rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Prem 7's squad...
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 17:46
Anyone there/watching on BT want to kindly give us some updates if possible?

Peter D (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 18:22
Bris 12 Sale 26 FT

One or two good moments but Sale comfortably the better side.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 18:39
Our Twitter isn't doing such a good job covering our games, according to Marsden we got in the right positions but failed to execute. That's all I know apart from Cullen getting a penalty try awarded in our favour.

How strong was the Sale side?

Peter D (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 18:45
Mostly young players. A bit more pace and better organized.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:03
Ioan Lloyd looked sharp, but generally our passing was a bit off, forcing the receiver to check or jump (plus a couple that went into touch)

27 July, 2018 19:07
And now 29-0 down at half time in the Quins game. Missing tackles, and they look knackered.

Peter D (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:07
Quins 29 Bris 0 HT

5 tries to Quins, Bris look really tired (and outclassed).

Peter D (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:16
Two tries each in second half. Much better from Bris. FT Quins 41 Bris 12

Quins probably the best team we've seen so far.

mat1 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 22:43
Tbh most premier team academy would be playing against us last season and ours would be playing for Clifton /dings so massively less experienced

Furriner (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 09:59
Ours must have been the youngest, least experienced squad in the tournament. I reckon the Sale result could’ve been different, except for Paolo Odugwu (fearsomely strong) destroying us. Against Quins we didn’t look as if we’d turned up, apart from the final couple of minutes.

Oh well, at least I got sun burned!

Peter D (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 16:18
Plate semi HT Glos 12 Bris 14 Cmon Bris

Jimeno (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 16:22
So far in this match..

'Cullen is the Daddy Bear I suppose'

and 'It seems he's had enough porridge...'

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2018 16:24 by Jimeno.

Peter D (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 16:30
Glos win 24 19. Weird end to game. Pathetic tackling by Bris see Glos player go over the line but run over the dead ball line before he touched down. Drop out long (why?) and Glos run it back and score - more poor tackling. Best performance though. With a bit of luck could have won that one.

28 July, 2018 18:20
Quote:
Jimeno
So far in this match..
'Cullen is the Daddy Bear I suppose'

and 'It seems he's had enough porridge...'

eye rolling smiley

Sadly, the next couple of years are going to involve a lot of banter from braying middle aged bores, that is either subpar or homophobic.

Sad really, as if the aim is to wind up Bristolians, there is much better material out there.

Peter D (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 20:28
We'd better get used to it (and ignore it). The club chose the stupid name so we'll all have to put up with it.

Rich. (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 21:46
Didn't see it but from my experience of playing and watching 7s some tackling can look very poor at the end but it's down to fattigue in many cases so hopefully (in a way) I hope that's the case with this

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 00:37
We made so many mistakes which gave the opposition ball to score tries. Quins game was a bit embarrassing to be honest but better display against Glos separated by a few poor tackles.

We had no one in the squad with out and out pace ala Odugwu which meant some breaks fizzled out due to us being caught and knocking on or being turned over. Good experience for some youngsters but the bar is high with other English prem youngsters and Bris need to raise their game in the academy if we want the 1st team to benefit in a few years.

robtheh (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 05:44
Quote:
Since 1888
...Good experience for some youngsters but the bar is high with other English prem youngsters and Bris need to raise their game in the academy if we want the 1st team to benefit in a few years.

Have thought this for a while: good shout.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net