rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 12 of 14

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
memnoch (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 19:57
Tom, one sad let down on a great day today. After watching our glorious win over Quins, I walked round to the Lansdown to watch the Ladies.
At half time in their match I went to the shop to buy some bears merchandise only to be refused entry as they were shutting.
I queried this to be told that the shop shuts at 5 and that they were only still there due to the numbers inside. I pointed out that there was a match still going on to be told tough we shut at 5.

I turned around somewhat dismayed to see a queue of 10 people behind me, all who received the same answer.

Not a massive loss to Bristol sport I suppose, but Probably around £4- £500 of merchandise that was not sold due to this.

Perhaps the shop could stay open after the games have finished on match days, particularly when tonight's game did not finish until 5 and there was a 2nd game?

bris_rob (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 07:59
Tom, re the 'Wave cam' (or whatever it's called).

I know some people like to see themselves on the big screen but can we please make sure the deafening music that accompanies it doesn't continue when the referee is trying to set a scrum – as happened yesterday. Some people have come to play a rugby match and some to watch it.

Thank you smiling smiley

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:41
Quote:
bris_rob
I know some people like to see themselves on the big screen but can we please make sure the deafening music that accompanies it doesn't continue when the referee is trying to set a scrum – as happened yesterday. Some people have come to play a rugby match and some to watch it.

Thank you smiling smiley

Thanks for the feedback.

We're really pleased with wave cam and how the supporters are responding to it. It's harmless fun during lengthy breaks in play.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:42
Quote:
memnoch
Tom, one sad let down on a great day today. After watching our glorious win over Quins, I walked round to the Lansdown to watch the Ladies.
At half time in their match I went to the shop to buy some bears merchandise only to be refused entry as they were shutting.
I queried this to be told that the shop shuts at 5 and that they were only still there due to the numbers inside. I pointed out that there was a match still going on to be told tough we shut at 5.

I turned around somewhat dismayed to see a queue of 10 people behind me, all who received the same answer.

Not a massive loss to Bristol sport I suppose, but Probably around £4- £500 of merchandise that was not sold due to this.

Perhaps the shop could stay open after the games have finished on match days, particularly when tonight's game did not finish until 5 and there was a 2nd game?

Paul - thanks for raising this and you're right, it shouldn't have happened. Will speak to the store manager and ensure this isn't the case moving forward.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:42
Quote:
CF_Doom
Tom,
Great work dude. The only thing I can really give feedback on is why there isn't a Merchandise Table in the concourse?

Once in the the concourse, you have no access to the store, mental smiling smiley

Good observation, very valid point and will raise it with store manager.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Beer1234
Tom,
Two questions, one I've asked before.

1 - How can we see our current rewards total?

2 - When will the app/Bristol Bears account be merged/aligned with Bristol Sport accounts?

It gets a bit confusing when you are logged in to the Bears site but buy a ticket and you need to log in again, and the accounts are different.

Thanks

Please email me on ttainton@bristolbearsrugby.com and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate person.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:45
Quote:
Rich.
You may have a point Rob but as far as I know the club don't have important data (e.g. from survey) on who went to matches two seasons ago or last season and whether there are any times and days they normally can't attend and, if so why + or similar data on people who might well attend depending on certain factors.
I suspect there may be as many who will attend because it is a Saturday afternoon and not a Sunday but we're juat guessing here. Companies selling a product need to get data on present, past and potential future 'customers' and to date I don't believe the club has ever done that. Crazy but it's true

This is incorrect, Rich. The club has a CRM team dedicated to studying supporter behaviour, purchasing trends etc. That data is central to decisions the club and stadium make with regards to fixture dates, kick-off times and projected revenues.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:48
Quote:
Rich.
Hi Tom
Looking at the seats sold for Quins this weekend I hope the concerns many had about ticket prices are not coming home to roost. No doubt we'll end up doing special deals and two for one tickets for other matches etc, but maybe different pricing may not have led to a need for that. Get people in, turn them into people who enjoy the matches and care about how the team do and they will then start to come more often and then, perhaps after a season or two, ticket prices can go up if needed and those people will be hooked and still attend. To some extent we are a new product on the block again and normally companies sell new products at a low price to encourage demand and sales.
But here's hoping there are mass sales (not give-aways) of tickets during the next few days.

Sorry if this seems negative. It's not meant to be for the sake of it - but it is a concern which perhaps needs highlighting. If sales don't pick up the club may need to make a quick decision to drop ticket prices for all games and, although that may seem unfair for ST holders (as their tickets won't be as much as a bargain as they appeared) I'm sure all ST holders would rather see bigger crowds and all the benefits that has. £42 for an adult for the middle of the Dolman? Hmmm not surprising perhaps that there are so many tickets free for there; especially when the forecast is wet and the (poor) impact that can often have on the game, that is a lot of money for people to shell out in the hope that what they watch will be worth £42 to them (forgetting travel costs and the cheaper entertainment alternatives there are). A big shame.

Rich, Bristol Bears offer one of the cheapest matchday tickets in the Premiership and the cheapest season card package. You've picked the central Dolman as your example, which - along with the central Lansdown, are our most expensive tickets.

The South Stand is our best value option and a membership equates to further discounts.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 14:43
Quote:
bris_rob

Thank you smiling smiley

This so much. Should never be played whilst the game clock is counting down and it was on multiple occasions, but the cam itself is fine. Also the music was much better the previous time, any chance of some more local preferences and/or artists?

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
bris_rob

Thank you smiling smiley

This so much. Should never be played whilst the game clock is counting down and it was on multiple occasions, but the cam itself is fine. Also the music was much better the previous time, any chance of some more local preferences and/or artists?

+1 Awful and disrespectful

Rich. (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:31
Thanks for your relies Tom.

Good to know we have this CRM team and you will know what they do far better than me of course but do they really know the answers to the key questions here of: (a) how many club players came to every or some matches last year or (b) how many people of the city and area who have not come regularly before will now come because we play more on Saturday afternoon??? Incidentally I do think Saturday afternoon is better for the club than Sundays but that is my gut feel.

As for price, many (I suspect most - including me) prefer to watch a match from the side of the pitch and would be reluctant to watch from the end where the further half seems far far away and it is hard to judge distance and speed. So prices for side tickets are very relevant as I suspect many will not usually consider getting a ticket for the South Stand (my friends and I are in this camp).

That said the £27 tickets for the sides of Dolman for the Saints match are pretty good value. looking at the South stand prices as well am I right in saying that the prices are cheaper in the south stand and side Dolman than they were for the Bath match? If so will everyone who bought tickets for the Bath match realise that they are cheaper this time?

IMO we should be offering THE cheapest tickets. We are, as said, a new product to some extent (being the newly promoted team) and have a big stadium to fill. We need to encourage people to come and price is a big factor. Once people become fans they are willing to pay more if they can but we need more regular fans and IMO the price is too much. But we shall see what we get for this Saturday - good forecast and the team showing the Bath result was no fluke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2018 17:47 by Rich..

Steve34 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 21:56
Hi Tom,

Just a couple of points following Saturdays game;

Not sure what happened to the AG3 service, I waited for the best part of an hour at Neville Road before one turned up, and it was rammed. Friends on the bus said the queue opposite the Welly was huge at 1pm too.

The regular services through Gloucester Road seemed to be running normally so traffic issues can’t be to blame. Can you get any kind of assurance from First Bus that buses will run to schedule, traffic permitting of course for future games? If any other users had or have issues with this service, the normal 71 is the next best option.

Secondly, the quality of the beer, particularly Heineken from the concourse bars was appalling, barely drinkable. Not much point complaining unless you are willing to wait in the queue again. I stopped having a beer inside the ground last season, but thought i’d give it another chance. If anything it was worse. Not sure what the solution is but not a great advert for Heineken.

Cheers (or maybe not!)

Steve

Rich. (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 07:36
Yes looks like the match tickets are cheaper (& more reasonable) for Saints match than Bath match - the problem of having the Bath match more expensive is people will make a decision about going to future games based on the assumption that the tickets will be the same price (which might put them off).

TomTainton (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 10:38
Point re: store access was raised today in ops meeting.

We are looking at purchasing a second pop-up store which will sit in the concourse for season.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 12:12
Quote:
TomTainton
Point re: store access was raised today in ops meeting.
We are looking at purchasing a second pop-up store which will sit in the concourse for season.

That's great Tom, thanks for listening!

Lots of people do bypass the fan village. I had to rush to the toilet after walking from the train station, the stewards wouldn't let me out of the concourse (which is fine) hence no access to store or other pop up.

Foot fall is greater inside the concourse as well.

EBigbadger (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 18:58
Not rugby related but £4.00+ bottle of wine in a pint glass?
Could we not at least get a plastic wine glass even with a £1 charge that can be returned

BrizzleJock (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 17:50
Hi Tom, first off, hats off to the start of the season, I think the Club has engaged superbly and is heading in the right direction! My issue is with the officious nature of the stewards after the match. You're trying to encourage recycling of pint pots, great stuff and climate change friendly, then the stewards became very unfriendly when children went to return them.

I was queuing with my 2 children (both Under 10) to return 12 cups, when they said that only people over 18 could return cups and only a maximum of 10 could be returned. This isn't advertised or as far as I'm a aware, been communicated anywhere. They became dismissive and several of them came over when I started to question where this was stated. They admitted this wasnt stated anywhere. What are we concerned about, ages of people who want to recycle or the numbers of cups they want to return? I'm with my children and expect to be spoken to with am element of decorum, this is rugby after all and not football.

The steward then stated that children were STEALING from the Club by taking recyclable cups back for refunds, that they Club could've made money from. What utter nonsense!!!

If the Club want to change the rules on recyclable returns, then that is their prerogative, but the stewards were also need to be clear that these new rules hadn't been advertised anywhere. Bristol Bears are seriously doing a great job engaging, but this is pedantic bollocks that I hope gets squashed and that I have never experienced at any rugby ground, including Twickenham and Murrayfield.

Hats off to you and the Clubs engagement this season though!

robtheh (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 18:15
Quote:
BrizzleJock
Hi Tom, first off, hats off to the start of the season, I think the Club has engaged superbly and is heading in the right direction! My issue is with the officious nature of the stewards after the match. You're trying to encourage recycling of pint pots, great stuff and climate change friendly, then the stewards became very unfriendly when children went to return them.
I was queuing with my 2 children (both Under 10) to return 12 cups, when they said that only people over 18 could return cups and only a maximum of 10 could be returned. This isn't advertised or as far as I'm a aware, been communicated anywhere. They became dismissive and several of them came over when I started to question where this was stated. They admitted this wasnt stated anywhere. What are we concerned about, ages of people who want to recycle or the numbers of cups they want to return? I'm with my children and expect to be spoken to with am element of decorum, this is rugby after all and not football.

The steward then stated that children were STEALING from the Club by taking recyclable cups back for refunds, that they Club could've made money from. What utter nonsense!!!

If the Club want to change the rules on recyclable returns, then that is their prerogative, but the stewards were also need to be clear that these new rules hadn't been advertised anywhere. Bristol Bears are seriously doing a great job engaging, but this is pedantic bollocks that I hope gets squashed and that I have never experienced at any rugby ground, including Twickenham and Murrayfield.

Hats off to you and the Clubs engagement this season though!

Yeah, well I had a word with a guy who’s kids were robbing people’s empties and had, when he counted them, 41.
It’s not on to do that, or for anyone’s kids to go minesweeping to get extra cash. Buy your b****y own!

Not got a problem with people taking their own empties back. It’s a good initiative from the recycling point of view.

BrizzleJock (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 18:45
@robtheh, you're totally right about people who take cups that belong to people, though we're conflating issues here. My problem is with regards the way stewards interact with people, particularly when they are communicating rules that aren't advertised or haven't been communicated to anyone! This is meant to be a family Club, and I despise their approach to engaging with families...

PGW (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 20:19
Actually witnessed several adults actively encouraging their kids to hunt for empties in the Lansdown Stand and I'm sure that it had nothing to do with responsible recycling! If you have to be eighteen to buy the alcohol in the first place, then you should have to prove you are eighteen to get the refunds on the empty glasses. I'm not against kids earning themselves a bit of extra pocket money, and after all, they are only picking up glasses that people don't want. But when you see the number of kids waiting in line and the number of glasses they have collected it make sense for the staff to refuse to give refunds. Just go back to the clear plastic glasses or scrap the charge of £1 for the glass.

Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net