rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 8 of 29

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
27 August, 2018 18:11
Hello Tom.
I also would like to mention a stewards attitude with the friendly on Friday.
I needed the menís room five minutes before the game ended and came back to the top of the concourse which at this time there were less than two minutes remaining.
I asked if I could stand in the corner so that I did not bother any other fans already sitting down. The steward said no as I would be causing an obstruction.

I would have not minded but due to the fact that he was talking to two other fans which I presumed he knew.

They were causing an obstruction when I left and were still obstructing when I got back.
I took a look over my shoulder when walking back down the stairs to see he was smirking with a beaming smile as if to say to his mates, that told him.

I do not appreciate stewards who have a one rule for one and another rule for the rest.

A. It can cause friction and can feel antagonistic.
B. Does not build a great relationship between the fans and steward(s).
C. They are working for Bristol sport and should be professional at all times.

Oh and by the way, I nearly tripped over one of the blokes when walking back out onto the steps.

Until then the evening was very good.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2018 19:29 by bigcarrotnose.

Olly (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 03:02
Hiya Tom.
I hear you're having a meeting today, probably with Friday's game a rather busy one I suspect. I wonder if you would be kind enough to being up this issue if time permits. Note this is not negatively its an observation and soloution.
I Noticed that many items in the shop had just the Bristol sport and the bear logos on them with no lettering whatsoever saying, Bristol rugby or Bristol bears rugby. I might have bought one but for me a bear on its own means absolutely nothing to anybody outside the club which totally defeats the object of buying and wearing one. Itís a Crying Shame in my opinion and a big mistake by the club who really should be promoting this new logo.. You canít just put a new logo on items and expect everyone who sees it to know whether it is just another brand. Most probably wouldn't even associate it with a sport or a club and certainly wouldn't know where in the world it is or indeed anything whatsoever about what that bear represents, its Just plain daft. Supporters wear these items on their travels throughout the world but now their going to be wearing Something that means absolutely nothing to anybody who sees it and that's sad. Can we not have some lettering under the bear like Bristol Rugby? It's plain its simple and identifies the Bear Logo to all that see it.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 12:05
Bus routes and timings confirmed here: [www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Please note, just the one bus from Henbury.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 12:07
Quote:
bigcarrotnose
Hello Tom.
I needed the menís room five minutes before the game ended and came back to the top of the concourse which at this time there were less than two minutes remaining.
I asked if I could stand in the corner so that I did not bother any other fans already sitting down. The steward said no as I would be causing an obstruction.

I would have not minded but due to the fact that he was talking to two other fans which I presumed he knew.

They were causing an obstruction when I left and were still obstructing when I got back.
I took a look over my shoulder when walking back down the stairs to see he was smirking with a beaming smile as if to say to his mates, that told him.

I do not appreciate stewards who have a one rule for one and another rule for the rest.

Oh and by the way, I nearly tripped over one of the blokes when walking back out onto the steps.

Thanks.

Thanks for feedback, this has been raised with security team.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 12:08
Quote:
Olly
Hiya Tom.
I hear you're having a meeting today, probably with Friday's game a rather busy one I suspect. I wonder if you would be kind enough to being up this issue if time permits. Note this is not negatively its an observation and soloution.
I Noticed that many items in the shop had just the Bristol sport and the bear logos on them with no lettering whatsoever saying, Bristol rugby or Bristol bears rugby. I might have bought one but for me a bear on its own means absolutely nothing to anybody outside the club which totally defeats the object of buying and wearing one. Itís a Crying Shame in my opinion and a big mistake by the club who really should be promoting this new logo.. You canít just put a new logo on items and expect everyone who sees it to know whether it is just another brand. Most probably wouldn't even associate it with a sport or a club and certainly wouldn't know where in the world it is or indeed anything whatsoever about what that bear represents, its Just plain daft. Supporters wear these items on their travels throughout the world but now their going to be wearing Something that means absolutely nothing to anybody who sees it and that's sad. Can we not have some lettering under the bear like Bristol Rugby? It's plain its simple and identifies the Bear Logo to all that see it.

Good point and has been raised with merchandising team. Will come back on this.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 12:10
Quote:
TomTainton

Thanks for the update and appreciated the Henbury bus is free this time but have to admit to being slightly concerned there's only the one bus, could be a good day for Uber drivers.

Olly (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 12:18
Quote:
Beer1234
Quote:
TomTainton

Thanks for the update and appreciated the Henbury bus is free this time but have to admit to being slightly concerned there's only the one bus, could be a good day for Uber drivers.
I agree and running so late leaving at 18:10 given The expected traffic around Ashton Gate.

BrizzleJock (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 13:37
Quote:
Olly
Quote:
Beer1234
Quote:
TomTainton

I agree and running so late leaving at 18:10 given The expected traffic around Ashton Gate.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. Slightly surprised that there is only going to be the one bus there and the one bus back. Given the number of rugby supporters in the Westbury on Trym/Henleaze area, I know of about 20 (including children) who were planning on using this service, I've concerns that people won't be allowed on the bus if full and due to the late running of it will then have to source alternate transport at the last minute.

Great initiative though.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 13:41
Quote:
TomTainton

Your link gives me a 404 error Tom.

This one should work.

Bus routes

MightyGriffin (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 14:24
Shame there is only one AG6 and so late as I was thinking of going down to the United game and then get the bus down to AG. Have to think again now.
Good idea having extra bus-routes though.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 14:44
Quote:
BrizzleJock
Quote:
Olly
Quote:
Beer1234
Quote:
TomTainton

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. Slightly surprised that there is only going to be the one bus there and the one bus back. Given the number of rugby supporters in the Westbury on Trym/Henleaze area, I know of about 20 (including children) who were planning on using this service, I've concerns that people won't be allowed on the bus if full and due to the late running of it will then have to source alternate transport at the last minute.

Great initiative though.

Agree on every point, more buses and earlier times for such a big game are needed or else Tom will be spending his Saturday apologising to the many irate fans who missed the game and explaining it's was just a trial run.

bigcarrotnose (IP Logged)
28 August, 2018 20:35
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
bigcarrotnose
Hello Tom.

Thanks.

Thanks for feedback, this has been raised with security team.

Thank you Tom,

Friday night will be a big test for all concerned.

mitzy (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 09:41
Are the radios in yet Tom?

Portisteve (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 10:35
Wow sizing is terrible! Iím a large never been XL and had to buy a XXL hoodie. Whilst wearing a L Superdry hoodie. There are going to be so many unhappy people of Friday when their preorder kit doesnít fit!

Rich. (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 11:08
Now Steve are you sure you didn't overdo the BBQs this summer more than you realise?! I hope so or, as you say, there will be many disappointed pre-orderers.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 12:32
Quote:
mitzy
Are the radios in yet Tom?

I believe they're arriving today, so should be available in store from Thursday.

tbr (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 13:09
Quote:
Portisteve
Wow sizing is terrible! Iím a large never been XL and had to buy a XXL hoodie. Whilst wearing a L Superdry hoodie. There are going to be so many unhappy people of Friday when their preorder kit doesnít fit!

Oh gawd.
Really?
Not again.
That makes me too large for ANYTHING then I'd say.
Again.
And I'm hardly a giant.
Tom... please see my earlier post re lack of large sizes and add this repetitive problem of incorrect or poor sizing to it.

And to think that just hours before our 1st game... the online store STILL only has a vest or two and a t-shirt up for sale.
I've been looking online for weeks now, hoping there would be a good range of training wear and in my sizes.
No range at all, hours before our 1st game and now we discover that even when stuff does get stocked... it won't be nearly large enough.
So poor.

Bristol Sport (or whoever makes our small ( in every sense) cheap clothing range) have had this problem for years.
It's even got to the point where Zarx felt a more quality and comprehensive option than this Bristol Sport stuff.
Such tight-fisted short termism.
Such a missed opportunity with this re-brand.
Such a shame.
Again.

Olly (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 13:26
Thanks for that Tom I will look forward to the feedback.

memnoch (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 13:37
Tom, I have downloaded the new app and think its great.
However my 11 year daughter went to download it today so that she can try and us the interactive programme on Friday evening only to be blocked on the app store due to an age 17+ restriction.
Is this correct and if so why is there a 17+ restriction on it?

TomTainton (IP Logged)
29 August, 2018 17:44
Quote:
memnoch
Tom, I have downloaded the new app and think its great.
However my 11 year daughter went to download it today so that she can try and us the interactive programme on Friday evening only to be blocked on the app store due to an age 17+ restriction.
Is this correct and if so why is there a 17+ restriction on it?

Paul, let me check on this. I think it might be because there's an Appy hour offer with Heineken that the club will be running, so it may be because alcohol is being advertised.

Will come back on this ASAP.

Current Page: 8 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net