Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: New sponsors & new shirt revealed
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 12:41
Quote:
mitzy
Do what I and a lot of other polenta have done and buy your own blue and white hooped shirt. It's no good moaning it's done and it's going to get worse.

Remarkably industrious Polenta is. Write it off at your peril! (Sm102)

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 13:47
Quote:
SparkyBris
Quote:
mitzy
Do what I and a lot of other polenta have done and buy your own blue and white hooped shirt. It's no good moaning it's done and it's going to get worse.

Remarkably industrious Polenta is. Write it off at your peril! (Sm102)
Haha...Wish I had Photoshop handy right now.

APPLES (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 19:19
Like the kit...Looks good...More modern look to fit with our playing style

Seems to be getting a good reaction on social media too!

Shame that you probably won't be able to get it until 2 weeks into the season and you'll never see it in an actual shop outside of AG and it will almost be impossible to buy online.

I know PL talks about the culture of the club and all sections of the operation lining up with a world class vision. Let's be honest, the merchandise dept are in tribute somerset 3. The website store is appalling and its difficult to actually buy anything...There should be more stuff for sale on there than in the shop, its completely the wrong way around! Needs a big kick up the backside! It seems to always have been this way too!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 19:58
Really like that. Much better than previous years!

Field marshall (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 01:09
I really like it. I won't commit to buying one until I see the quality, the last one was a rag.

Furriner (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 09:32
Quote:
mitzy

Iím with Mitzy on this. A few seasons ago my sons and I designed our own ĎCímon Bris!í Tee shirts. Really good quality and theyíre still going strong. In addition I bought the Bris tee last season (blue and white hoops), which Iíll be wearing on Friday at Franklinís Gardens. Itís not so clever (exposed tees) when the cold weather closes in, of course.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 10:20
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
I can't help but think how much better it would look if the red was white. And not just because I remain deeply suspicious of the reason why the red increases season on season, but because it doesn't quite work in design terms

Even as a flat out Bristol City fan, I find the growing red influence on the shirts as suspicious. Lansdown doesn't give a stuff about tradition, and even a jazzed up Bears shirt doesn't need the red as GL says.
If City wore navy blue away then fair enough but I think we can all see where this is headed, and before i'm called a dinosaur, what would be the reaction do you suppose if Leicester gradually changed to blue black and white, or Bath to gold and black for example ?

BigO (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 16:08
Not sure how much Toogood have invested in their sponsorship (I'm guessing hundreds of grand?), but it might be a good idea to find a bit more money to build a working web presence which helps take advantage of the extra awareness they'll no doubt be getting, given they'll be on TV etc a fair bit.

[www.toogoodinternational.com]

Not a criticism, but it always staggers me how little thought goes into getting all the ducks lined up when some of these investments are made by 'smaller' organisations. Jones The Builders were equally as poor in that department.

You'd have thought someone on the commercial side at Bristol Sport would be giving these guys some advice about how to get the most of out their sponsorship investments. This sort of thing should be bread and butter.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 16:39
Quote:
BigO
Not sure how much Toogood have invested in their sponsorship (I'm guessing hundreds of grand?), but it might be a good idea to find a bit more money to build a working web presence which helps take advantage of the extra awareness they'll no doubt be getting, given they'll be on TV etc a fair bit.

Not a criticism, but it always staggers me how little thought goes into getting all the ducks lined up when some of these investments are made by 'smaller' organisations. Jones The Builders were equally as poor in that department.

You'd have thought someone on the commercial side at Bristol Sport would be giving these guys some advice about how to get the most of out their sponsorship investments. This sort of thing should be bread and butter.

Perhaps Bristol Sport could borrow this chap when he's having a lunch break..[www.bcfc.co.uk]

Peter D (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 17:55
Quote:
BigO

The club who, admittedly are somewhat given to hyperbole, have described it as, ďthe most substantial commercial agreement in the club's history.Ē Exactly what that means i couldn't say.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 22:36
given that the club is only 2 months old, that statement could mean much less than it implies

Peter D (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 22:38
Quote:
Standardprocedure
given that the club is only 2 months old, that statement could mean much less than it implies

It certainly could. Although elsewhere they are trying to convince us that the "new" club cares about Bristol's proud history.

Olly (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 23:49
They have no choice but to care about our history or at least convince us they do. Too many fans might walk away if they didnít.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

24 July, 2018 09:09
I think that woud've already happened with the re-brand, Olly. If there were people going to walk away, now would be the time. But BS have taken the calculated risk that fans will still go to support a Premiership team playing in Bristol under the name Bristol, irrespective of the change of logo, team name and colours. Can't see it happening with a football club, but thankfully that's because rugby followers tend to be a lot less tribal about their support and therefore, by and large, you don't get the problems with rugby that you do football.

Olly (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 11:17
Apparently some have walked away, some others havenít renewed long-standing season tickets. In reality, a small number was always going to be inevitable. Had all club history been lost or disrespected more would go. Also, it's the before and after match experience that desperately needed attention. Fans not spending time at the stadium and not feeling welcome . Much has been said that's it's cold and unwelcoming. Live music outside in the wind and rain nowhere to sit etc. That too is being addressed so I personally am looking forward to a whole new experience. It's taken a while to achieve but things are certainly going in the right direction in my opinion. much more to be done. Next priority has to be the merchandising department. so many months and still no kit in the shop?? We as supporters may sound like we moan a lot but in reality it's a customer driven business and it's the whole package we pay for.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 09:31
Now available to order. £60 - which is Ä5 less than the last prem shirt?

26 July, 2018 09:32
Not only that, but the away shirt has been 'revealed' as primarily white with black bits. It looks quite nice, and the black european kit is slick too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2018 09:43 by Standardprocedure.

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 09:54
They seem to have unwittingly unveiled Thatchers as a sponsor too

Peter D (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 11:01
I like the white and the black kits. I'm not keen on the red and blue kit. Still don't like the new logo, though.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 11:33
First time since we've moved I shall be buying more than one shirt... probably all three. Better half won't be happy but they're all so nice. Blue hoops instead of black on the away kit would have made it my favourite but that EU kit is something else. Gorgeous.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net