rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 7 of 15
 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
25 August, 2018 10:09
People missing the kick off because they were queuing for a drink? I find it amazing. ( mind you I am teetotal so can't see the attraction).

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rich. (IP Logged)
25 August, 2018 10:19
And of course it is not just a pain for the person queueing but also for everyone who has to keep standing to let them pass/see the game as people arrive at their seats during the first 10 mins of the match

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bris4life (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 12:17
I could add that it is also a pain for people throughout a match having people trying to push past to get to the bar (or to the toilets) whilst the ball is in play. And then doing the same on their way back.

Don't get me wrong, I think having a drink at a match is all part of the experience, and I partake myself sometimes. But at least people could wait a few moments until the play is stopped before making people stand up to let them past and disrupting the view for the 2 or 3 rows behind also, so those of us who actually want to watch the the match in its entirety can do so, which after all is surely why we all turn up.

I believe that at some other grounds you are not allowed to leave your seat or return to it whilst the ball is in play. Northampton and Leicester come to mind, where the stewards prevent you from returning to your seat and make you wait a few moments in the aisle until the play is stopped, if I am not mistaken.

Tom, has this ever been discussed within the club to ask the stewards to delay people returning to their seats until the ball is dead, because it seems like a reasonable compromise? It would minimise the annoyance to those seated around them and should improve the match day experience for all, surely something the club would want to be seen to actively promote?
If it hasn't been discussed can it be and can you feed back what the response is please?

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
robtheh (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 13:10
Quote:
bris4life
I could add that it is also a pain for people throughout a match having people trying to push past to get to the bar (or to the toilets) whilst the ball is in play. And then doing the same on their way back.
Don't get me wrong, I think having a drink at a match is all part of the experience, and I partake myself sometimes. But at least people could wait a few moments until the play is stopped before making people stand up to let them past and disrupting the view for the 2 or 3 rows behind also, so those of us who actually want to watch the the match in its entirety can do so, which after all is surely why we all turn up.

I believe that at some other grounds you are not allowed to leave your seat or return to it whilst the ball is in play. Northampton and Leicester come to mind, where the stewards prevent you from returning to your seat and make you wait a few moments in the aisle until the play is stopped, if I am not mistaken.

Tom, has this ever been discussed within the club to ask the stewards to delay people returning to their seats until the ball is dead, because it seems like a reasonable compromise? It would minimise the annoyance to those seated around them and should improve the match day experience for all, surely something the club would want to be seen to actively promote?
If it hasn't been discussed can it be and can you feed back what the response is please?

Id imagine that if they delayed people returning to their seats, youd clog the fire exits.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
BrizzleJock (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 14:23
Hi Tom,

Just wondering if there is any update on the bus timetables yet? Particularly want to know the AG6 details, which still doesn't show as a service on the First Bus website.

Many thanks in advance!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 21:48
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
bris4life
I could add that it is also a pain for people throughout a match having people trying to push past to get to the bar (or to the toilets) whilst the ball is in play. And then doing the same on their way back.
Don't get me wrong, I think having a drink at a match is all part of the experience, and I partake myself sometimes. But at least people could wait a few moments until the play is stopped before making people stand up to let them past and disrupting the view for the 2 or 3 rows behind also, so those of us who actually want to watch the the match in its entirety can do so, which after all is surely why we all turn up.

I believe that at some other grounds you are not allowed to leave your seat or return to it whilst the ball is in play. Northampton and Leicester come to mind, where the stewards prevent you from returning to your seat and make you wait a few moments in the aisle until the play is stopped, if I am not mistaken.

Tom, has this ever been discussed within the club to ask the stewards to delay people returning to their seats until the ball is dead, because it seems like a reasonable compromise? It would minimise the annoyance to those seated around them and should improve the match day experience for all, surely something the club would want to be seen to actively promote?
If it hasn't been discussed can it be and can you feed back what the response is please?

Id imagine that if they delayed people returning to their seats, youd clog the fire exits.

Can't recall if I posted this here earlier but last season a man was being very respectful and waiting to return to his seat crouched on the stairs until a break in play (without a drink, I may add) until a steward started hassling him to his seat; which he refused to do until said steward began getting annoyed and the man returned to his seat very embarrassed and apologetic. Not five minutes later a different guy returned with a couple of pints, happily disturbed everyone with no apologies during which a score almost happened and a section missed the entire thing. Same steward did nothing.

Surely they have this the wrong way around with the first being what we want (I could understand if a large group were blocking the exit but one person will not) and the second exactly what we don't.

--------

I have some feedback and queries regarding our supposed clubhouse in the Lansdown and was going to make a longer post but I'll throw it in here anyway; why are we supporters not allowed to enter it? Had the app ready and was going to walk through under the sign but was stopped by security and steward who said that we were not allowed to go through there and please go outside, around and access through the sports bar. Fine, I thought, grab a drink in the concourse to avoid the queue in the sports bar... no go, the bar closed promptly. Trudge around, in the sports bar to find more bouncer types guarding the back doors (none on front) which allows access to the clubhouse. I guess we still can't go there for the same interesting reason I was given during last season before the area turned into our 'clubhouse'; players and family only.

Now there is a clearly defined clubhouse in which we would expect to be able to view our memorabilia wall, socialise, meet players and the like I found it very surprising and somewhat upsetting that the promises made in the Bears promotional material are not being upheld. I wasn't expecting the speeches from players but being able to see our new wall, meet family and long standing friends after the summer break would be the acceptable bare minimum. These are the people who kept this club alive over many decades, it doesn't seem right and so far removed from what rugby and Bristol was about.

Small aside; a couple in my group have recently bought season tickets for the first time in almost a decade and weren't impressed with quite a few aspects from the long queues to the clubhouse fiasco. Left a bad first impression of rugby under Bristol Sport. They will be here anyway and I hope the club can make good on their previous words but I do worry about others who may have attended and been put off, possibly forever. We supporters don't want that, the club don't want that, and Bristol Sport don't want that. Maybe the club should be made aware of what's happening to the average longstanding supporters; we are important too and not just the hospitality/VIP lot. Tried it and it's very nice BTW, different world to the rest so good job on that side. Perhaps the same care and attention to things regarding the regular supporter experience would be beneficial for all parties?



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/08/2018 21:51 by Rinkadink.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
PGW (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 07:06
Any news regarding the timetable for the bus to Ashton Gate from Henbury on Friday?

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 08:28
Quote:
Rinkadink

I have some feedback and queries regarding our supposed clubhouse in the Lansdown and was going to make a longer post but I'll throw it in here anyway; why are we supporters not allowed to enter it? Had the app ready and was going to walk through under the sign but was stopped by security and steward who said that we were not allowed to go through there and please go outside, around and access through the sports bar. Fine, I thought, grab a drink in the concourse to avoid the queue in the sports bar... no go, the bar closed promptly. Trudge around, in the sports bar to find more bouncer types guarding the back doors (none on front) which allows access to the clubhouse. I guess we still can't go there for the same interesting reason I was given during last season before the area turned into our 'clubhouse'; players and family only.

Now there is a clearly defined clubhouse in which we would expect to be able to view our memorabilia wall, socialise, meet players and the like I found it very surprising and somewhat upsetting that the promises made in the Bears promotional material are not being upheld. I wasn't expecting the speeches from players but being able to see our new wall, meet family and long standing friends after the summer break would be the acceptable bare minimum. These are the people who kept this club alive over many decades, it doesn't seem right and so far removed from what rugby and Bristol was about.

If this is correct, it is, IMO, appalling. Apart from anything else, it prevents you being able to walk around the concourse. Maybe it was for last Friday night only? I will be very interested in the response.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Olly (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 08:39
I walked into the clubhouse via the concourse without any issues.



Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Fatkatz (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 09:40
Quote:
Olly
I walked into the clubhouse via the concourse without any issues.

+1

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
M9sbh (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 09:48
Quote:
Fatkatz
Quote:
Olly
I walked into the clubhouse via the concourse without any issues.

+1
+2

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 09:51
Quote:
bris4life
I could add that it is also a pain for people throughout a match having people trying to push past to get to the bar (or to the toilets) whilst the ball is in play. And then doing the same on their way back.
Don't get me wrong, I think having a drink at a match is all part of the experience, and I partake myself sometimes. But at least people could wait a few moments until the play is stopped before making people stand up to let them past and disrupting the view for the 2 or 3 rows behind also, so those of us who actually want to watch the the match in its entirety can do so, which after all is surely why we all turn up.

I believe that at some other grounds you are not allowed to leave your seat or return to it whilst the ball is in play. Northampton and Leicester come to mind, where the stewards prevent you from returning to your seat and make you wait a few moments in the aisle until the play is stopped, if I am not mistaken.

Tom, has this ever been discussed within the club to ask the stewards to delay people returning to their seats until the ball is dead, because it seems like a reasonable compromise? It would minimise the annoyance to those seated around them and should improve the match day experience for all, surely something the club would want to be seen to actively promote?
If it hasn't been discussed can it be and can you feed back what the response is please?

Hi Bris4life, good point and something that has been formally adopted by Harlequins.

We have a pre-match operations meeting on Tuesday morning, so will raise this then and come back with feedback.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 09:52
Quote:
BrizzleJock
Hi Tom,
Just wondering if there is any update on the bus timetables yet? Particularly want to know the AG6 details, which still doesn't show as a service on the First Bus website.

Many thanks in advance!

Bus timetables are currently being put together and will be available by Tues/Weds. Rest assured, the AG6 is running!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 10:02
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
bris4life
I could add that it is also a pain for people throughout a match having people trying to push past to get to the bar (or to the toilets) whilst the ball is in play. And then doing the same on their way back.
Don't get me wrong, I think having a drink at a match is all part of the experience, and I partake myself sometimes. But at least people could wait a few moments until the play is stopped before making people stand up to let them past and disrupting the view for the 2 or 3 rows behind also, so those of us who actually want to watch the the match in its entirety can do so, which after all is surely why we all turn up.

I believe that at some other grounds you are not allowed to leave your seat or return to it whilst the ball is in play. Northampton and Leicester come to mind, where the stewards prevent you from returning to your seat and make you wait a few moments in the aisle until the play is stopped, if I am not mistaken.

Tom, has this ever been discussed within the club to ask the stewards to delay people returning to their seats until the ball is dead, because it seems like a reasonable compromise? It would minimise the annoyance to those seated around them and should improve the match day experience for all, surely something the club would want to be seen to actively promote?
If it hasn't been discussed can it be and can you feed back what the response is please?

Id imagine that if they delayed people returning to their seats, youd clog the fire exits.

Can't recall if I posted this here earlier but last season a man was being very respectful and waiting to return to his seat crouched on the stairs until a break in play (without a drink, I may add) until a steward started hassling him to his seat; which he refused to do until said steward began getting annoyed and the man returned to his seat very embarrassed and apologetic. Not five minutes later a different guy returned with a couple of pints, happily disturbed everyone with no apologies during which a score almost happened and a section missed the entire thing. Same steward did nothing.

Surely they have this the wrong way around with the first being what we want (I could understand if a large group were blocking the exit but one person will not) and the second exactly what we don't.

--------

I have some feedback and queries regarding our supposed clubhouse in the Lansdown and was going to make a longer post but I'll throw it in here anyway; why are we supporters not allowed to enter it? Had the app ready and was going to walk through under the sign but was stopped by security and steward who said that we were not allowed to go through there and please go outside, around and access through the sports bar. Fine, I thought, grab a drink in the concourse to avoid the queue in the sports bar... no go, the bar closed promptly. Trudge around, in the sports bar to find more bouncer types guarding the back doors (none on front) which allows access to the clubhouse. I guess we still can't go there for the same interesting reason I was given during last season before the area turned into our 'clubhouse'; players and family only.

Now there is a clearly defined clubhouse in which we would expect to be able to view our memorabilia wall, socialise, meet players and the like I found it very surprising and somewhat upsetting that the promises made in the Bears promotional material are not being upheld. I wasn't expecting the speeches from players but being able to see our new wall, meet family and long standing friends after the summer break would be the acceptable bare minimum. These are the people who kept this club alive over many decades, it doesn't seem right and so far removed from what rugby and Bristol was about.

Small aside; a couple in my group have recently bought season tickets for the first time in almost a decade and weren't impressed with quite a few aspects from the long queues to the clubhouse fiasco. Left a bad first impression of rugby under Bristol Sport. They will be here anyway and I hope the club can make good on their previous words but I do worry about others who may have attended and been put off, possibly forever. We supporters don't want that, the club don't want that, and Bristol Sport don't want that. Maybe the club should be made aware of what's happening to the average longstanding supporters; we are important too and not just the hospitality/VIP lot. Tried it and it's very nice BTW, different world to the rest so good job on that side. Perhaps the same care and attention to things regarding the regular supporter experience would be beneficial for all parties?

As stated prior to the Connacht fixture, only the Lansdown Stand was open to supporters, hence a stripped back matchday with no buses, fan village, branded sports bar etc and shutters down to enable only access to lower Lansdown.

The new branded sports bar is being prepared on Thursday. The clubhouse will be open to all supporters pre and post game with live music and Q&As. All bars around the concourse will be open with extra staff, tills and beer caddies.

There are additional pop up shops for merchandise in the fan village. I would say, with all due respect, that to suggest that some who attended a pre-season game would be 'put off, possibly forever' returning to the stadium is slightly over-zealous of you.

If you're attending the Bath game on Friday, please feel free to come back to me after that with feedback on the experience and we can then get to work on ironing out any issues.

Please don't make a sweeping judgment on the Ashton Gate experience until we've actually played a league fixture!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2018 10:03 by TomTainton.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 10:03
Quote:
PGW
Any news regarding the timetable for the bus to Ashton Gate from Henbury on Friday?

Coming this week. The AG6 is running and you'll have all the details well in advance of matchday.

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Seedub (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 11:03
Hey Tom,

Issue has arisen regarding the La Rochelle away fixture and I wonder can you confirm with them directly. On their website the news items states our game is on Saturday 15th December evening, as does ours, but on the ticketing area it shows as Friday 14th December. If this is correct we will miss the game completely as we do not arrive in France until late Friday evening.
Could you possibly get some clarity on this fixture for me?
Many Thanks

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
youngone (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 12:01
i think we'd all love to know how crocked CP is

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
TomTainton (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 12:12
Quote:
Seedub
Hey Tom,
Issue has arisen regarding the La Rochelle away fixture and I wonder can you confirm with them directly. On their website the news items states our game is on Saturday 15th December evening, as does ours, but on the ticketing area it shows as Friday 14th December. If this is correct we will miss the game completely as we do not arrive in France until late Friday evening.
Could you possibly get some clarity on this fixture for me?
Many Thanks

It's definitely Saturday. If it's not, then the entire team are missing the game as well!

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Seedub (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 12:46
Thanks Tom

 
Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
NearAshtonGate (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 16:24
Hi Tom - This is an excellent initiative. Thanks.

One for your operations meeting tomorrow? In seasons past it's been obvious that some people have bought lower priced tickets and knowing that the stewards don't check them at the unallocated sections have then gone and sat there (in these higher priced seats). As the unallocated sections are sold out for Friday's game please could the stewards check tickets to avoid potential problems with overcrowding with valid ticket holders. Thanks.

Current Page: 7 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?