rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document
 

Current Page: 4 of 29
 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
tbr (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 21:29
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?


Stock list for club store:

Kit:

Home Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

Away Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

European Kit – September time


Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Soft Shell Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

Windproof (Gortex type) Jacket - TBC

TRG Joggers - In Stock

TRG Woven Short - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September

Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Dressing Gown - TBC

Women’s Casual polo - TBC

Women’s Casual Zip Thru - TBC



Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC



Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Players Back Pack - In Stock

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Mug (Was in stock)- More Any Day Now

Freezer Beer Tankard - TBC

Lighter (Zippo Style) In Stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Tie, Hankie, Cufflink Set - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Scarves x 2 Design - Next 3 weeks

Gloves - TBC

Hats and Caps - End of November

Rugby Balls – Gilbert - Awaiting Gilbert

Re-usable shopper - In Stock

Greeting Cards – Various - 3 Weeks’ Time

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.

Thanks Tom.
Any idea when the stuff "in stock" (in the club shop I presume) will be for sale from the online store?
Just a vest or two online right now...

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris_rob (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 09:22
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
bris_rob
Hi Tom, thank you for opening up this forum…

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post such an eloquent message.

I appreciate yours and many other supporters' feelings around the Bears announcement.

As we outlined following the launch of the Bears, we felt that - with promotion to the Premiership and a clear vision in place for the future - now was the opportune time to start afresh.

Having been at the club since 2010, we have experienced some very tough times - both on an off the field. I'm sure you won't disagree, there has been no better time to be a Bristol supporter.

- 6,000 season card holders (our average attendance at the Mem in 06/07 when we finished third in the Prem was around 6/7k.

- Ashton Gate as our established home (the best domestic rugby stadium in the country)

- A new multi-million pound training complex being built in the city

- Premiership rugby with a competitive squad and a world class coach

- An Academy with a host of schoolboy internationals and a genuine pathway to first team

- Significant investment in matchday after supporter feedback on experience

- An award-winning community programme and player/staff engagement in schools, local clubs and women's rugby

I understand the gripes about the logo, or the lack of stock in the shop (for now, at least), but the wider context is that finally, for the first time in the professional era, Bristol have a chance to achieve sustained success.

Bris_Rob is right, ultimately it comes down to how the players perform on the pitch, but this fresh outlook, this positive 'Champions Cup' mindset, stems from drawing a line under the disappointments of the last ten years and looking forward.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply Tom.

It is clear that the club is on an upward trajectory and a lot of these projects must have already been a few years in the planning. I applaud these initiatives and when completed they should make Bristol one of the best resourced clubs in Europe – so there will be no excuse for failure.

I am a current season ticket holder and was back in the 2006-07 Season* that you mention above (and well before that). I have witnessed very many lows in this time but also some great highs. I dread to think where the Club would be today if it wasn't for Mr Lansdown's rescue and every time I take my seat at AG I think how lucky the Club is to be in this position.

*Average attendance for the 2006-07 season was 11,369 (inc. 2 matches at AG). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Premiership_Rugby

However, although I understand to need to 'draw a line under the disappointments of the last ten years' (some of it self inflicted and some because of the system) it feels to many loyal supporters that the Club is also writing-off the 120 years of rich history that preceded them. I note that the Club has made a positive effort to address this with the installation of the 'Memorabilia Wall' in the 'Clubhouse' at AG – projects like this will help 'traditionalists' get the behind the new brand.

Communication is the key – so please keep up the good work Tom.

Regards
Rob

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
youngone (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 09:37
Great to see this thread happen. if it continues throughout the season i think it will definitely strengthen relations between club and supporters!

Perhaps this isnt in keeping with the tone of the requests but can we please have an update regarding injuries as we move into the start of the season?

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Whagwan (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September
Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Well this should help salve the concerns of the traditionalists out there, a collared shirt with hoops. I assume the Creek tee is the same one with hoops I bought last year.

This is a great initiative right here, my only question is to add to someone else's above with the enquiry into ref-link radios...

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Whagwan (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 16:42
Ok, I do have another question.

Player Twitter handles:


I'd like to follow the squad on twitter and given their handles are in their website bios I assume this is encouraged.

Could we have a straight list of twitter handles? As clicking through each players bio is quite long-winded.

I assume this is a list already to hand and wouldn't require any extra work from the team.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 17:14
Quote:
Whagwan
Quote:
Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September
Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Well this should help salve the concerns of the traditionalists out there, a collared shirt with hoops. I assume the Creek tee is the same one with hoops I bought last year.

This is a great initiative right here, my only question is to add to someone else's above with the enquiry into ref-link radios...

Hi Whagwan, yes - ref-link radios are a Premiership Rugby requirement, so will be available at the stadium this season.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 17:15
Quote:
tbr
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?


Stock list for club store:

Kit:

Home Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

Away Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

European Kit – September time


Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Soft Shell Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

Windproof (Gortex type) Jacket - TBC

TRG Joggers - In Stock

TRG Woven Short - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September

Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Dressing Gown - TBC

Women’s Casual polo - TBC

Women’s Casual Zip Thru - TBC



Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC



Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Players Back Pack - In Stock

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Mug (Was in stock)- More Any Day Now

Freezer Beer Tankard - TBC

Lighter (Zippo Style) In Stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Tie, Hankie, Cufflink Set - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Scarves x 2 Design - Next 3 weeks

Gloves - TBC

Hats and Caps - End of November

Rugby Balls – Gilbert - Awaiting Gilbert

Re-usable shopper - In Stock

Greeting Cards – Various - 3 Weeks’ Time

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.

Thanks Tom.
Any idea when the stuff "in stock" (in the club shop I presume) will be for sale from the online store?
Just a vest or two online right now...

Will confirm with stadium retail team and come back to you ASAP.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 17:17
Quote:
youngone
Great to see this thread happen. if it continues throughout the season i think it will definitely strengthen relations between club and supporters!
Perhaps this isnt in keeping with the tone of the requests but can we please have an update regarding injuries as we move into the start of the season?

Yes, there will be full injury news - as with last season - with each team announcement.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 21:45
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?


Stock list for club store:

Kit:

etc



Thanks for sharing that @Tom

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Dieselpup (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 09:32
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Nice one @Tom - great to see the club actively engaging fans.
Only thing from me is whether the club will be selling training/leisure wear that isn't the Dri-Fit stuff, but normal cotton polo shirts and t shirts?


Stock list for club store:

Kit:

Home Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

Away Kit – Adult & Youth (arriving mid Aug)

European Kit – September time


Training Wear:

Vest - In stock

Dri Fit Tee - In Stock

Polo - In Stock

Hoody (Cotton) - TBC

Anthem Jacket - In Stock

Soft Shell Jacket - In Stock

Rain Jacket - In Stock

Windproof (Gortex type) Jacket - TBC

TRG Joggers - In Stock

TRG Woven Short - In Stock

Swim Short - In Stock

Leisure:

Creek Tee cotton (W/Hoops) - End September

Rugby Classic with collar (Lightweight W/Hoops) - End September

Dressing Gown - TBC

Women’s Casual polo - TBC

Women’s Casual Zip Thru - TBC



Babywear:

Sleep Suit - TBC

Body Suit - TBC



Accs:

Drink Bottle - In Stock

Sweets - In Stock

Chocolate - In Stock

Boot bag - TBC

Drawstring bag - TBC

Lunch Bag - TBC

Velcro wallet - TBC

Kids Back park - TBC

Players Back Pack - In Stock

Pin Badge - In Stock

Keyring - In stock

Mug (Was in stock)- More Any Day Now

Freezer Beer Tankard - TBC

Lighter (Zippo Style) In Stock

Hip Flask In Stock

Wallet - TBC

Tie, Hankie, Cufflink Set - TBC

Cushion - In Stock

Playing Cards - TBC

Scarves x 2 Design - Next 3 weeks

Gloves - TBC

Hats and Caps - End of November

Rugby Balls – Gilbert - Awaiting Gilbert

Re-usable shopper - In Stock

Greeting Cards – Various - 3 Weeks’ Time

There are other items we are looking at to add throughout the year, like a high end leisure range, stickers, personalised scarves. The above is what is actually confirmed.


So we are getting very close to "mid August", anything more definitive on the delivery of the colours???

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 11:02
Quote:
Whagwan
Ok, I do have another question.
Player Twitter handles:


I'd like to follow the squad on twitter and given their handles are in their website bios I assume this is encouraged.

Could we have a straight list of twitter handles? As clicking through each players bio is quite long-winded.

I assume this is a list already to hand and wouldn't require any extra work from the team.

All player twitter and instagram handles will be listed under their player bios in the matchday programme, which should make the process less long-winded for you.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Whagwan (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 11:10
Cheers!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Sit_Down (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 14:20
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
youngone
Great to see this thread happen. if it continues throughout the season i think it will definitely strengthen relations between club and supporters!
Perhaps this isnt in keeping with the tone of the requests but can we please have an update regarding injuries as we move into the start of the season?

Yes, there will be full injury news - as with last season - with each team announce8ment.

Hi @Tom and thanks for doing this. It is great. However, I noticed with the latest squad announcement that we only get a list of those injured and the part of the anatomy injured!

I'm sure I speak for many when I say a little more detail would be greatly appreciated. For example, C. Piatau. Would be good to get an announcement on his expected return timeline, should we be worried. The v same for some others. We know Matt Protheroe is long term and expected back around Christmas, but how is he tracking? How is his rehab?

The depth of the squad is vital and we'd like to know how we're shaping up. I understand some info is best not shared where injuries are concerned but no real info at all??

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Jimeno (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 14:36
There used to be (maybe still is) a page in the matchday programme called The Treatment Room outlining the status of injured players.

Something like that on the club website would be very useful.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Bristol rugby lad (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 20:10
Hi tom,

Thank you for taking the time to ask all of our q’s it is appriciated by myself.

I have got one other question. I have got s dual season ticket with the bears and bristol city. Last season i had 20% discount on concourse food and drinks by showing both season tickets. I am led to believe that this season i will only get the 10% in the concourse when i show my season card for that particular game and it wouldnt be anymore then that . Is this correct? As i think this is a bit unfair. I understand that if the organisation had to cut back but seems to be a bit unfair on a few who may have dual season cards from going from 20 to 10%.

Again thanks in advance 😀

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
17 August, 2018 20:46
Quote:
Jimeno
There used to be (maybe still is) a page in the matchday programme called The Treatment Room outlining the status of injured players.
Something like that on the club website would be very useful.

we used to get lots of very detailed information but they stopped it because they felt it was giving an advantage to opposition teams - and I can see that it would.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Sit_Down (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 14:58
I disagree. Most other clubs give updates on their injuries and other than guessing the line up what advantage does it give?

From a personal player perspective they may not want it shared and that is fine. A general "sitting out this week for precaution" or "a few weeks away" gives no competitive advantage.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
KPR (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 15:19
Hi Tom, great iniative. Now the Euro dates are out, are Bristol going to have an allocation for each game, and if so how do we register an interest? If not, especially for the La Rochelle, suggest fans get in quick as their games quickly sell out. On sale 3rd September.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 17:08
Quote:
Sit_Down
I disagree. Most other clubs give updates on their injuries and other than guessing the line up what advantage does it give?
From a personal player perspective they may not want it shared and that is fine. A general "sitting out this week for precaution" or "a few weeks away" gives no competitive advantage.

no it doesn't but what I was saying was the club used to give very detailed information but they stopped doing that because they felt it would give other sides an advantage and you can see that it would ("so x if he's playing has been nursing a bad shoulder injury so let's attack his channel ")

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 18:14
Quote:
KPR
Hi Tom, great iniative. Now the Euro dates are out, are Bristol going to have an allocation for each game, and if so how do we register an interest? If not, especially for the La Rochelle, suggest fans get in quick as their games quickly sell out. On sale 3rd September.

Thanks KPR, no the club won't get an allocation. All tickets sold directly through La Rochelle/Zebre/Enesei.

Current Page: 4 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?