Current Page: 14 of 18

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 11:58
Quote:
TomTainton
Responding to a few points raised over the past week or so:
- Classic range is now available online and in store
- European kit sale info will be released later today (Friday, 12th)
- Cups - No age restriction on returns, max 10 cups per person for returns, additional staff on all return points

Hi Tom.
You haven’t really answered my question with no clarity.

Thanks

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:03
Can I add my frustration with the cup situation. We also have had people helping themselves to our cups which we have stored at our feet during the game. Also as we use the shuttle buses it is not exactly ideal to hang around waiting in the queue to return our cups.
Is there not another sort of cup that could be used that is biodegradable?
To be honest it is becoming an annoying factor now and our group will probably start to have our pre match drink in a local pub unless it changes. Appreciate why it’s being done but on an expensive day out it is doing nothing but causing hassle.

ursaring (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 20:09
The price of items in the club shop is astonishing. Without last years discount most items are 10.00 overpriced. Hoodie 50.00? really?

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 08:56
Hi Tom Been trying to buy Bears sweatshirt and polo shirt from club shop for weeks All I get is sold out. Surely (dare I say it with Christmas approaching) the shop should have ALL items in stock and replenished when sold out. Good job the shop is not a stand alone business, soon go bust.

Stevie_Wonder (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 15:51
Hi Tom,
I’m keen on getting my grandson a half season ticket as it comes with the free shirt, but they’ve been out of stock in age 4 for some time now. Are we going to get any back in stock? If not I’ll pay game by game as can’t see him coming to more than 3 or 4... the shirt if the main reason for the purchase...
Thanks

Bris (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 22:34
I greatly enjoyed tonight’s game but one thing disturbed me. Twice a Gloucester player was lying injured and we had the dance cam. I thought this was disrespectful. For the first injury a stretcher had been called, so there must have been a worry that it was serious; fortunately the stretcher wasn’t needed in the end. This is an innovation which seems to me to be in bad taste.

Brian

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 23:37
Hi Tom

I would really appreciate an explanation of why hundreds of supporters who had home-printed tickets for tonight's all-pay game v Gloucester were refused entry at the turn-stiles. It affected Bristol and Gloucester supporters.

We were made to queue for at least half an hour at the ticket office to be given substitute tickets. Not only did we miss the first 15 minutes of the game (and many would have missed a lot more), but no explanation had been given to the staff or stewards to pass on to us supporters.

It would have taken very little to have broadcast an explanation and apology at half time but, if this was done, I missed it.

I heard someone being told that an email had been sent out, but I receive regular emails from Bristol Bears and have not received one about a ticketing problem for this match, I received the "Everything You Need to Know" email. I would have thought that a warning that my ticket would not work would have been something I needed to know.

So, an explanation would be very much appreciated and an assurance that this is not going to be a recurring problem at all-pay matches.

Thank you

Redfieldman (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 07:47
Quote:
Bris
I greatly enjoyed tonight’s game but one thing disturbed me. Twice a Gloucester player was lying injured and we had the dance cam. I thought this was disrespectful. For the first injury a stretcher had been called, so there must have been a worry that it was serious; fortunately the stretcher wasn’t needed in the end. This is an innovation which seems to me to be in bad taste.
Brian
I agree. Luckily the cameraman doesn’t bother moving around much- I don’t think he likes it either!
The other thing that really wound me up last night was the number of times we had to stand up to let people in and out (ok we were at the end of a row which we certainly won’t be doing again).
I never thought I’d say this, but I might consider sitting in an alcohol free zone if we have one (?). Interesting to see they’re trialling it at the Principality this weekend.
Hats off to the Gloucester supporter who poured oil on troubled water when one of his mates fell all over an elderly Bris supporter and REALLY annoyed him!

Peter D (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:37
Quote:
Bris
Brian

+1

Olly (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:02
TomTom We did seem to have a lot of newbies with navigation issues at the ground on Friday. This might sound a bit of a simple cure but it could just help.
Tickets tell people which block, row and seat numbers they have and which turnstiles to enter by but there it ends. Newbies see signs on the stairs saying block 22 and off they go straight up the first set of steps they see not realising there are actually two ends to every block and therefore two entrances to each block hence people going up and down the stairs looking for seats that are often at the other end of the block. Can we not add to the signage either a simple A or B or (21A, 22cool smiley or even the relevant seat numbers for those stairs and have that on the ticket? Even simpler You could just allocate each set of stairs a letter and print on the ticket Enter via turnstiles 16-20 stairs B.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:37
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Whagwan
Hi Tom,
Suggestion here: How about getting some Bristol Bears facebook profile picture 'frames' out there?

I'm sure plenty would be happy to have their support on their profile picture, you could even change them up for special games etc...

Great shout - on the case with our marketing team.

Any news on these? A Bristol Bears/Movember (Given all of Bristol Sport is behind it) one would be really great...

Meerkats1970 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 07:44
Quote:
EverOptimistic
Hi Tom
I would really appreciate an explanation of why hundreds of supporters who had home-printed tickets for tonight's all-pay game v Gloucester were refused entry at the turn-stiles. It affected Bristol and Gloucester supporters.

We were made to queue for at least half an hour at the ticket office to be given substitute tickets. Not only did we miss the first 15 minutes of the game (and many would have missed a lot more), but no explanation had been given to the staff or stewards to pass on to us supporters.

It would have taken very little to have broadcast an explanation and apology at half time but, if this was done, I missed it.

I heard someone being told that an email had been sent out, but I receive regular emails from Bristol Bears and have not received one about a ticketing problem for this match, I received the "Everything You Need to Know" email. I would have thought that a warning that my ticket would not work would have been something I needed to know.

So, an explanation would be very much appreciated and an assurance that this is not going to be a recurring problem at all-pay matches.

Thank you

I'd be using much stronger language than this and I'd send a request in for a refund for the minutes missed. We got there luckily as the first ball was kicked but it seemed that people were still getting to seat some 30 minutes in.

Why did they close the Dolman?, killed the atmosphere for me

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 10:14
Noticed that Tom Tainton hasn't posted in this thread for almost a month... hope you guys get a response. Vastly different to the start of the season.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:01
Quote:
EverOptimistic
Hi Tom

Thank you

Thank you for your polite and detailed feedback. We take this situation very seriously and, following an internal review, we have issued the statement below:

The club is aware of the ticketing issues experienced by some supporters prior to kick-off on Friday evening.

We would like to take this opportunity to provide clarity around the issue that occurred ahead of the Premiership Rugby Cup fixture.

Between September 17th 2018 and October 24th 2018, tickets with the incorrect branding were sold. When this error was discovered, new e-tickets were issued to every individual that had purchased in that period with an email stating that the original tickets were now invalid. However, some supporters understandably arrived at the stadium with their original e-ticket and could not gain access through the turnstile entry.

As a result, any other supporters who attended may have been affected by longer queues at the turnstiles.

Managing director Mark Kelly said: “We apologise to those supporters from both Bristol and Gloucester who were affected on Friday evening.

“We’ve worked extremely hard to create a matchday experience that everybody who visits Ashton Gate can be proud of and it’s vital that we keep striving to improve our service.

“We have compiled feedback from a number of sources and a full internal review has taken place with protocols put in place to ensure this one-off incident doesn’t occur again in future.”

All supporters who purchased tickets online will also receive a personalised apology and explanation.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:03
Quote:
Bris
Brian

It is never our intention for the dance cam to be in any way disrespectful to opposition players or a distraction from the game.

It is used purely in periods when there is a lengthy break in play. I can feed back to the team to consider when we use the dance cam but, overall, it has been received very positively as we've seen from the reaction of supporters on matchday when it is utilised.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:07
Quote:
ursaring
The price of items in the club shop is astonishing. Without last years discount most items are 10.00 overpriced. Hoodie 50.00? really?

Hi Ursaring, I suggest you contact the store with your feedback: shop@bristol-sport.co.uk.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Albertfromla
Hi Tom Been trying to buy Bears sweatshirt and polo shirt from club shop for weeks All I get is sold out. Surely (dare I say it with Christmas approaching) the shop should have ALL items in stock and replenished when sold out. Good job the shop is not a stand alone business, soon go bust.

Hi Albert, try shop@bristol-sport.co.uk for any merchandising specific questions.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:09
Quote:
Stevie_Wonder
Hi Tom,
I’m keen on getting my grandson a half season ticket as it comes with the free shirt, but they’ve been out of stock in age 4 for some time now. Are we going to get any back in stock? If not I’ll pay game by game as can’t see him coming to more than 3 or 4... the shirt if the main reason for the purchase...
Thanks

Hi Stevie_Wonder, your best bet is to speak to the guys in store with any merchandising specific questions.

shop@bristol-sport.co.uk.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:10
Quote:
Redfieldman
Quote:
Bris
Brian
I agree. Luckily the cameraman doesn’t bother moving around much- I don’t think he likes it either!
The other thing that really wound me up last night was the number of times we had to stand up to let people in and out (ok we were at the end of a row which we certainly won’t be doing again).
I never thought I’d say this, but I might consider sitting in an alcohol free zone if we have one (?). Interesting to see they’re trialling it at the Principality this weekend.
Hats off to the Gloucester supporter who poured oil on troubled water when one of his mates fell all over an elderly Bris supporter and REALLY annoyed him!

We don't currently have an alcohol free zone but it's something that can be discussed ahead of ticketing plans for the 2019/20 season.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 16:11
Quote:
Olly
TomTom We did seem to have a lot of newbies with navigation issues at the ground on Friday. This might sound a bit of a simple cure but it could just help.
Tickets tell people which block, row and seat numbers they have and which turnstiles to enter by but there it ends. Newbies see signs on the stairs saying block 22 and off they go straight up the first set of steps they see not realising there are actually two ends to every block and therefore two entrances to each block hence people going up and down the stairs looking for seats that are often at the other end of the block. Can we not add to the signage either a simple A or B or (21A, 22cool smiley or even the relevant seat numbers for those stairs and have that on the ticket? Even simpler You could just allocate each set of stairs a letter and print on the ticket Enter via turnstiles 16-20 stairs B.

This has been fed back to the facilities team at Ashton Gate Stadium.

Current Page: 14 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net