Current Page: 2 of 7

Re: Barf Match
Rich. (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 08:55
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
Rich.
Don't think there's been many Bath fans at our home derbies with them for a while now. Hundreds not thousands IMO

I think this will be different. We were all but down last time.

Why did that effect the number of Bath fans who came?

Whagwan (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 21:16
They wanted to see the knock out blow. They were sorely disappointed!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 12:22
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
Rich.
Don't think there's been many Bath fans at our home derbies with them for a while now. Hundreds not thousands IMO

I think this will be different. We were all but down last time.

Why did that effect the number of Bath fans who came?

Sorry Rich. Two lines of conversation going on - I meant the over all gate wasn't massive because we were all but down.

I believe the only thing thats likely to affect the attendance is the scheduling of the game because AG isn't the most accessible from out of town on an evening match.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 12:55
I think it was an international weekend last time.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 17:31 by Peter_B.

Rich. (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 19:58
Yes it was Peter and with you now Channel2!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 15:47
Demand for tickets is such that the upper tier of the Lansdowne stand is being opened up. Could be close to a full house! Given that it's on TV and still holiday season, that's quite the achievement!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 15:59
Still quite a few tickets in all areas of the ground and it doesn't look like the Atyeo stand is available yet ?
Either way, it already looks like over 20,000 and a few weeks to go which is brilliant for the reasons standardproceedure cited.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 16:22
Good to see they’ve opened up up the top tier already. Good plan rather than have every area absolutely packed out.

I’m also slightly relieved now as I was due to work that night.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 17:09
I would imagine the Atyeo will be closed all season unless of course the tickets sold reach over 21,000. Shame in some ways as a full Atyeo will add more atmosphere than a full upper Lansdown. Great view but too far away from pitch IMO.

Bod (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 17:25
I think the Tarquins , Ruperts, Jemimas and Annabellas will be out in good numbers.
(Sm3)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:12
Quote:
Bod
I think the Tarquins , Ruperts, Jemimas and Annabellas will be out in good numbers.
(Sm3)

And you'll be cheering on the bears this time, right? winking smiley

Jimeno (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 05:54
Great that the upper Lansdown is going to be open - I watched the Man United match from up there - great view.

Shame about the Ateo though - in some ways I wish they'd open that instead. It never looks right to me on telly when an entire stand is empty.

Rich. (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 07:25
Quote:
Standardprocedure
Demand for tickets is such that the upper tier of the Lansdowne stand is being opened up. Could be close to a full house! Given that it's on TV and still holiday season, that's quite the achievement!

Absolutely! I'd better get my tickets sorted soon!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 07:53
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
I would imagine the Atyeo will be closed all season unless of course the tickets sold reach over 21,000. Shame in some ways as a full Atyeo will add more atmosphere than a full upper Lansdown. Great view but too far away from pitch IMO.

Agree with you on the atmosphere, but the marginal costs of opening up the Upper Landsdown tier is quite low, as there are already stewards, bar staff, etc on duty in that stand for the lower section. Opening up the Atyeo would cost a fair bit more.

31 July, 2018 08:20
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
Cidered Abroad

Agree with you on the atmosphere, but the marginal costs of opening up the Upper Landsdown tier is quite low, as there are already stewards, bar staff, etc on duty in that stand for the lower section. Opening up the Atyeo would cost a fair bit more.

Entirely agree on the cost reasons. Just seems strange as others have said to see three sides full and empty at one end. But who knows, there are still four weeks to go and it might still happen if every Bris fan decides to be there.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:01
What happens at City matches - are both the Atyeo and the upper Lansdown both open for every match?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:11
The away fans are caged in the Atyeo because it is separate from the rest of the stadium.

AndyJB (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:11
Upper Lansdown normally closed unless big game and Atyeo reserved for away supporters only.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 12:28
Regarding the Atyeo stand, this season the football club has decided that the whole will not be reserved for away fans and they will be limited to their maximum entitlement of 2,700.
Whilst home fans won't be allowed in unless a sell out as per the Manchester cup games last season it is felt that over 4000 away fans, all stood and chanting under a low roof without stewards policing drowns home fans sat on their hands in the other three highly sanitised areas of the ground.
I can confirm that this is often the case, and in any event only 4 teams last season actually took up the entire end resulting in one win, one draw, and two defeats
This won't of course be an issue for the rugby club as segregation isn't currently an issue.

31 July, 2018 13:40
But it might have been rather amusing if Barff fans were only allowed in the Atyeo and then just before kick off, the fire safety screen at the front had been rolled down!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net