New sponsors & new shirt revealed
Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 08:32
Club announces new main sponsors and reveals final version of new shirt;

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Re: New sponsors & new shirt revealed
lukej1234 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 09:57
What's done is done, but is it just my eyes or is the red on the shirt a much brighter red than the maroon sort of colour that was suggested in the original rebrand documentation?

Olly (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 13:59
Like the sponsor, should’ve used a different truck.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 15:37
Great that it's the best deal we've ever had but it does show how far off the pace we are in terms of marketability. Bath have a global manufacturer, Sarries have a large insurance firm, Tigers a large national retailer, and we get a small local haulage firm in Pucklechurch.

hooter (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 16:06
Makes me wonder why we haven’t got a large local financial company as a major sponsor?

Olly (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 16:11
I was expecting Audi to be on the front. But we have to be successful before being able to attract the big bucks.

Allthetimeref (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 21:35
looking at the positive, at least it isn't Build a Bear

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 22:19
Quote:
lukej1234
What's done is done, but is it just my eyes or is the red on the shirt a much brighter red than the maroon sort of colour that was suggested in the original rebrand documentation?

Moan moan moan fecking moan!

BrisMark (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 06:00
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Quote:
lukej1234

Moan moan moan fecking moan!

And your point is BS?

Bristapo (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 08:01
You can't expect major sponsors like Audi etc to get involved until we survive this season. They wont spend that sort of dosh on a championship club. Also so what if it's only "A local truck company from Chucklepurch " Every little helps...good on them.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 08:47
I've got no qualms about who the sponsor is, I'm grateful that they are willing to put their support behind the club in such a way. It also fits with PL's vision of connecting with the community. If it had been, say, Audi or some other global company, you'd get people coming on here complaining about the lack of connection to Bristol.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 09:00
2 More shirt sponsors - Blackstar Solutions and Heat Recruitment. It looks like Thatchers is on the back too in another picture...

Have to say, I'm really starting to like the look of this shirt...(Sm128)

https://bristolsport.azureedge.net/media/29181/heat-web-story.jpg?width=1240&height=808&mode=crop

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/07/2018 09:01 by SparkyBris.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:14
Yeah, I actually really like the shirt.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:33
Full Kit: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37588609_10155429721487181_4613282273087717376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeH-tu-tRcnl75ag6tgGBx8PRpPDbotby5CapGCN4gr87mThktziGN6W-JXeXENpbKvdd4qhQ-qhP8tDR4F4H5jpHrJt1xcZ7f6Yk0_13qyXvQ&oh=3ca952cda14a77f8f45904cd8181c035&oe=5BE919AC

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:38
I can't help but think how much better it would look if the red was white. And not just because I remain deeply suspicious of the reason why the red increases season on season, but because it doesn't quite work in design terms

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:38
I didn't like the shirt initially, but seeing it "completed" it looks very very good.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:43
Personally, i dislike the design because I don't think blue and red look any good, but that's just me. I think most of our shirts over the last 5 years have been poorly designed when you compare most other club shirts on the market) If the red section was white, it would look a lot better (I think memnoch has said the same previously). But plenty of people do seem to like it, which is great for potential sales (if and when the club gets it's @r$€ in gear and actually puts more than a handful of things on sale).

I also dislike the fact that red has crept in incrementally over the years and will inevitably become our main colour. But having seen the management/owner drive a coach and horses through all other aspects of the club's heritage, at least it won't come as a surprise when it inevitably happens.

Olly (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:54
A bit of honesty from the club detailing their intentions regarding kit and colour would go a long way but for now we can only watch the red tide mark rising.

mitzy (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 11:59
Do what I and a lot of other polenta have done and buy your own blue and white hooped shirt. It's no good moaning it's done and it's going to get worse.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 12:08
Quote:
hooter
Makes me wonder why we haven’t got a large local financial company as a major sponsor?

We already have one in place without the title of sponsor. Maybe SL prefers "Owner"?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net