rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Getting the new brand on the streets.
Olly (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 12:33
Rebrand and what the club are they doing to get this club and it's new name (brand)out there on to the streets.
We hear lots of talk about involving the community but whilst that is good it is also, to be honest, on a rather small scale.
I've said before and I'll say it again why the club and or the rest of Bristol sport do not take advantage of some of the local festivals is beyond me.
Harbour festival 250,000 expected
Balloon festival 250,000 expected.
Weston air show and armed forces weekend. 200,000.
That's there quarters of a million people just for those three then theres events like the
Portishead soap box race maybe 10,000. Thornbury fare etc The list goes on and on. Bristol Rugby/ Bears call them what you will, attended How many shows and festivals ?
Interacted with how many people??
Took part in?
Sold how much kit? not that they had any to sell.
That is not good business. to my mind, that's a massive wasted opportunity.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Re: Getting the new brand on the streets.
LA Angel (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 19:06
They were at the Balloon Fiesta last year...

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

mat1 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 21:01
Would be good if they hadnt already run out of what limited stock they have ffs

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 00:48
To be honest, I would rather they spent their time training in preparation for this coming season.

Also, are there really 250,000 people expected to attend the Balloon fiesta and Harbour festival?

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 06:13
Yes. If the weather is good, then people come from all over the country. Personally, I avoid the balloon fiesta as Bedminster/Ashton/Hotwells becomes a giant car park.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 18:02
Agree with the first poster

You don't even need player involvement....just billboards are certain locations (temple Meads, Bristol Airport, etc) would be start.

The biggest thing though, the lack of kit. A gilt-edged opportunity to get hundreds of people being walking billboards, and the shop is still woefully understocked.

Olly (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 22:57
Exactly thousands of bear cubs shouldíve been wearing their shirts all summer.as well as some old grizzlies. The club havenít even had the excuse of being delayed due to the playoffs. Shocking in my opinion.
That said Iím liking the last two media releases. That is on the right track but we need more, much more. It take but a little thought to see where.
By the way that is not me being negative itís me wanting the club to
Wake up to whatís needed to push the bears forward.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 10:41
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Agree with the first poster
You don't even need player involvement....just billboards are certain locations (temple Meads, Bristol Airport, etc) would be start.

The biggest thing though, the lack of kit. A gilt-edged opportunity to get hundreds of people being walking billboards, and the shop is still woefully understocked.

I'm sure someone posted a huge billboard at Temple Meads when the rebrand was launched.

Olly (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 12:43
I believe that's true but it needs to be on ongoing process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net