rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Re: Barf Match
Olly (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:14
The Pricing is not shocking by any stretch of the imagination but Id agree some improvements could be made. Yes there are diehards and we need to convert many more to become the same. Everyone knows I hate empty seats. Id rather they were given away cheap to encourage growth in our support base than to sit empty making mo money and contributing nothing.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:19
What were the equivalent prices last season for Championship games?

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:55
Quote:
Olly
The Pricing is not shocking by any stretch of the imagination but Id agree some improvements could be made. Yes there are diehards and we need to convert many more to become the same. Everyone knows I hate empty seats. Id rather they were given away cheap to encourage growth in our support base than to sit empty making mo money and contributing nothing.

Olly no doubt you and I could afford 42 in the middle of the Dolman but thousands of Bristolians cannot. Unlike football I don't believe that Mr Lansdown has FFP to contend with and the club has a salary cap whether we get gates like Leicester or Sale.
To get the sort of gates Mr Lansdown dreams of with what is on paper a very moderate squad which will likely be fighting for its life, he should have made season cards and tickets much cheaper this time around particularly after the debacle last time.

Olly (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 14:11
I did say improvements could be made. I also said I hate empty seats. In other posts Ive said we should be offering those who do serve in the forces, NHS, police, FIrefighters and others should be given a discount. Those who do good should always be rewarded in my books. Ive also previously said that we should at least in the short term have cheaper tickets available to fill the empty seats and boost our support base. Get um in get in hooked and look at it again. Empty seats make no money look bad lower the atmosphere and discourage new supporters.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 14:37
Of course not everybody can afford the best seats, but I do believe it is possible to pay less than 42 for seats in other parts of the ground. Not everybody can afford Sky Sports either, does that mean to say that Sky pricing is shocking, just because there are people who can't afford it.

The prices seem pitched about right to me, high rate for those who want to pay for the best seats, and others more affordable too. I am still struggling to see how this is shocking.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 14:47
I've often found that those who say they cannot afford to buy tickets or pay for BTSport are somehow always able to find the cash to go and watch the game in a pub and sit drinking all afternoon. Presumably the landlord is content to let those guys come and do so for free

Whagwan (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 15:13
I know we have the cheapest season tickets in the Prem but does that also correspond to our ticket prices?

Channel2 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:50
Quote:
Standardprocedure
I've often found that those who say they cannot afford to buy tickets or pay for BTSport are somehow always able to find the cash to go and watch the game in a pub and sit drinking all afternoon. Presumably the landlord is content to let those guys come and do so for free

From what I see, plenty of people pay 30 - 40 to come into AG and spend the same amount on beer as if they had watching it in the pub.

I don't personally believe in concessions based upon profession, I just think Mr Lansdown could have sought to get thousands hooked by making the ticketing more attractive this time.

hooter (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 19:32
I for one think the price of my season ticket in the middle of the south stand is extremely good value compared to other prem clubs.

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 20:55
Quote:
Channel2
I just think Mr Lansdown could have sought to get thousands hooked by making the ticketing more attractive this time.

The game is heading towards a complete sell out. What more could he have done?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 21:10
Reducing ticket prices to get more people in simply doesn't work, which is why other clubs don't do it.

If you reduce a 23 ticket to 20, hardly anybody even notices, and it doesn't encourage thousands of people to flood in who otherwise wouldn't bother. If you reduce a 23 ticket to 10 & market it heavily, you simply devalue the game, and encourage a lot of people to turn up who are not Bristol supporters usually, and who probably won't come back if tickets are at or near full price, so what is the point of that?

Channel2 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 10:12
Quote:
Brizzlonian
Quote:
Channel2
I just think Mr Lansdown could have sought to get thousands hooked by making the ticketing more attractive this time.

The game is heading towards a complete sell out. What more could he have done?

Lets see how many rock up for games against Sale and Newcastle, Bath was always going to be different.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 10:14
In that case those are the kind of games to give deal on. As said earlier in the thread.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 11:06
Quote:
Peter_B
In that case those are the kind of games to give deal on. As said earlier in the thread.

Problem is people put off by price this time will assume same price for next time. Hard to get info out to people.

When you have a new product (and with lots of it/seats to sell) you normally price low to encourage demand so I'd have hoped the club would have done this (big stadium to fill) as it's new in sense of new again to Prem. But Monkey1 makes some good points (though one mate of mine not coming when told price) and decision on pricing is now made so think we need to move on. Starting to feel very positive about the new season and can't wait for 31 Aug!!

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:21
I really don't understand why people are insisting that prices should be lowered to fill the stadium? The club have maintained prices and are heading towards a sell out. What more should they have done?

Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:43
Quote:
hooter
I for one think the price of my season ticket in the middle of the south stand is extremely good value compared to other prem clubs.

Me too. No complaints what so ever!

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 14:02
Quote:
Brizzlonian
I really don't understand why people are insisting that prices should be lowered to fill the stadium? The club have maintained prices and are heading towards a sell out. What more should they have done?

I guess it should be our biggest crowd (All being equal) and so not a real test BUT thing is that these days there are no real hmm away teams who are not attractive options one way or another. It was asked earlier what will crowd be like for Sale or Newcastle but I can't wait to see Faff de Klerk and Ashton playing here for Sale and Newcastle are now a top 7 team and good to watch.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 10:28
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Brizzlonian

I guess it should be our biggest crowd (All being equal) and so not a real test BUT thing is that these days there are no real hmm away teams who are not attractive options one way or another. It was asked earlier what will crowd be like for Sale or Newcastle but I can't wait to see Faff de Klerk and Ashton playing here for Sale and Newcastle are now a top 7 team and good to watch.

Quite so Rich but the club doesn't have to sell itself to you.

I reckon a 12 - 14k gate versus Quins

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:22
24K sold so far it seems

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:35
If you're right Rich that's more than City had at their opening match (22k) amazing.
It certainly shows the potential if we have a winning side.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net