rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Re: Barf Match
Rich. (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 11:49
Thanks for the clarification Cidered and agree Alex this is a very good total at this stage. it means around 2.5K tickets were sold in a week (Friday to the Friday just gone) and you would expect ticket sales to increase towards the game rather than decrease so I would expect at least another 10000 and up to 13,000 more. Could we get near a sell out?

John Denver (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 13:59
Up to date figure just released on club website - 16,000

Rich. (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 15:05
Quote:
John Denver
Up to date figure just released on club website - 16,000

So that's over 3k since Friday. Gonna be a sell out or near as damn it - and TBH that should have been expected based on recent Prem matches against Bath at AG (ones not affected by internationals). Very good news though

John Denver (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 16:06
I recall Pat Lam last season being really excited about the atmosphere at last season's Bristol City v Man Utd sell-out cup game and that he wanted similar at the rugby. Obviously there will be a lot of Bath fans in attendance but if the team can put in a good shift it will hopefully bring back the "casual" supporter to future games.

Rich. (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 18:32
John I honestly don't think there will be lots of Bath fans there. Not joking but the vast majority will decide to watch on TV rather than go to what they see as the wild west of Bedminster. I live in Bath I know!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 08:38
Two seasons ago I arranged tickets for our Bath supporting friends and family - this year not a sniff from them - yet.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 11:56
Atyeo now opened

youngone (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:30
"With over 16,000 tickets now sold, the Atyeo Stand is now open to supporters, with adult ticket prices starting from just £30."

I thought the Atyeo stand were the cheap seats?! or is this a heightened price due to the exclusivity of the tickets available as other areas are sold out?

I admittedly have not been to anywhere near as many matches over the past 2 years as i would have liked to so im no expert on ticket price, but when we have been able to go we have sat in the Atyeo and i seem to remember them being £20-£25? Can anyone explain where I'm going wrong?

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:27
my gut reaction was that £30 for the Atyeo was a little steep, but it's arguably the biggest game of the season and there is clearly demand for it. Also, an adult ticket in the South Stand is £30, so it's in line with what's already being charged

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:28
I've never sat in the Atyeo but like you Youngone I thought they were around £20 last time we were in the Prem. Also what does starting from just £30 mean - are they more expensive in the middle of the Atyeo? I'm sure they will but they could do with promoting the fact that they are much cheaper for kids etc

Anyhoo great news to see it being opened

JamboBris (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 17:07
Can you imagine the whinging if after 16000 had bought tickets they then offered tickets that were a tenner cheaper than the cheapest currently on sale?

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 19:20
Simple supply and demand isnít it gents? If they can be sold at £30 then it would be good business to maximise revenue. Hopefully all regular supporters have been proactive and got theirs in a nice spot. If they havenít then itís tough luck really.
Does the 16k include season cards or not? No one seems to know??? (Sm56)

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 19:59
Quote:
Since 1888
Simple supply and demand isnít it gents? If they can be sold at £30 then it would be good business to maximise revenue. Hopefully all regular supporters have been proactive and got theirs in a nice spot. If they havenít then itís tough luck really.

Yes, all sale figures issued include all Season Cards. The total SC figure was recently given as circa 5,800. More may have been sold since that figure was issued.

On Saturday 4 August, the total sales were 13,200 so almost three thousand sold since then. Seems like 20,000 will be comfortably exceeded.

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 20:55
Less than 1,000 tickets for sale ( in total) in the 3 main stands now (so not including Atyeo) so that would indicate 22k sold so far. That said, two end blocks on the left in Lansdown stated as being 'sold out' and I suspect they have been given to Bath to sell (because you can but tickets for this match from Bath rugby ticket office) so I guess we don't know how many of them they have sold yet so we haven't included those in the announcements so far (so they have underplayed the tickets sold figure so far). Of course Bath may well not sell them all. I think it will be 25k or more

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 22:15
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
Quote:
Since 1888

Yes, all sale figures issued include all Season Cards. The total SC figure was recently given as circa 5,800. More may have been sold since that figure was issued.

On Saturday 4 August, the total sales were 13,200 so almost three thousand sold since then. Seems like 20,000 will be comfortably exceeded.

Thanks Cidered!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:38
Quote:
youngone
"With over 16,000 tickets now sold, the Atyeo Stand is now open to supporters, with adult ticket prices starting from just £30."

£30 for the Atyeo is a disgrace.

BigO (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:59
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
youngone

It's a nice problem to have, but tricky for the club to manage without upsetting people.

Imagine if the club announces Atyeo tickets for £15 or £20.... they will risk hacking off a fair proportion of the 000's of people who've already paid £30+ to sit elsewhere, but may have preferred a cheaper option.

They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

It's nice to see the club making hay whilst the sun shines, for once.

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:16
I agree with BigO. It leads to the question of whether the South Stand is too pricey (& perhaps other areas) but it would be a problem to now have cheap seats in the Atyeo + I don't think we are costly to watch compared to the other Prem teams.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:18
Quote:
BigO
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
youngone

It's a nice problem to have, but tricky for the club to manage without upsetting people.

Imagine if the club announces Atyeo tickets for £15 or £20.... they will risk hacking off a fair proportion of the 000's of people who've already paid £30+ to sit elsewhere, but may have preferred a cheaper option.

They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

It's nice to see the club making hay whilst the sun shines, for once.

I hope the club ponders upon that approach if it is fighting the drop in front of 10,000 diehards and needs to get people through the turnstiles. The pricing throughout the stadium is shocking frankly.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:55
Quote:
Channel2
I hope the club ponders upon that approach if it is fighting the drop in front of 10,000 diehards and needs to get people through the turnstiles. The pricing throughout the stadium is shocking frankly.

This has to be a wind-up.

The club looks in good shape, certainly better prepared for the coming season than at the last promotion, and tickets are selling well for the first game. Pricing is comparable to other Premiership clubs & Bristol is a city where rugby support is strong. What exactly is shocking about getting the pricing about right?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net