rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 1 of 14
Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 08:25
Hi all,

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Tom - the head of media & communications of the club.

My colleagues and I in the communications team monitor this forum on a daily basis and often feed back views and discussion points to senior management at the club and stadium.

Please use this thread throughout the coming season to post any questions you have, or issues that arise during the campaign. I will endeavour to respond at least once every 24 hours.

Thank you for your continued support and enjoy the season ahead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 09:14 by SenorJuan.

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 08:35
Whoever is running the twitter feed - tell them to keep up the good work!

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 08:37
Thanks Tom. Good initiative.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:23
Tom, I'm not quite sure if this is your remit but I'll ask anyway:

Bris have announced that First Bus will be running AG2 from Brislington P&R but it does not show on FB's website?

Is it still on and where can I find a timetable?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:57
This is fantastic, thank you.

Also Twitter team are doing great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 09:59 by Rinkadink.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:02
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
Bris have announced that First Bus will be running AG2 from Brislington P&R but it does not show on FB's website?

Yes, this is correct. We will publish timetables specifically for Friday night nearer to Bath fixture, but for reference, overview for timings for the AG2 service on Saturday/Sunday are:

First departure: 1245pm
Last departure: 1425pm
Frequency: every 20 minutes
Journey time: 20 minutes
Direct service
Drop-Off: Winterstoke Road entrance, Ashton Gate
Post-match departure: Winterstoke Road entrance, Ashton Gate
Parking: Free

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:14
Over the moon that this will now run for Rugby as it does for football. It's so handy to use on a matchday

Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Hercules Spoons

Yes, this is correct. We will publish timetables specifically for Friday night nearer to Bath fixture, but for reference, overview for timings for the AG2 service on Saturday/Sunday are:

First departure: 1245pm
Last departure: 1425pm
Frequency: every 20 minutes
Journey time: 20 minutes
Direct service
Drop-Off: Winterstoke Road entrance, Ashton Gate
Post-match departure: Winterstoke Road entrance, Ashton Gate
Parking: Free

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:18
Tom just one comment - would you like to be more specific about what feedback you want posted on this thread, as it could be interpreted that any post on any thread on this site is something that posters would like fed back to management! - so for example are you principally talking here about matters of communication marketing, advertising?

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:30
Quote:
Rich.
Tom just one comment - would you like to be more specific about what feedback you want posted on this thread, as it could be interpreted that any post on any thread on this site is something that posters would like fed back to management! - so for example are you principally talking here about matters of communication marketing, advertising?

Thanks Rich. I'm happy to listen to feedback pertaining to any part of the club.

For instance, if it's stadium related, I can speak to the appropriate person and come back to you guys with a response, same for Academy/first team/ticketing etc.

Definitely not restricted to just comms/marketing. We're really keen to be as transparent as possible and hopefully opening these dialogue channels might remove some of the concerns that are occasionally raised on here.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:11
Great stuff Tom, much appreciated. It may be the bleeding obvious, but presumably there's always work being done to address the constant problem of waiting times for food and drink on the concourses, especially for the well attended games?

BigO (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:51
It would be good to see more coverage of the new players - interviews etc.

It always takes me half a season to recognise half of the faces on the pitch, and then it all changes again for the next season.

Doing a few more videos - e.g. how they are settling in, what makes them tick etc - would help us understand a bit more about them as people, and would help people like me put a face to a name.

I'm not just thinking about the Afoa's and the Piutau's, which I guess we already know a bit about.... but some of the up and coming lads too.

Olly (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:07
Always thought this forum would be monitored Tom let’s hope this signals a new desire by The club to improve communications with and the involvement of the supporters who whilst not always agreeing all share a common goal, that being to improve everything Bristol.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Bristol rugby lad (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:08
Hi tom,

Could you tell me when the 3rd european kit will be made available to pre order? Btw massive fan for all kits this season.

Olly (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:20
Tom here’s a suggestion. Is it not practical to start the Henbury bus route via the Mall? All that free parking has to be of benefit if we could reach agreement with the owners. Those who don’t want to watch rugby can shop whilst the sensible people can hope on a bus to the Gate. It has to be a gain for both parties. Also make it easier for away supporters too being easy parking just off the motorway.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:44
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.

Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

Seedub (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 15:37
Hmmm. Where to start????? Cheers Tom

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:14
Quote:
Standardprocedure
Great stuff Tom, much appreciated. It may be the bleeding obvious, but presumably there's always work being done to address the constant problem of waiting times for food and drink on the concourses, especially for the well attended games?

Yes, it's been raised and the stadium will be significantly staffed for matchdays. We've also updated our matchday offering:

Inside the Lansdown Stand concourse, we launch the ‘Pint & Whistle’ bar in conjunction with Butcombe.

Also in the Lansdown Stand, premium burgers and beers at the ‘Bear & Robins’ bar.

In the South Stand, Chunk Pies open a pie and mash concessions stand.

In the fan village, we’ll also be welcoming a fish and chip shop, churros and barista coffee and a creperie to Ashton Gate.

The fan village will also include a champagne and prosecco bar.

As part of our commitment to environmental practice, we will produce branded plastic cups. These will include a return of the popular two-pint plastic cups.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:15
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

Hi Alex, thanks for the question - always enjoy reading your posts on here.

I've asked the store manager to send the full list of stock that will be available and I'll post it in here once received.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:17
Quote:
BigO
It would be good to see more coverage of the new players - interviews etc.
It always takes me half a season to recognise half of the faces on the pitch, and then it all changes again for the next season.

Doing a few more videos - e.g. how they are settling in, what makes them tick etc - would help us understand a bit more about them as people, and would help people like me put a face to a name.

I'm not just thinking about the Afoa's and the Piutau's, which I guess we already know a bit about.... but some of the up and coming lads too.

Thanks for the feedback. This is noted and I'll revert back to the comms team.

Follow us on instagram (@bristolbearsrfc) where we often do takeovers by the players on our story. It's a great way to get an insight into the relationships and the personalities of the guys.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:18
Quote:
Bristol rugby lad
Hi tom,
Could you tell me when the 3rd european kit will be made available to pre order? Btw massive fan for all kits this season.

They're great, aren't they!

European kit will be available for pre-order around mid/late September. I'll come back with exact dates when confirmed.

Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net