Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 10 of 15

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:32
Quote:
Fatkatz
Hi Tom - just been in the shop and it’s buzzing. Couple of points 1) if shirts are replicas why no Premiership Tag? 2) was it really too difficult to have fixture cards available in the shop to save a crush/unnecessary queuing later?

Shirts arrive without Premiership sleeve patch and would need to be manually pressed on by the team. The jerseys are direct replicas of what the team wear, but PRL only send us a limited number of sleeve patches so we wouldn't have enough to press onto every single replica shirt.

Fixture cards are available for collection, for free, from the store and were on Friday 31st?

tbr (IP Logged)
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

Stock list for club store:

Kit:

Home Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

Away Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

European Kit – September time

Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Soft Shell Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

Windproof (Gortex type) Jacket - TBC

TRG Joggers - In Stock

TRG Woven Short - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September

Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Dressing Gown - TBC

Women’s Casual polo - TBC

Women’s Casual Zip Thru - TBC

Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC

Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Players Back Pack - In Stock

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Mug (Was in stock)- More Any Day Now

Freezer Beer Tankard - TBC

Lighter (Zippo Style) In Stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Tie, Hankie, Cufflink Set - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Scarves x 2 Design - Next 3 weeks

Gloves - TBC

Hats and Caps - End of November

Rugby Balls – Gilbert - Awaiting Gilbert

Re-usable shopper - In Stock

Greeting Cards – Various - 3 Weeks’ Time

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.

Thanks Tom.
Any idea when the stuff "in stock" (in the club shop I presume) will be for sale from the online store?
Just a vest or two online right now...

Will confirm with stadium retail team and come back to you ASAP.

Any word on this from the stadium retail team please Tom, nearly three weeks on and approaching our second match of the season now.

Many thanks.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Rinkadink
Hi again Tom, is our club YouTube channel getting any of the recent videos uploaded to Twitter? I normally go on the Bears' YT channel but it's not been updated anywhere near as much as Twitter and I guess Facebook as well. Things like the previous questions/answers game and post match interviews with coaches and players haven't made it on there whereas they have on other platforms. Is there any reason for this?
I find YouTube easier because I get an instant update which I do not on the others, higher quality video streaming (Twitter video codec is very buggy on mobile) and don't have to wade through Twitter's mire of suggested content. Would be really good to have parity across all Bears accounts.

No problem - is there an example of a video that you've missed on YT that has been on social channels?

I can check back, but the team upload our content across all our platforms simultaneously, so just want to check what I've missed.

In terms of post-match I/Vs, during pre-season we publish live on twitter or facebook, and then embed into the site web story, hence why not featuring on YT.

All pre-match and post-match once competitive season begins runs on YT as usual.

Q&As, I'm not sure what you're referencing, but let me know and I'll go back and check we haven't missed anything.

These are some of the videos not on YT;

[mobile.twitter.com]

[mobile.twitter.com]

There are a few more as well, Sheedy at the Balloon Fiesta if I recall correctly, etc.

I understand your confusion about the previous questions/answers thing, as it was done with Premiership Rugby then retweeted by our Twitter. Apologies! Link below for that...

[mobile.twitter.com]

Would be nice to have some more stuff with the players as some have said earlier in the thread, I have suggested content from YouTube for Wasps and Saints player interviews but not ours. We also had the selected team news for upcoming matches on there, plus pre-match stuff with players and staff, will that be returning?

Should be back to normal now we are into the regular routine of the season. Any problems with this or items of content you're not getting, let me know.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:33
Quote:
Beer1234
Tom,
I know there are more pressing things to worry about but when things die down, how do you link your existing supporter ID with your Bristol Bears App account?

Sorry for late reply on this, will find out from digital team and report back.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 20:14
Tom the Bath game was a great night and appreciate all the effort you're going to with this thread etc. This is very very minor but it's a feedback thread... Dance cam was cringeworthy.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 20:52
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Beer1234
Tom,
I know there are more pressing things to worry about but when things die down, how do you link your existing supporter ID with your Bristol Bears App account?

Thanks and no problem but sadly there are plenty more important issues with the app than that. I was very unimpressed with it.
I kept waiting for the team to appear in the Match Centre lineup but they never did just the "Lineups not yet announced. Check back nearer the game", and then to make things worse whilst the game was still going on the match centre had updated to the Sarries game, what?

There are also still no results available in the app.

I'd have words with the testers!

expectingrain (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 06:18
Have to agree with JamboBris re the Dance Cam. Not a good idea

Rich. (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 08:00
Tom - Oh dear who at the club is responsible for this PR disaster and please may it never happen again!!! (Hope the link works)
[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2018 08:01 by Rich..

Peter_B (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 09:01
+1 re the twitter mistake.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

NearAshtonGate (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 09:01
Hi Tom - Well done on Friday! A small bit of feedback around the players Q&A sessions afterwards with Downsey. You could hear Downsey's Qs but unfortunately not the players' As which was a shame. Maybe the mics are different? Keep up the good work.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 14:04
Quote:
JamboBris
Tom the Bath game was a great night and appreciate all the effort you're going to with this thread etc. This is very very minor but it's a feedback thread... Dance cam was cringeworthy.

Appreciate your feedback, this is something we will be refining following the first trial at Bath.

It'll be here to stay, though. We've had positive feedback on appealing to a new audience through themed matchday music, big screen engagement, pre-match build p with Downsy on screens in fan village etc.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 14:05
Quote:
Beer1234
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Beer1234
Tom,

Thanks and no problem but sadly there are plenty more important issues with the app than that. I was very unimpressed with it.
I kept waiting for the team to appear in the Match Centre lineup but they never did just the "Lineups not yet announced. Check back nearer the game", and then to make things worse whilst the game was still going on the match centre had updated to the Sarries game, what?

There are also still no results available in the app.

I'd have words with the testers!

Can you please email me on ttainton@bristolbearsrugby.com and then I can direct you to the appropriate person to deal with this request. Agree - that absolutely shoudn't be happening!

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 14:05
Quote:
NearAshtonGate
Hi Tom - Well done on Friday! A small bit of feedback around the players Q&A sessions afterwards with Downsey. You could hear Downsey's Qs but unfortunately not the players' As which was a shame. Maybe the mics are different? Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comment - we are testing PA and mics in clubhouse. This will be sorted in time for Harlequins.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 14:06
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

Kit:

Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

TRG Joggers - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Dressing Gown - TBC

Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC

Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Gloves - TBC

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.

Thanks Tom.
Any idea when the stuff "in stock" (in the club shop I presume) will be for sale from the online store?

Any word on this from the stadium retail team please Tom, nearly three weeks on and approaching our second match of the season now.

Many thanks.

Drop me an email on ttainton@bristolbearsrugby.com and I'll put you in touch with the store so you can ask on lead times regarding specific items.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 16:17
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
JamboBris

Appreciate your feedback, this is something we will be refining following the first trial at Bath.

It'll be here to stay, though. We've had positive feedback on appealing to a new audience through themed matchday music, big screen engagement, pre-match build p with Downsy on screens in fan village etc.
I think for the most part the new things worked and were clearly enjoyed by many. Agree that some refinement is needed but that's to be expected.

Well done Bristol Bears.

Colonel1960 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 17:36
Hi Tom

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, is there any chance we can see Daz back at AG for pre and post match entertainment please

tbr (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 18:57
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville

Kit:

Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

TRG Joggers - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Dressing Gown - TBC

Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC

Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Gloves - TBC

Thanks Tom.

Many thanks.

Drop me an email on ttainton@bristolbearsrugby.com and I'll put you in touch with the store so you can ask on lead times regarding specific items.

Done. Thanks.

Chris holi (IP Logged)
07 September, 2018 15:33
Quote:
expectingrain
Have to agree with JamboBris re the Dance Cam. Not a good idea

How about Pasty Cam?

Whagwan (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 07:34
Hi Tom,

Suggestion here: How about getting some Bristol Bears facebook profile picture 'frames' out there?

I'm sure plenty would be happy to have their support on their profile picture, you could even change them up for special games etc...

TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 15:56
Quote:
Colonel1960
Hi Tom
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, is there any chance we can see Daz back at AG for pre and post match entertainment please

Yes, Daz is on the list of entertainment contacts, so if he's willing to accept the fees that the club offer for matchday entertainment, it's certainly something we'd consider.

Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net