Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 2 of 18

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 17:20
Quote:
Olly
Tom hereís a suggestion. Is it not practical to start the Henbury bus route via the Mall? All that free parking has to be of benefit if we could reach agreement with the owners. Those who donít want to watch rugby can shop whilst the sensible people can hope on a bus to the Gate. It has to be a gain for both parties. Also make it easier for away supporters too being easy parking just off the motorway.

First Bus determine the routes, but - of course - the club can make requests to them. I have a meeting with their commercial manager regarding the new routes next week, so can feed back after that with more details.

Just an additional note on this, the Henbury route will be free of charge for the Bath game as a one-off to encourage supporters to use the service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 17:21 by TomTainton.

Olly (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 20:12
What A door to door service and Free to boot!!!!! Iím not going to have anything to complain about soon. Happy days. Thanks Tom.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Bristol rugby lad (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 21:04
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Bristol rugby lad
Hi tom,
Could you tell me when the 3rd european kit will be made available to pre order? Btw massive fan for all kits this season.

They're great, aren't they!

European kit will be available for pre-order around mid/late September. I'll come back with exact dates when confirmed.

Cheers for the reply tom, i cant wait to pre-order. One more q, is there likely to be a bristol bears app like there is for bristol city?

TomTainton (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:37
Quote:
Bristol rugby lad
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Bristol rugby lad
Hi tom,
Could you tell me when the 3rd european kit will be made available to pre order? Btw massive fan for all kits this season.

They're great, aren't they!

European kit will be available for pre-order around mid/late September. I'll come back with exact dates when confirmed.

Cheers for the reply tom, i cant wait to pre-order. One more q, is there likely to be a bristol bears app like there is for bristol city?

Hereís one I can answer right away.

Yes, the club will be launching an APP very shortly (before start of season).

As well as notifications on announcements, stats and fixtures, the free-to-download APP will have augmented reality technology included, which we hope will bring the stadium and matchday programme to life.

For example, hover your device over parts of the memorabilia wall and youíll be able to watch archived video of the events in question.

Use the APP on the programme front cover and the featured player will come out of the page with a special message tailored to matchday.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:49
App sounds great!!! Love the Mem Wall bits!.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 09:08
Cool.

Reminds me of a conversation I had last week; is there any archive footage of Bristol Rugby the club could make available on YouTube and similar media platforms? Things like the 1983 JPT final, historic matches and player profiles?

TomTainton (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Rinkadink
Cool.
Reminds me of a conversation I had last week; is there any archive footage of Bristol Rugby the club could make available on YouTube and similar media platforms? Things like the 1983 JPT final, historic matches and player profiles?

It's a very good point and one that's been a bugbear of mine for a few years now. Unfortunately, anything prior to 2006 is extremely difficult to source.

Unlike football, where highlights for league fixtures have been collated by the football league/local networks for at least 20-25 years, we have to rely on anything that's been individually uploaded to youtube or is in the central library digital archives.

I'll raise this again with BBC and ITV local stations to see what we can get, but in previous experience, it's been very challenging to make any progress with this.

Cotman (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 10:24
Hi Tom,
Do you know if any of the pre season games will be live streamed?

Great to have you on here btw

AndyJB (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 11:01
Hi Tom do you know if the Premiership Rugby Fan Radio & Ref Link will be available at Ashton Gate this year? I think last year all premiership teams had it and were selling the radios to the fans for £10.

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 11:12
Hi Tom

Do you know if anything has been done to the tannoy system. In the Lansdown Stand we couldn't hear hardly anything at all.

11 August, 2018 23:29
Hi Tom, any chance of some car stickers being available ?

AGS (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 06:59
Quote:
AndyJB
Hi Tom do you know if the Premiership Rugby Fan Radio & Ref Link will be available at Ashton Gate this year? I think last year all premiership teams had it and were selling the radios to the fans for £10.

+1

tbr (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:24
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

+1.

We're only 2 or 3 weeks away from the 1st game of the new season (with our new brand) and we need new cotton (not stretchy shiny poly dri fit) clothes please!

Field marshall (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:53
This is a great initiative, well done Tom and the club. My bit; why is the rugby shirt more expensive than the city shirt? I actually like the shirts but this could prevent me buying one on principle. I'll keep an eye on the ticket prices too.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 15:28
Quote:
Cotman
Hi Tom,
Do you know if any of the pre season games will be live streamed?

Great to have you on here btw

There are discussions ongoing with the stadium team about live streaming the Connacht game, although a decision hasn't been made yet.

Scarlets and Nottingham will not be live streamed.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 15:29
Quote:
AndyJB

Yes, this is a Premiership requirement and Fan Radio & Ref Link will be available to purchase at Ashton Gate next season.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 15:32
Quote:
Jay Jay
Hi Tom
Do you know if anything has been done to the tannoy system. In the Lansdown Stand we couldn't hear hardly anything at all.

The PA system has been checked and assessed over the off-season and it should be much improved during the coming campaign.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 15:34
Quote:
Field marshall
This is a great initiative, well done Tom and the club. My bit; why is the rugby shirt more expensive than the city shirt? I actually like the shirts but this could prevent me buying one on principle. I'll keep an eye on the ticket prices too.

I will get an answer on this and come back to you ASAP.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 15:36
[s][/s]
Quote:
bristol born and bred
Hi Tom, any chance of some car stickers being available ?

Great shout and yes, these will be available in store soon.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 09:00
Quote:
Field marshall

I've had a response from our excellent store manager re: pricing. Please see below:

We provide the supporter an exact replica of what the team has.

Due to the nature of play, football shirts are fine with a standard seam and performance material. Rugby shirts due to the additional contact in the game need reinforced seams, sublimation rather than prints, additional treatment in the neck line to ensure it doesnít rub, to name but a few additional features that improve quality.

This pushes the cost price up a lot causing a rugby shirt to cost a lot more to make than a football shirt simply due to the nature of the process.

Some clubs will offer a lesser quality shirt for less and then a replica shirt for a lot more. We donít do this, other than removing the silicon grips for supporters (as they come off in washes with fabric conditioner) we provide the supporter an exact replica of what the team has.

(Alex, a full stock list of what will be available in store is coming soon).

Current Page: 2 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net