rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Two ladies leaving the club.
Olly (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 12:05
Saf to hear that both Claire Molloy and Sydney Gregson will depart the club this summer. Always sad to see such good players depart the. My thanks, best wishes and every success in your future ventures.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Re: Two ladies leaving the club.
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 20:29
Any idea where they are going??

Rich. (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 22:30
Molloy has always been a stand-out player when I've watched Ireland play so big shame

Olly (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 00:25
[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

AGS (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 10:10
Isnt this the second season running that they've lost top class players to other premiership teams, with no movement in the other direction. Anyone know what's going on?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 12:01
Good luck to both and thank you.

Quote:
AGS
Isnt this the second season running that they've lost top class players to other premiership teams, with no movement in the other direction. Anyone know what's going on?

It is a worry that players and coaches cannot seem to be retained. Given they're currently playing at the top level and have strong links with the men's, including that great double header (more please Bristol Sport!). Maybe Bod will have some insights for us?

Bod (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:47
We have a great Centre of Excellence programme running for 16-18 year olds that covers the best and most aspirational players from Cornwall upwards. Filton College is also delivering great young players.
Weston College will also soon be part of the development programme I understand.

It's the envy of all the other Women's Prem sides as I understand it. The organic development of our own talent is key, and players moving gives the coaching team space to bring the youngsters in, and boy do we have some exciting young'uns coming through.

Prem Women's Rugby is increasingly for the younger athletes

Watch this space

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Furriner (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 23:13
To the uninitiated (me) that sounds like whistling in the dark. Surely we’re not gifting top flight players to our competitors as some weird version of succession planning?

So back to the original question: does anyone know what’s really going on?

Bod (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 20:05
Perchance Furriner ; Claire is off to London (God Bless her, to follow Nollie and develop her professional career, and Sydney is off chasing Wombats) I never like seeing any leave Bristol ever. BUT
If it means we free up squad space to give more game time to the Bristol aspirants fighting to come through and the other clubs stuff their squads with expectant senior players all with expectations of playing and entitlement of selection then I'm happy.
I personally don't worry too much about our Prem squad, my priority is feedstock into the 2s programmé. Get that right and the Rest seems to sort itself.
That's my experience after 7 seasons with Bristol Ladies anyway.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Rich. (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 08:20
The 2s programme?

Bod (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 16:06
Aye Rich, there is a parallel 2nd XV programme running across same clubs in Tyrrels Prem which for me is much more exciting and also allows for development of talent that RFU pathway hasn't initially identified.
It's good practice to keep 1st XV squad on their toes with strong selection challenges coming from the players in the 2s. No player has any devine right to a first team selection.
I think this is a good culture to nurture.

Rich. (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:25
Cheers Bod.

Bod (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:33
[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

All these youngsters started in 2s

Bod (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:39
[www.englandrugby.com]

Good result eh?

harry2 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 14:24
Is Brooke Bradley a Bristol Ladies player as listed on last nights team sheet, also the Canadian hooker was listed on their team sheet as a Bristol player

Bod (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:38
This is a significant Bristol Woman returning - if any of you need a reason to come and watch Bristol Bears Women then come and watch Sarah - she's a superstar!

Sarah Bern returns to Bristol Bears Women

(Sm152)

Olly (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 18:52
Where's the like button??
(Sm152)

Bod (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 12:53
This was the U20s team that beat USA on Tuesday 43-17

England Women U20s

15. Lagilagi Tuima (Bristol Bears Women / Exeter University)

14. Lilian Stoeger-Goddard (Bristol Bears Women / Plymouth Marjons University)

13. Phoebe Murray (Bristol Bears Women / Bristol University) ©

12. Lucy Attwood (Bristol Bears Women, Bristol University)

11. Abigail Dow (Wasps Ladies / Imperial College London)

10. Ellie Green (Harlequins Ladies, N/A)

9. Ella Wyrwas (Saracens Women, N/A)

1. Akina Gondwe (Worcester Valkyries /Worcester University)

2. Connie Powell (Gloucester-Hartpury Women / Hartpury College)

3. Ellie Mulhearn (Bristol Bears Women, N/A)

4. Rianna Manson (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks/ York St. John University)

5. Hollie Cunningham (Bristol Bears Women / Exeter University)

6. Cara Brincat (Worcester Valkyries / Worcester University)

7. Amelia Harper (Loughborough Lightning /Loughborough College)

8. Sarah Beckett (Firwood Waterloo Ladies, N/A)

Replacements

16. Leah Bartlett (Loughborough Lightning, Loughborough University)

17. Ellena Perry (Saracens Women / Coventry University)

18. Detysha Harper (Firwood Waterloo Ladies, N/A)

19. Rosie Galligan (Saracens Women / Loughborough University)

20. Charlie Wilcock (Worcester Valkyries, N/A)

21. Brooke Bradley (Bristol Bears Women / Exmouth Community College)

22. Victoria Laflin (Worcester Valkyries/ Worcester University)

23. Jessica Cooksey (Winscombe / Hartpury College)

Last fixture tomorrow v Canada again

Olly (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 13:09
Fantastic result Bod. Well done the ladies.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 13:28
Looks good for Bears Women doesn't it? Well done everyone involved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net