourselves on the pitch a little first and the club need to do more promotion.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 08:43
Theyíll probably open them if the rest of the ground looks like selling out.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

John Denver (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 10:14
Twitter says that 7,000 tickets sold so far - not sure if that includes season tickets. If it is, that's really disappointing.

Fatkatz (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:07
I reckon in addition to ST - excepting the Ateyo and West Upper, there appear to be around 7000 tickets still available on website. So that, 5500 ST and 7000 sold maybe about right. If so, OK for mid-Jul.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:11
Quote:
John Denver
Twitter says that 7,000 tickets sold so far - not sure if that includes season tickets. If it is, that's really disappointing.

Luckily it's not for over a month yet plus if it doesn't include season tickets then 12k with all that time to go is decent.

I hope/expect the club to ramp things up closer to the date.

Rich. (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:46
I suspect it will include STs but I'm going and I've not bought yet - ages away, not in my mind to buy yet plus not sure yet who will come with me

Channel2 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:51
Quote:
Peter_B
Theyíll probably open them if the rest of the ground looks like selling out.

Thats how its done for the football matches Peter.

Olly (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 12:33
On the downside lots of people on holiday. If this game was played on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I think it would have attracted a good few more. Some will be discouraged by having to travel in the Friday night rush along the A4 or even not wanting to keep the kids up late.
Itís on TV.
I Donít think the rebrand will have any significant impact.

On the plus side itís the first game back in the Premiership,
Itís at home.
Weather shouldnít be too bad.
Some away fans might even venture out of the cabbage patch for the first time and visit Englandís best city, the Premierships best Stadium and watch a game played on one of the countryís best playing surfaces.
And of course Bristol are Playing under Pats new set up for the first time (excluding friendly) new players and new coaches so everyone will be looking for a good start to the season..

JamboBris (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 12:55
Unsurprisingly given the price difference... South stand central blocks practically sold out. Dolman wings look deserted.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 16:07
Quote:
Rich.
I suspect it will include STs

I think you're right. My very rough calculation shows about 9500 still available. Sure sales will accelerate pretty quickly nearer the date.

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 15:23
Anything under 20k will surely be seen as a dismal failure.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 10:22
Quote:
ColinDaniel

Agreed simply because Bath will bring thousands because they have lots of fans in east and south east Bristol/Keynsham etc.

Top name incidentally.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 10:26
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
ColinDaniel

Agreed simply because Bath will bring thousands because they have lots of fans in east and south east Bristol/Keynsham etc.

Top name incidentally.
They didn't last time we were in the prem.

Probably best for them as they lost but still...

Jimeno (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 11:03
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
ColinDaniel

Top name incidentally.
They didn't last time we were in the prem.

Probably best for them as they lost but still...

Think it was around 16,000 wasn't it?

There's a better buzz around now though - should beat that.

Rich. (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 16:53
Don't think there's been many Bath fans at our home derbies with them for a while now. Hundreds not thousands IMO

Channel2 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 08:41
Quote:
Rich.
Don't think there's been many Bath fans at our home derbies with them for a while now. Hundreds not thousands IMO

I think this will be different. We were all but down last time.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net