rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 13 of 18

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
AndyJB (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 19:40
As long as the cups have been genuinely discarded what's wrong with a few kids earning a bit of cash. Obviously nicking them under someone's seat is not on but I suspect this was a lone entrepreneur. I seem to remember collecting lemonade bottles as a kid for 10p but that was 40 plus years ago.

robtheh (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 19:55
Quote:
PGW
Actually witnessed several adults actively encouraging their kids to hunt for empties in the Lansdown Stand and I'm sure that it had nothing to do with responsible recycling! If you have to be eighteen to buy the alcohol in the first place, then you should have to prove you are eighteen to get the refunds on the empty glasses. I'm not against kids earning themselves a bit of extra pocket money, and after all, they are only picking up glasses that people don't want. But when you see the number of kids waiting in line and the number of glasses they have collected it make sense for the staff to refuse to give refunds. Just go back to the clear plastic glasses or scrap the charge of 1 for the glass.

This.

bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 07:30
Fan cups:
Tom, this seems to be always an uphill battle to return fan cups after the game.
I like to buy a beverage after the match meet some friends have a chat and watch the post match entertainment. I feel there should be no difficulty to then return the cups but, by the time i have finished the stalls where you return the cups have close.

I proceeded to the bar as they are still open to be refused to hand my cups in and refund.
after discussing this with the bar members and to my abhorrent one of the staff turned around and said "it's not our problem".

I proceeded to the bar and grill to again be refused. I spoke to the bar manager and told me that there are notices around to say cups can be returned within 15 minutes after the match had ended. I continued to say that this was ludicrous and the bar manager then change her mind and said it was half an hour after the match?
I have not seen these notices and why does the manager not know the actual times?

Please can some common sense be applied where once the stalls have been closed for returnng cups, the bars can then have a collection point for those who are remianing.
Or even have box where you can put the cups in and Bristol Bears can donate the funds from the cups to a charity of their liking?

The point of this maessage is:
a. I do not like being told that its not their problem by the staff at the ground and should have better customer expierence knowledge to deal wth paying customers.
b. I do not want to be carrying cups around with me constantly after the game has finished
until i arrived home.
c. Why didn't the manager know the exact timings to rutrn the cups? felt like i was being told a story as I could not see any signage when I went back to have a look.

One last thing unfortunately I had to post a message on here as there is no complaints section on the official website!

Fantasic we go the 2 points from the game lets pick ourselves up and get the much needed 4 points at worcester next week.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 07:32
Small thing Tom,
Any idea why the football and rugby touchlines are different this year? The City not playing with wingers this year or does Pat want us to throw the ball as wide as possible?
Cheers!

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 09:16
I noticed that.

Also, on the same theme. The last couple of occasions where City have played after us, the pitch has been immaculate and you could barely notice the previous day's lines. On Saturday, they stood out like a sore thumb and as a viewer on't telly box, it was quite confusing. I appreciate the grounds team had a very short turn around period, but I think the green paint might have been the wrong shade!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
02 October, 2018 08:15
Quote:
bris_rob
Small thing Tom,
Any idea why the football and rugby touchlines are different this year? The City not playing with wingers this year or does Pat want us to throw the ball as wide as possible?
Cheers!

Hi all, Bears' management prefer a wider pitch, whereas BCFC want their pitch slightly narrower.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
02 October, 2018 08:17
Quote:
SparkyBris
I noticed that.
Also, on the same theme. The last couple of occasions where City have played after us, the pitch has been immaculate and you could barely notice the previous day's lines. On Saturday, they stood out like a sore thumb and as a viewer on't telly box, it was quite confusing. I appreciate the grounds team had a very short turn around period, but I think the green paint might have been the wrong shade!

This is the first time this season where football have played before rugby (Friday into Saturday) and there has been less than a 24 hour turnaround.

The ground staff worked through the night to turnaround the pitch painting and prepare the surface for Saturday's game. This is one of the challenges of a multi-sport stadium. Will feed back your views to the grounds team.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
02 October, 2018 08:18
Quote:
bigcarrotnose
Fan cups:
Tom, this seems to be always an uphill battle to return fan cups after the game.
I like to buy a beverage after the match meet some friends have a chat and watch the post match entertainment. I feel there should be no difficulty to then return the cups but, by the time i have finished the stalls where you return the cups have close.

I proceeded to the bar as they are still open to be refused to hand my cups in and refund.
after discussing this with the bar members and to my abhorrent one of the staff turned around and said "it's not our problem".

I proceeded to the bar and grill to again be refused. I spoke to the bar manager and told me that there are notices around to say cups can be returned within 15 minutes after the match had ended. I continued to say that this was ludicrous and the bar manager then change her mind and said it was half an hour after the match?
I have not seen these notices and why does the manager not know the actual times?

Please can some common sense be applied where once the stalls have been closed for returnng cups, the bars can then have a collection point for those who are remianing.
Or even have box where you can put the cups in and Bristol Bears can donate the funds from the cups to a charity of their liking?

a. I do not like being told that its not their problem by the staff at the ground and should have better customer expierence knowledge to deal wth paying customers.
b. I do not want to be carrying cups around with me constantly after the game has finished
until i arrived home.
c. Why didn't the manager know the exact timings to rutrn the cups? felt like i was being told a story as I could not see any signage when I went back to have a look.

One last thing unfortunately I had to post a message on here as there is no complaints section on the official website!

Fantasic we go the 2 points from the game lets pick ourselves up and get the much needed 4 points at worcester next week.

Understood - needs to be absolute clarity on this. Will report back to stadium team and confirm in time for Zebre.

robtheh (IP Logged)
02 October, 2018 10:48
Potentially stupid question Tom: do the fan radios work for the Euro games?
Ta

TomTainton (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 15:17
Quote:
robtheh
Ta

I don't believe so, no. Will check to be 100%.

bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 17:05
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
bigcarrotnose
Fan cups:

until i arrived home.

Understood - needs to be absolute clarity on this. Will report back to stadium team and confirm in time for Zebre.

Thank you Tom,
I will await your verdict

Keep up the great work.

robtheh (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 18:35
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
robtheh
Ta

Thank you

Portisteve (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 08:59
tom any news re the euro shirt and the supporters classic cotton style shirt?

bris_rob (IP Logged)
04 October, 2018 12:14
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
bris_rob
Small thing Tom,
Cheers!

Hi all, Bears' management prefer a wider pitch, whereas BCFC want their pitch slightly narrower.
Cheers Tom, thought that must be the reason!

Thorney (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 12:09
Hi Tom

As someone who has used the special AG3 buses from Horfield since the move from the Mem, it is disappointing that the service seems more limited this season, even though the passenger potential is higher. In previous years we have had a proper timetable showing four departures in each direction, with the last two out and first two home 15mins apart recognising these are the busiest times.

This year the guff on the website tells us that the AG3 is "operating an improved service". However, there is no published timetable, just the time of the first bus and that they will run every 30mins, with no indication of the time of the last service. Given the "every 30mins" target I would have expected a bus leaving at 13.30 for 3pm KOs, but there was no such bus for either the Quins or Saints matches. On both occasions I was at the stop by 13.15 and had to wait until after 13.45 for a bus. Some claimed to have been there since before 13.00 and had not seen a bus and given the size of the waiting crowd it would not have surprised me if this was true. Certainly, on both occasions the bus was full to capacity before leaving just before 14.00, meaning it drove past waiting Bristol Rugby shirts all the way down Gloucester Road. If the first bus was at 12.30 it appears that instead of four buses we now have at best three, and crucially only one instead of two closely spaced at the most popular time.

The attendances for the next few games are likely to be a bit lower so the pressure on the buses may be reduced, but can this be sorted before the next Prem match? If the "improvements" can be reversed so we can get the level of service we have had in the past it would be appreciated by many.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 10:33
Quote:
Thorney
Hi Tom
As someone who has used the special AG3 buses from Horfield since the move from the Mem, it is disappointing that the service seems more limited this season, even though the passenger potential is higher. In previous years we have had a proper timetable showing four departures in each direction, with the last two out and first two home 15mins apart recognising these are the busiest times.

This year the guff on the website tells us that the AG3 is "operating an improved service". However, there is no published timetable, just the time of the first bus and that they will run every 30mins, with no indication of the time of the last service. Given the "every 30mins" target I would have expected a bus leaving at 13.30 for 3pm KOs, but there was no such bus for either the Quins or Saints matches. On both occasions I was at the stop by 13.15 and had to wait until after 13.45 for a bus. Some claimed to have been there since before 13.00 and had not seen a bus and given the size of the waiting crowd it would not have surprised me if this was true. Certainly, on both occasions the bus was full to capacity before leaving just before 14.00, meaning it drove past waiting Bristol Rugby shirts all the way down Gloucester Road. If the first bus was at 12.30 it appears that instead of four buses we now have at best three, and crucially only one instead of two closely spaced at the most popular time.

The attendances for the next few games are likely to be a bit lower so the pressure on the buses may be reduced, but can this be sorted before the next Prem match? If the "improvements" can be reversed so we can get the level of service we have had in the past it would be appreciated by many.

Hi Tom, I can echo Thorney's experience (I was also on that 'Quins' bus) and add that the return service is just as unscheduled/random. A group of us watched the 1st half of the BB Women's match v Hart/Glos and had to leave to catch the last AG3 (6.15pm). It eventually arrived at 6.50 with a long queue waiting in the rain. I have yet to see any improvements on last season on an increased fee.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:56
Responding to a few points raised over the past week or so:

- Classic range is now available online and in store
- European kit sale info will be released later today (Friday, 12th)
- Cups - No age restriction on returns, max 10 cups per person for returns, additional staff on all return points

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:03
Quote:
Thorney
Hi Tom

Hi Thorney, presumably the 'guff' you're referring to is the below?

AG3 Horfield Common, Muller Road

First departure: 12.30pm
Frequency: every 30 minutes
Journey time: 25 minutes
Collects: along Gloucester Road, Cheltenham Road and the centre at Churchways Avenue, Ashley Down Rd, Nevil Rd, Hatherley Rd, Sommerville Rd, Zetland Rd Junction, Colston Girls School, Nine Tree Hill, Stokes Croft, The Haymarket
Drop-Off: Winterstoke Road entrance
Post-match departure: Winterstoke Road entrance. Last return, 6.15pm

You'll note that the time of the last service is clearly stated.

I apologise for the 15 minute delay to your 1.30pm service and will feedback to First. We haven't received a single complaint from any supporters being unable to get to a fixture because of lack of bus service on any of the routes, but if you're aware of an individuals who haven't been able to attend because of overcrowding on the service, please put them directly in touch with me on ttainton@bristolbearsrugby.com.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:04
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
robtheh
Ta

Thank you

I'm told that the radios work for Premiership fixtures only. Thanks for your patience.

Rugby Bus
Thorney (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:48
Tom

I obviously did not make my point clearly. The website of course gives the time of the last bus back to Horfield AFTER the match. What we no longer have, compared with previous years, is the departure times of all the buses scheduled in each direction. Previously we have had at least four, and knowing what time the last one leaves to get to the match is surely useful information?

Current Page: 13 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net