rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document
 

Current Page: 11 of 18
 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 15:56
Quote:
Whagwan
Hi Tom,
Suggestion here: How about getting some Bristol Bears facebook profile picture 'frames' out there?

I'm sure plenty would be happy to have their support on their profile picture, you could even change them up for special games etc...

Great shout - on the case with our marketing team.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
BrizzleJock (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 18:30
AG6 Bus Times

Hi @TomTainton, trying to make plans for the Quins game and there aren't any timings for the AG6, or even recognition, on the First Bus website. Just wondering when we can expect timings as trying to make plans and coordinate.

Cheers in advance!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 12:02
Quote:
BrizzleJock
AG6 Bus Times
Hi @TomTainton, trying to make plans for the Quins game and there aren't any timings for the AG6, or even recognition, on the First Bus website. Just wondering when we can expect timings as trying to make plans and coordinate.

Cheers in advance!

Have contacted First Bus and will release timings ASAP (probably tomorrow as part of our 'Getting to the Gate' feature.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Emersons (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 13:08
Tom,

During the build-up before play at Gloucester last week, I believe that crowd noise was supplemented with additional noise over the PA, creating quite an atmosphere. I do not think that this is done at Bristol and wondered what others thought and if this was something we could/should replicate.

Cheers

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Peter D (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 13:28
We did it briefly at the Memorial Ground. It's was horrible, as it was at Kingsholm. The Gloucester supporters must be losing their touch. The PA at Kingsholm was awful. Prefer what we have now, not least because most of the time it's inaudible.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2018 17:10 by Peter D.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 14:31
Seeing as this is suggested on two threads I'll give the same response here -
No no and thrice no!! Happened once in the Pearce era and was the most I've ever been embarrassed at a match (ditto those around me). There are still Glaws fans I know who take the 'micky' out of us even now over it.

All that will happen (apart from the embarrassment and Micky taking) is that it will make us all stop singing more quickly with the embarrassment of it. We are noisy enough anyway!!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Thorney (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:47
I agree with the last two posters. I also recall some bright spark trying this at the Mem when we played Glaws, and it just made the Bristol supporters around me cringe and the the Shedheads to guffaw. Trying to artificially create an an atmosphere never works.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Chris holi (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 08:25
Tom, I see Gloucester have just done a range of underwear with oddballs, would love to be able to get some Bears pants. It's also a very good charity.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris_rob (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 14:05
Great idea running the Women's 'double header' after the 'Quins match on Saturday. BUT…unfortunately we can't hang around to watch as we've got an AG3 to catch!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 16:32
Hi Tom
Looking at the seats sold for Quins this weekend I hope the concerns many had about ticket prices are not coming home to roost. No doubt we'll end up doing special deals and two for one tickets for other matches etc, but maybe different pricing may not have led to a need for that. Get people in, turn them into people who enjoy the matches and care about how the team do and they will then start to come more often and then, perhaps after a season or two, ticket prices can go up if needed and those people will be hooked and still attend. To some extent we are a new product on the block again and normally companies sell new products at a low price to encourage demand and sales.
But here's hoping there are mass sales (not give-aways) of tickets during the next few days.

Sorry if this seems negative. It's not meant to be for the sake of it - but it is a concern which perhaps needs highlighting. If sales don't pick up the club may need to make a quick decision to drop ticket prices for all games and, although that may seem unfair for ST holders (as their tickets won't be as much as a bargain as they appeared) I'm sure all ST holders would rather see bigger crowds and all the benefits that has. £42 for an adult for the middle of the Dolman? Hmmm not surprising perhaps that there are so many tickets free for there; especially when the forecast is wet and the (poor) impact that can often have on the game, that is a lot of money for people to shell out in the hope that what they watch will be worth £42 to them (forgetting travel costs and the cheaper entertainment alternatives there are). A big shame.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris_rob (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 17:43
Quote:
Rich.
Hi Tom
Looking at the seats sold for Quins this weekend I hope the concerns many had about ticket prices are not coming home to roost. No doubt we'll end up doing special deals and two for one tickets for other matches etc, but maybe different pricing may not have led to a need for that. Get people in, turn them into people who enjoy the matches and care about how the team do and they will then start to come more often and then, perhaps after a season or two, ticket prices can go up if needed and those people will be hooked and still attend. To some extent we are a new product on the block again and normally companies sell new products at a low price to encourage demand and sales.
But here's hoping there are mass sales (not give-aways) of tickets during the next few days.

Sorry if this seems negative. It's not meant to be for the sake of it - but it is a concern which perhaps needs highlighting. If sales don't pick up the club may need to make a quick decision to drop ticket prices for all games and, although that may seem unfair for ST holders (as their tickets won't be as much as a bargain as they appeared) I'm sure all ST holders would rather see bigger crowds and all the benefits that has. £42 for an adult for the middle of the Dolman? Hmmm not surprising perhaps that there are so many tickets free for there; especially when the forecast is wet and the (poor) impact that can often have on the game, that is a lot of money for people to shell out in the hope that what they watch will be worth £42 to them (forgetting travel costs and the cheaper entertainment alternatives there are). A big shame.
It’s Saturday fixture. The Club have convinced themselves that more attend on a Saturday - a day when a large section of Bristol supporters are either playing for, officiating or supporting their local Combination clubs.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 18:14
You may have a point Rob but as far as I know the club don't have important data (e.g. from survey) on who went to matches two seasons ago or last season and whether there are any times and days they normally can't attend and, if so why + or similar data on people who might well attend depending on certain factors.

I suspect there may be as many who will attend because it is a Saturday afternoon and not a Sunday but we're juat guessing here. Companies selling a product need to get data on present, past and potential future 'customers' and to date I don't believe the club has ever done that. Crazy but it's true

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris_rob (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 20:15
Quote:
Rich.
You may have a point Rob but as far as I know the club don't have important data (e.g. from survey) on who went to matches two seasons ago or last season and whether there are any times and days they normally can't attend and, if so why + or similar data on people who might well attend depending on certain factors.
I suspect there may be as many who will attend because it is a Saturday afternoon and not a Sunday but we're juat guessing here. Companies selling a product need to get data on present, past and potential future 'customers' and to date I don't believe the club has ever done that. Crazy but it's true
Rich, yes it is a bit of guesswork regarding the numbers of ‘casual’ supporters attending Fri, Sat or Sun fixtures - but what I do know for certain is that a large number of Bristol supporters are involved with their local Combination clubs on a Saturday.

Tom T has highlighted Bristol’s support for Combination clubs but in reality they are either ignoring a large cohort of supporters who would definitely boost the attendances figures on a Friday or Sunday, or they are in direct competition with the Combination clubs - many of whom are already struggling to field 2nd, 3rd or 4th teams due to dwindling player numbers.

Oh, there were also a few thousand Bath supporters at the first match - I don’t think Quins will bring anywhere near as many.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 06:23
So who turned up to games on Saturday when that was the day we always played?

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris_rob (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 10:36
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
So who turned up to games on Saturday when that was the day we always played?
Grey, we haven't played regularly on a Saturday since before the game went professional – over 20 years ago. In direct answer to your question: not many people turned up (with low average attendances of between 2k and 4k)

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Peter_B (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 17:22
The change to Sunday was during the Pearce era. 1st or 2nd season in the Premiership.



Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 17:41
Yes I don't think the Prem attendances on Saturdays back then were 2k - 4K. Maybe 4k - 7K with the odd 10K for Bath matches and 8K for Gloucester ones?

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Thorney (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:02
Quote:
bris_rob
Great idea running the Women's 'double header' after the 'Quins match on Saturday. BUT…unfortunately we can't hang around to watch as we've got an AG3 to catch!

Tom

It does rather undermine the double header concept when the last bus runs well before the end of the Women's match. This happened last year as well and myself when at least a dozen others who naively expected the last AG3 to be held to the end of the second game were left high and dry. It is not as though Wintersoke Road is well served by alternative buses either, and after trudging off to find an alternative route it took me well over an hour to get back to Horfield

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Beer1234 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:31
Tom,
Two questions, one I've asked before.

1 - How can we see our current rewards total?

2 - When will the app/Bristol Bears account be merged/aligned with Bristol Sport accounts?

It gets a bit confusing when you are logged in to the Bears site but buy a ticket and you need to log in again, and the accounts are different.

Thanks

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 18:30
Tom,

Great work dude. The only thing I can really give feedback on is why there isn't a Merchandise Table in the concourse?

Once in the the concourse, you have no access to the store, mental smiling smiley

Current Page: 11 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?