rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Too Many Sponsors!!!
Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 19:31
As a staunch traditionalist I'd like to object to the large amount of sponsors appearing on out beloved kit! 'Toogood' emlazoned on the front of the shirt, 'Poplar Insulation' plastered on the back of the shirt, 'RedRock' taped on the collar, 'Blackstar' stitched on the sleeve, 'Heat Recruitment' stamped on the chest and 'BS3 Services' splashed on the shorts! What has happened to our beloved kit with all these advertisements? How have Bristol Rugby (now Bristol Bears) lowered themselves to accepting large sums of money to make our beloved kit look like a billboard? Damn you Bristol Bears! Damn you all to hell!

Re: Too Many Sponsors!!!
robtheh (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 20:28
Enough

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 20:53
What? I'm upholding the values of the true supporter? What's wrong with that?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 21:05
Thank god we're not Scarlets

https://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20161046/Scarlets-jersey.jpg

https://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20161404/Scarlets-jersey-back.jpg

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 21:05
Quote:
robtheh
Enough

(Also this)

NickBeard (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 22:01
That's approaching 20 brand names...

delthedoor (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 08:33
And without these sponsors we could fund a Premiership team how?

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 10:02
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
What? I'm upholding the values of the true supporter? What's wrong with that?

What's wrong is you yet again stirring and posting posts meant to annoy fellow Bristol fans. You have got your Bears so be grateful and, as far as I can see, almost all on here have shut up about that and just tried to carry on, but you seem keen to continue the nasty aspect of some of the threads when the Bears news broke. I'm not sure why. Maybe you are actually not a Bristol supporter at all?

The Wall thread Sums it up - attacking people for not commenting on what was very new news (so no-one even had a chance to post on it) and referring to people as B****D's. Assuming you are a Bris fan please reassess your contribution here. Are you adding any value? Are you encouragimg people to be part of the Bristol Bears family?

gaudi (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 10:30
Well itís obviously working , generating a lot moe media coverage which is exactly what the agent promoting this amount of coverage wants, contributors must be pleased

Sit_Down (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 14:34
Take chill pill, go on holiday and have think about what gets you riled up. I suppose you want letters back, move back to the Memorial Ground, go back to amateurism and still be an unsuccessful side. Well done you.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 14:40
I hadn't even thought about advertising until BS (how apt) brought the subject up.
Its a part of modern day sport which isn't really noticed.

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:01
Ha totally agree with most of the responses on here. Iím against the Bears thing but think the shirts look really good. Thereís so many awful shirts about these days (Quine away kit anyone? &#129326winking smiley, well done to Bristol for the shirt designers, very nice!

Olly (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:13
I don't think we have too many sponsors on the current shirts but that said I most definitely do not want to have as many as some. That is just overload and ruins the shirt.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

youngone (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 18:30
I do think that the major sponsor contributes significantly to the overall look of the shirt and for no good reason I'm not a fan of the look of the 'toogood' logo on the front but that's just me.

That being said I would say the amount of sponsors and the positioning of them are typical of a professional sports teams shirt so it doesn't bother me at all.

I think the away kit would have looked 100% better with navy instead of black and I think they've missed a trick there but still looks good. The euro kit does look pretty sexy and I'm quite indifferent to the red on the front of the home kit so overall.. I'm happy! but more importantly very optimistic for the season to come!!

Field marshall (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 19:50
I like the kits and don't think they are OTT with sponsors at all.

Paulie (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 05:42
I'm just hoping that having Toogood on the shirt doesn't turn out to be ironic and we aren't stranded at the bottom of the table after 8 games.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 09:10
Surely a long list of sponsors indicates a well supported team?

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 09:29
Well done Bristol-Supporter! Now crawl back into the cave where you can look at your ancestors wall drawings.

Seriously, the great majority of any club's supporters, be it rugby, football, cricket or tiddly winks, are quite conservative and don't like big changes all at once.

But the world we live in is constantly changing, and for too long, too many little rugby clubs have taken over our perch on the top branch of the tree.

I, for one, would dearly love to see both of my clubs leading the way, rather than being a laughing stock for villagers in Barff and Bournemouth. I yearn for the days to return, when Bris played the second XV against Barff and still won comfortably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Channel2 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
Well done Bristol-Supporter! Now crawl back into the cave where you can look at your ancestors wall drawings.
Seriously, the great majority of any club's supporters, be it rugby, football, cricket or tiddly winks, are quite conservative and don't like big changes all at once.

But the world we live in is constantly changing, and for too long, too many little rugby clubs have taken over our perch on the top branch of the tree.

I, for one, would dearly love to see both of my clubs leading the way, rather than being a laughing stock for villagers in Barff and Bournemouth. I yearn for the days to return, when Bris played the second XV against Barff and still won comfortably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautifully put !

tbr (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 09:55
Quote:
youngone
I do think that the major sponsor contributes significantly to the overall look of the shirt and for no good reason I'm not a fan of the look of the 'toogood' logo on the front but that's just me.
I agree. Although Jason Toogood can't help his surname (although it's probably helpful for his business and certainly memorable!) and I'm very thankful for his sponsorship of course... I'm a wee bit uncomfortable in a very embarrassed, British way, to have "TOOGOOD" written across my chest.
I"d be as equally a bit embarrassed to have Jason BetterThanThis' company sponsor us. Or Jason TheBestByFar. Or Jason NooneComesClose. Or Jason GoldenBalls.
That all said, at least the (obvious company name reference) "International" mitigates my discomfort somewhat. As does the lack of a space between Too and Good.
Anyway... You get the picture.

Quote:
youngone
That being said I would say the amount of sponsors and the positioning of them are typical of a professional sports teams shirt so it doesn't bother me at all.
I agree again.

Quote:
youngone
I think the away kit would have looked 100% better with navy instead of black and I think they've missed a trick there but still looks good.
I'm pushing on a wee bit so my eyes aren't perhaps what they once were... and at the risk of turning this into a black and gold/white and blue dress national disagreement... I'm seeing the colours of our new alternative kit as white and (dark) navy not black.
Am I seeing it differently to everyone else then?
Sure... our EURO kit is clearly black and white... but I'm still seeing our alternative kit as white and navy?
Am I going mad?

Quote:
youngone
The euro kit does look pretty sexy and I'm quite indifferent to the red on the front of the home kit so overall.. I'm happy! but more importantly very optimistic for the season to come!!
Mainly agree although I'd probably not use the word "sexy"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2018 10:01 by tbr.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net