rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Premiership Fullbacks
Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 10:03
Link below to an article by Rugby Inside Line about the players that each Premiership club has at fullback for the forthcoming season;

[rugbyinsidelineblog.wordpress.com]

Re: Premiership Fullbacks
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 12:18
Still saying that nonsense about CP, but whatever. We know how inaccurate RIL are.

youngone (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 12:33
Rinkadink - are you referring to him being the best paid player in the world as of joining us? I assumed that this was factual not that it bothers me. I know a lot of people on here reject that, is there some information on this that I am missing?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 13:30
The fact that everyone from the club says CP is not on the money that has been widely reported? Either we accept they are telling the truth or they are all lying. I think it is simple courtesy to accept what the club says at face value.

Rich. (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 14:28
That report doesn't mention how much he is on but just that he is highest paid player in world. Not sure club have denied that

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 15:28
Quote:
Rich.
That report doesn't mention how much he is on but just that he is highest paid player in world. Not sure club have denied that

Who went to France recently on silly money? Not a rhetorical question as I've forgotten. Was reportedly huge though.

youngone (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 12:33
Gray Lensmann i don't recall reading on any official statements what he is getting paid or whether or not he's the highest paid player in the world...

I mean i would expect it to be true if I'm honest, not that i really care at all. I was just wondering if there was a statement i missed or something as most people on here seem adamant that its not true

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 12:50
Quote:
youngone
Gray Lensmann i don't recall reading on any official statements what he is getting paid or whether or not he's the highest paid player in the world...
I mean i would expect it to be true if I'm honest, not that i really care at all. I was just wondering if there was a statement i missed or something as most people on here seem adamant that its not true

You've missed several; from the top of my head both Lam and Tainton have said its not the figure the media were quoting and it's less.

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:04
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
youngone

You've missed several; from the top of my head both Lam and Tainton have said its not the figure the media were quoting and it's less.

That's not the question being asked here. They've quite clearly denied he is being paid £1m a year, but have the club denied whether he is the highest paid player in the world?

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:05
Although, without being privy to other clubs accounts, not sure they would know the answer to that.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 19:17
Dan Carter was reportedly on 1.4 million in France, Giteau was probably around 1 million EU, there was that Japanese player I forget who got a million for one season plus Goosen?

[www.rugbypass.com]

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 19:18
Clearly CP is nowhere near the highest paid rugby player at present as the club have said the reports are untrue.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 20:47
Giteau is on £900K. Carter on £1.4M as is Goromaru. Finn Russell got a £1/4M CAR as a signing on fee alone from a french club. They'll also have far more significant win bonuses than Charlie so I'd say it's pretty bloody obvious that CP won't be the highest paid player in the world. He's coming from Ulster FFS, how much do you think he'll have been on there?
I quite like rugbyinsideline, you just have to realise that he's a major sensationalist. gets likes and views dunnit?

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 21:45
I remember it being a fairly weak denial by the club It said the reports were “inaccurate” but didn’t say how. The official statement from them also mentioned that they would be adhering to the salary cap. It’s obvious that CP will be a marquee player and fall outside of the cap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2018 21:46 by Pub Singer.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 21:52
Quote:
Pub Singer
I remember it being a fairly weak denial by the club It said the reports were “inaccurate” but didn’t say how. The official statement from them also mentioned that they would be adhering to the salary cap. It’s obvious that CP will be a marquee player and fall outside of the cap.
I don't think anyone has said CP is on peanuts and isn't a marquee signing, he's obviously on a decent amount but it's not ludicrous. The club did state it was lower, I think that may have come from Taints at the Q&A but may be mistaken. Either way the club have said this on multiple occasions both in the press and elsewhere. It's been put to bed.

Poor media outlets and social media are keeping the BS alive, sadly. Look at our signings, some decent wages for sure but nothing really out there. Pat has been quite astute and balanced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2018 21:55 by Rinkadink.

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 21:56
Quote:
Field marshall
Giteau is on £900K. Carter on £1.4M as is Goromaru. Finn Russell got a £1/4M CAR as a signing on fee alone from a french club. They'll also have far more significant win bonuses than Charlie so I'd say it's pretty bloody obvious that CP won't be the highest paid player in the world. He's coming from Ulster FFS, how much do you think he'll have been on there?
I quite like rugbyinsideline, you just have to realise that he's a major sensationalist. gets likes and views dunnit?

Carter’s contract is up. Russell is reported to be on £700k a year. CP was on about £500k at Ulster. How much do you think CP would want before signing for a club that had just been relegated to the Championship?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2018 21:57 by Pub Singer.

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 22:06
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Pub Singer
I don't think anyone has said CP is on peanuts and isn't a marquee signing, he's obviously on a decent amount but it's not ludicrous. The club did state it was lower, I think that may have come from Taints at the Q&A but may be mistaken. Either way the club have said this on multiple occasions both in the press and elsewhere. It's been put to bed.

Poor media outlets and social media are keeping the BS alive, sadly. Look at our signings, some decent wages for sure but nothing really out there. Pat has been quite astute and balanced.
I don’’t recall them confirming it was lower. Clubs don’t normally come out with clear statements on players’ salaries. Even if Taints did, it might just be £1k lower - it doesn’t tell us much.

We have no idea how astute and balanced Lam has been. We don’t know all the wages and we don’t know yet how the team will perform. Let’s wait to see how the season pans out first.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 22:09
Okay.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 20:45
Quote:
Carter’s contract is up. Russell is reported to be on £700k a year. CP was on about £500k at Ulster. How much do you think CP would want before signing for a club that had just been relegated to the Championship?
Suggesting double is preposterous, and denied by the club who I don't believe would flat out lie. I certainly trust them more than I do rumourmongers who are wrong as much as they are right.

AGS (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 10:16
One of the major reasons CP signed was so that he could play with his brother again before he retires. Signing SP was an astute bit of business

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net