rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 3 of 15

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Arjay (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 09:26
Hi Tom, can you confirm when the new season cards and parking permits will be sent out?

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 12:01
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Field marshall
This is a great initiative, well done Tom and the club. My bit; why is the rugby shirt more expensive than the city shirt? I actually like the shirts but this could prevent me buying one on principle. I'll keep an eye on the ticket prices too.
(Alex, a full stock list of what will be available in store is coming soon).

Thanks Tom

TomTainton (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 13:48
Quote:
Arjay
Hi Tom, can you confirm when the new season cards and parking permits will be sent out?

Season cards will be sent out this week/beginning of next. We had been waiting to include fixture card with confirmed European games, but EPCR have still yet to announce.

Arjay (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 14:11
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Arjay

Season cards will be sent out this week/beginning of next. We had been waiting to include fixture card with confirmed European games, but EPCR have still yet to announce.

Thanks

Snooks (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 15:00
Hi Tom,

A question rather than feedback, if the Bears change has been a 2 year process, how id it that there is, other than a few things, next to no merchandise ready for sale way in advanced of the start of the season? Surely a selection of shirts, both performance and cotton, hoodie and jumpers, coats and all the usually nick nacks like bed sheets, towels, wallets etc should have been sorted by now.

Olly (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 07:45
Quote:
Snooks
Hi Tom,
A question rather than feedback, if the Bears change has been a 2 year process, how id it that there is, other than a few things, next to no merchandise ready for sale way in advanced of the start of the season? Surely a selection of shirts, both performance and cotton, hoodie and jumpers, coats and all the usually nick nacks like bed sheets, towels, wallets etc should have been sorted by now.

Now That's a question many have been asking.
Regarding kit, Promotion was guaranteed months earlier than in previous years i expected the shirts to be Available long ago and even foolishly thought I would get one for my Grandsons Birthday, sadly not, not even a tee shirt. We see Gloucester, Worcester and others release theirs so why Is our so late?? Especially this year with the rebrand.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 07:59
Hi Tom, thank you for opening up this forum – it's a fantastic initiative and shows that the Club (you?) recognise the need to improve communications with the supporter base. I know some of the contributors on here can come across as moaners a lot of the time but everyone is passionate about the Club and are desperate for it to succeed.

Personally – and as a long time supporter – I think the new brand launch should have probably been handled better than it was. Possibly by consulting with the fans and communicating why the changes are needed beforehand. I think the 'sales pitch' should have been done before the launch, therefore negating any discourse that followed. That said – after initial shock – I have accepted the new name as long as 'Bristol' remains part of it. However, I think the badge looks cheap and lazy and isn't befitting of a Club with the history of Bristol or the ambition to be one of Europe's top clubs.

Merchandise and replica kit – where is it? The re-brand was an ideal time to also get this right and the Club have missed a great opportunity to get it in the shop with the 1st June launch. I'm sure the shirts will sell well this year because they look great and I will buy one for the first time in years.

We all know that for the Club to succeed and grow the squad will have to perform ON the pitch and management will have to match that performance OFF the pitch. I for one will be there with the wife on the 31st doing my bit as always. Here's to a successful season and comfortable Premiership survival!

Thanks for listening Tom and keep up the great work.

C'mon Bris!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2018 08:03 by bris_rob.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:02
Quote:
Snooks
Hi Tom,

Snooks (and Olly), appreciate your frustrations on this.

I'm in regular dialogue with the store for arrival dates of stock, the large majority of which will be available before the start of the season. We apologise for the delay.

(In advance of the full itemised stock list, I've had confirmation that there will be cotton retail wear available).

Snooks (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 10:03
Thanks for the reply. It does seem like a consistent problem that should be addressed as most seasons the kits and other merchandise are rarely available much before the seasons and a few times we have had a couple of games in before shirts being available.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:20
Quote:
TomTainton
Just an additional note on this, the Henbury route will be free of charge for the Bath game as a one-off to encourage supporters to use the service.

Really? That's excellent news, but it's not mentioned anywhere else so could you confirm it and is there a link to a timetable, I can't find any mention of it on First Bus site

TomTainton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:56
Quote:
Beer1234
Quote:
TomTainton
Just an additional note on this, the Henbury route will be free of charge for the Bath game as a one-off to encourage supporters to use the service.

Really? That's excellent news, but it's not mentioned anywhere else so could you confirm it and is there a link to a timetable, I can't find any mention of it on First Bus site

This was something that we did with BCFC for their opening game as well to launch the service.

Timetables and routes will be released the week before the Bath fixture, our in-house team are working on the artwork currently.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 12:09
Quote:
bris_rob
Hi Tom, thank you for opening up this forum – it's a fantastic initiative and shows that the Club (you?) recognise the need to improve communications with the supporter base. I know some of the contributors on here can come across as moaners a lot of the time but everyone is passionate about the Club and are desperate for it to succeed.
Personally – and as a long time supporter – I think the new brand launch should have probably been handled better than it was. Possibly by consulting with the fans and communicating why the changes are needed beforehand. I think the 'sales pitch' should have been done before the launch, therefore negating any discourse that followed. That said – after initial shock – I have accepted the new name as long as 'Bristol' remains part of it. However, I think the badge looks cheap and lazy and isn't befitting of a Club with the history of Bristol or the ambition to be one of Europe's top clubs.

Merchandise and replica kit – where is it? The re-brand was an ideal time to also get this right and the Club have missed a great opportunity to get it in the shop with the 1st June launch. I'm sure the shirts will sell well this year because they look great and I will buy one for the first time in years.

We all know that for the Club to succeed and grow the squad will have to perform ON the pitch and management will have to match that performance OFF the pitch. I for one will be there with the wife on the 31st doing my bit as always. Here's to a successful season and comfortable Premiership survival!

Thanks for listening Tom and keep up the great work.

C'mon Bris!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post such an eloquent message.

I appreciate yours and many other supporters' feelings around the Bears announcement.

As we outlined following the launch of the Bears, we felt that - with promotion to the Premiership and a clear vision in place for the future - now was the opportune time to start afresh.

Having been at the club since 2010, we have experienced some very tough times - both on an off the field. I'm sure you won't disagree, there has been no better time to be a Bristol supporter.

- 6,000 season card holders (our average attendance at the Mem in 06/07 when we finished third in the Prem was around 6/7k.

- Ashton Gate as our established home (the best domestic rugby stadium in the country)

- A new multi-million pound training complex being built in the city

- Premiership rugby with a competitive squad and a world class coach

- An Academy with a host of schoolboy internationals and a genuine pathway to first team

- Significant investment in matchday after supporter feedback on experience

- An award-winning community programme and player/staff engagement in schools, local clubs and women's rugby

I understand the gripes about the logo, or the lack of stock in the shop (for now, at least), but the wider context is that finally, for the first time in the professional era, Bristol have a chance to achieve sustained success.

Bris_Rob is right, ultimately it comes down to how the players perform on the pitch, but this fresh outlook, this positive 'Champions Cup' mindset, stems from drawing a line under the disappointments of the last ten years and looking forward.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 12:25
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?

Stock list for club store:

Kit:

Home Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

Away Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

European Kit – September time

Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Soft Shell Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

Windproof (Gortex type) Jacket - TBC

TRG Joggers - In Stock

TRG Woven Short - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September

Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Dressing Gown - TBC

Women’s Casual polo - TBC

Women’s Casual Zip Thru - TBC

Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC

Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Players Back Pack - In Stock

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Mug (Was in stock)- More Any Day Now

Freezer Beer Tankard - TBC

Lighter (Zippo Style) In Stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Tie, Hankie, Cufflink Set - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Scarves x 2 Design - Next 3 weeks

Gloves - TBC

Hats and Caps - End of November

Rugby Balls – Gilbert - Awaiting Gilbert

Re-usable shopper - In Stock

Greeting Cards – Various - 3 Weeks’ Time

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2018 15:40 by TomTainton.

Peter D (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 13:07
Tom, thank you for your. I am and remain one of the dissenters re. Bears. However, there is no doubt that an exciting season lies ahead and I believe that Pat Lam, the coaching teams and the squad will do us proud this season. (Glad to see mention off merchandise with hoops). Cmon Bris!

TomTainton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:39
Quote:
Peter D
Tom, thank you for your. I am and remain one of the dissenters re. Bears. However, there is no doubt that an exciting season lies ahead and I believe that Pat Lam, the coaching teams and the squad will do us proud this season. (Glad to see mention off merchandise with hoops). Cmon Bris!

Thanks for getting in touch, Peter.

It's great that we can debate this in a respectful and open discussion.

hooter (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 15:10
Hi Tom can you confirm that the home adult and youth replica shirts are in stock. Do we still get discount for being season ticket holders?
Many thanks

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 15:53
Don't make Tom have to do stuff that is available at the few clicks of a button - the shirt stock question is answered in Tom's reply above (see list of store stock) and there are details of the ST benefits and rewards programmes on the club website

Olly (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 17:48
Many thanks for your answer Tom I'm sure these questions must eat into your time but I can assure you it's a breath of fresh air to us and greatly appreciated.
Hats and caps end of November? Is that correct?? My bald head will have ice on it by then.

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 19:10
Olly with your last few posts I've come to understand you are a bald-headed Grandad!! The name Olly still conjures up a 20 year old to me!

Olly (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 19:57
Quote:
Rich.
Olly with your last few posts I've come to understand you are a bald-headed Grandad!! The name Olly still conjures up a 20 year old to me!

A 20 yr old me? oh hum, that was a long long time ago Rich.

Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net