rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Re: Barf Match
Number11 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 15:34
I think that figure includes season tickets Channel2.

Number11 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 15:35
Jimeno*

Peter_B (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 15:45
Tweet from the club earlier this week, 10k sold last Friday, 12k by Wednesday. Today’s Tweet says 12900 sold. Still a month to go.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 16:42
Quote:
Jimeno
Club post on Facebook saying season ticket sales now 5648 (a record) and ticket sales for this match 12900.
I assume that the 'official' attendance if counted at this time would be 18,000+ is that right?

Correct, as far as I'm aware.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 16:57
Rough calculation - it looks like there are about 2300 seats still available . But the site also shows some of the upper tier blocks are completely sold out, which I don't think is correct. I'm not sure if that helps in the calculation but thought I'd throw it in.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 17:17
Quote:
Jimeno
Club post on Facebook saying season ticket sales now 5648 (a record) and ticket sales for this match 12900.
I assume that the 'official' attendance if counted at this time would be 18,000+ is that right?

Pretty much every sports club uses ticket sales to inflate their attendance numbers....Bristol City definitely do this, as per the ‘25k or not’ park and ride fiasco in December and January.

My bet would be that the 12,900 is inclusive of season tickets

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:24
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
Jimeno

Pretty much every sports club uses ticket sales to inflate their attendance numbers....Bristol City definitely do this, as per the ‘25k or not’ park and ride fiasco in December and January.

My bet would be that the 12,900 is inclusive of season tickets

But if they've only sold 12900 including ST sales, why open the top deck.
The Dolman and South hold about a total of 13000. Lower Lansdown is about 6000 including hospitality.

I suspect ST total plus ticket sales = 17 to 18000 approx.

I'll see if I can get more info tomorrow from a mate in the ticket office.

Olly (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:24
Would 12,900 be enough to warrant opening the upper tier?? Probably not.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Peter D (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:26
This sort of announcement has always included season tickets in the past. Not much point otherwise. If they'd said 12000 when it's really 18000 it doesn't give much of an indication how many tickets remain.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 18:54
So nobody knows then...

Olly (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 19:59
Who’s got the Crystal Ball then? Got to be honest I’d be very disappointed if we’d only totalled 12.900 so far it’s a derby, 1st game back in the premiership, 1st outing of the new Pat Lam squad, weather should be ok, many stars on show, new fans village, new clubhouse, pubs will be open, the grass will be green, we have a roof, oh I nearly forgot we are playing that team down the road and up the Avon too. Not to be missed in my books.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Rich. (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 20:41
Most still won't have thought of buying their tickets yet IMO. Looking at the stadium plan I think they ought to start to though if they want the kind of seats they would prefer.

happyH (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 12:55
I can't see how most of the above are correct. If you click on the site, as if you are going to buy a ticket in each stand then and add up how may seats are available (and like a sado i have done that) then over 19000 are gone. That must include ST holders and the number sold being quoted on Twitter etc CANNOT include ST holders.

C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSS

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 13:02
Be good if so happyH - seems strange for the club to change on this though, as I'm sure they have always included ST number in similar updates before.

One possible is that a few thousand were given to Bath to sell and the club don't know how many they have sold yet (so haven't included that in their tweet) but at the same time they show on the ticket plan as seemingly being sold.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 14:14
The cynic in me is that Bristol are trying to create a panic for tickets?

I'm sure if someone messages them on Twitter they would/might answer, if not then it's BS

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 14:36
Suggesting they've ('only') sold 13k won't cause panic mind

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 14:47
Very true Rich smiling smiley

I think people want transparency, we are discussing something that ought/should be quite straightforward.

But if people have been working out how may empty seats are left (fair play to them), then we could be close to 20K...it's going to be a cracking night smiling smiley

I'm in the Heniken lounge so I won't be upsetting anyone with going to the bar mid game...(but that's a whole other thread)

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 15:32
Nice one

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 08:07
Tickets sold as at 13.00 yesterday and includes season tickets.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 08:16
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
Tickets sold as at 13.00 yesterday and includes season tickets.

Seems more realistic.

With a month to go until the game, and loads of people still on holiday etc, that’s a great total. I expect it to keep rising, and especially so in the the last week or two.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net