rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 9 of 15

Re: Bristol Bears feedback thread - 2018/19
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 00:01
Hi again Tom, is our club YouTube channel getting any of the recent videos uploaded to Twitter? I normally go on the Bears' YT channel but it's not been updated anywhere near as much as Twitter and I guess Facebook as well. Things like the previous questions/answers game and post match interviews with coaches and players haven't made it on there whereas they have on other platforms. Is there any reason for this?

I find YouTube easier because I get an instant update which I do not on the others, higher quality video streaming (Twitter video codec is very buggy on mobile) and don't have to wade through Twitter's mire of suggested content. Would be really good to have parity across all Bears accounts.

Peter D (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 08:57
Quote:
Rinkadink
Hi again Tom, is our club YouTube channel getting any of the recent videos uploaded to Twitter? I normally go on the Bears' YT channel but it's not been updated anywhere near as much as Twitter and I guess Facebook as well. Things like the previous questions/answers game and post match interviews with coaches and players haven't made it on there whereas they have on other platforms. Is there any reason for this?
I find YouTube easier because I get an instant update which I do not on the others, higher quality video streaming (Twitter video codec is very buggy on mobile) and don't have to wade through Twitter's mire of suggested content. Would be really good to have parity across all Bears accounts.

Second this. YouTube is the way I generally catch up with the club's videos -they're all together in one place and easy to miss elsewhere. There are a number of videos that never seem to make it there lately.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 10:44
Quote:
Rinkadink

No problem - is there an example of a video that you've missed on YT that has been on social channels?

I can check back, but the team upload our content across all our platforms simultaneously, so just want to check what I've missed.

In terms of post-match I/Vs, during pre-season we publish live on twitter or facebook, and then embed into the site web story, hence why not featuring on YT.

All pre-match and post-match once competitive season begins runs on YT as usual.

Q&As, I'm not sure what you're referencing, but let me know and I'll go back and check we haven't missed anything.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 12:45
Tom,
I know there are more pressing things to worry about but when things die down, how do you link your existing supporter ID with your Bristol Bears App account?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 August, 2018 18:10
Quote:
TomTainton
Quote:
Rinkadink

No problem - is there an example of a video that you've missed on YT that has been on social channels?

I can check back, but the team upload our content across all our platforms simultaneously, so just want to check what I've missed.

In terms of post-match I/Vs, during pre-season we publish live on twitter or facebook, and then embed into the site web story, hence why not featuring on YT.

All pre-match and post-match once competitive season begins runs on YT as usual.

Q&As, I'm not sure what you're referencing, but let me know and I'll go back and check we haven't missed anything.

These are some of the videos not on YT;

[mobile.twitter.com]

[mobile.twitter.com]

There are a few more as well, Sheedy at the Balloon Fiesta if I recall correctly, etc.

I understand your confusion about the previous questions/answers thing, as it was done with Premiership Rugby then retweeted by our Twitter. Apologies! Link below for that...

[mobile.twitter.com]

Would be nice to have some more stuff with the players as some have said earlier in the thread, I have suggested content from YouTube for Wasps and Saints player interviews but not ours. We also had the selected team news for upcoming matches on there, plus pre-match stuff with players and staff, will that be returning?

Fatkatz (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 10:30
Hi Tom - just been in the shop and itís buzzing. Couple of points 1) if shirts are replicas why no Premiership Tag? 2) was it really too difficult to have fixture cards available in the shop to save a crush/unnecessary queuing later?

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 12:16
Tom - Please could the announcer respectively ask people to take their seats 10 mins prior to KO (as they do at many other grounds). It is really annoying having to stand up 10 times just after KO. Many thanks.

Rich. (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Ernie Ball
Tom - Please could the announcer respectively ask people to take their seats 10 mins prior to KO (as they do at many other grounds). It is really annoying having to stand up 10 times just after KO. Many thanks.

It could have something on the tickets to request that if at all possible

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:25
Just want to say I appreciate the YouTube videos going up, thank you!

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:28
Tom - I think it would be worth you reading the. ĎAshton Gate Atmosphere Ď thread on the Barf board.

Iím not sure what can be done about it but itís not something any of us wish to be associated with?

Seedub (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 15:02
Hi Tom
Much improved situation with the club house open. Two little niggles. it's been mentioned before, some kind of shelving around the pillars or outer edge to put drinks on(if we can't have some seats/tables).
Main problem was the steward/doorman between the sports bar and the clubhouse. People were allowed to move from the sports bar into the clubhouse but when we tried to go the other way back into the sports bar (to meet someone) I was told, players, friends and family only. However we were told we could go out the back of the clubhouse and all the away around the outside and back in the front of the sports bar, so it wasn't a question of numbers. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. He was very Jobsworth!!!
Was also told that if we went outside the back door of the clubhouse (for a ncotilne break!!) we would not be able to get back in as they were trying to shut the place down.
What are the official lines on access to and from the clubhouse and how long is it expected to stay open after a game. If the club doesn't want our money we can go back to the local pubs.

Milesmob (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 15:53
I would like to bring to your attention the non-arrival of the special bus service, provided by Worst Bus, to the ground on Friday evening.

I have always used the AG3 (Horfield) bus to from the ground but on Friday I arrived at the bus stop with 4 other friends just a little before 6.15pm. There was an AG3 bus waiting but we were refused on as it was full. At this time there were around 10 others waiting at the stop.

My son was waiting for the same bus with his friends further on down Gloucester road and he called me to say that 2 buses had passed him and did not stop as they appeared full. He had been at the bus stop since 6pm.

Still at the bus stop at 7.05pm and no sign of a bus we were worried that we would miss the game, we went and got the car and drove down adding to the already bad congestion. My son managed to call his wife who collected them and drove them to the game. Others at his bus stop caught the 76 bus to Bedminster while others called a UBER taxi.

There must have been 40 to 50 people remaining at the Horfield bus stop when we left.

Consequently we just made it by the skin of our teeth for the kick off. No time to purchase a beer as the queues were very long. Hence my second complaint. Because of the bar queues we had to stand up and down several times during the first 10 minutes of the game due to supporters returning from the bar.

1, As the large crowd was known a week or more before the game why did Worst Bus not provide the necessary service as expected
2, Ask stewards not to allow people back to their seats until there is a break in play. A true rugby supporter would not miss 10 minutes of the game for a beer in any case (I may have this wrong).

By the way Bristol Rugby were great and put in a massive performance which partly made up for the poor start to our match day experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 15:57 by Milesmob.

robtheh (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 17:10
Quote:
Milesmob
2, Ask stewards not to allow people back to their seats until there is a break in play. A true rugby supporter would not miss 10 minutes of the game for a beer in any case (I may have this wrong)...

You very much do have this wrong.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:19
There were lots of people stuck outside trying to get in through the turnstiles, I would assume this is the delay for most rather than drinks. Ateyo was worst for this but definitely lots queuing outside the Lansdown minutes after kick off.

Seedub, that has been my experience with the security for ages now. Glad someone else has said it. Hope the club address it.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:24
Quote:
Rinkadink
There were lots of people stuck outside trying to get in through the turnstiles, I would assume this is the delay for most rather than drinks. Ateyo was worst for this but definitely lots queuing outside the Lansdown minutes after kick off.
Seedub, that has been my experience with the security for ages now. Glad someone else has said it. Hope the club address it.

The long queues were as a result of a number of people arriving within the last 20 minutes before kick off. We have studied the CCTV at length and there were no queues prior to this and with the amount that then arrived (or were present on the car park drinking) we were unable to get some in until after kick off. Additional bars were added at pitch side on either side of the stand, additional food outlets and bars were also added outside and from 30 minutes after kick off, people were allowed to go outside to obtain food and drink if those concessions inside were not coping.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:26
Quote:
Milesmob
I would like to bring to your attention the non-arrival of the special bus service, provided by Worst Bus, to the ground on Friday evening.
I have always used the AG3 (Horfield) bus to from the ground but on Friday I arrived at the bus stop with 4 other friends just a little before 6.15pm. There was an AG3 bus waiting but we were refused on as it was full. At this time there were around 10 others waiting at the stop.

My son was waiting for the same bus with his friends further on down Gloucester road and he called me to say that 2 buses had passed him and did not stop as they appeared full. He had been at the bus stop since 6pm.

Still at the bus stop at 7.05pm and no sign of a bus we were worried that we would miss the game, we went and got the car and drove down adding to the already bad congestion. My son managed to call his wife who collected them and drove them to the game. Others at his bus stop caught the 76 bus to Bedminster while others called a UBER taxi.

There must have been 40 to 50 people remaining at the Horfield bus stop when we left.

Consequently we just made it by the skin of our teeth for the kick off. No time to purchase a beer as the queues were very long. Hence my second complaint. Because of the bar queues we had to stand up and down several times during the first 10 minutes of the game due to supporters returning from the bar.

1, As the large crowd was known a week or more before the game why did Worst Bus not provide the necessary service as expected
2, Ask stewards not to allow people back to their seats until there is a break in play. A true rugby supporter would not miss 10 minutes of the game for a beer in any case (I may have this wrong).

By the way Bristol Rugby were great and put in a massive performance which partly made up for the poor start to our match day experience.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will speak to the team at First to understand what numbers of vehicles they laid on for each dedicated route.

As for standing up and down for other supporters, we would not physically have been able to keep that volume of people waiting in the gangways until there was a break in play.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:27
Quote:
Seedub
Hi Tom
Much improved situation with the club house open. Two little niggles. it's been mentioned before, some kind of shelving around the pillars or outer edge to put drinks on(if we can't have some seats/tables).
Main problem was the steward/doorman between the sports bar and the clubhouse. People were allowed to move from the sports bar into the clubhouse but when we tried to go the other way back into the sports bar (to meet someone) I was told, players, friends and family only. However we were told we could go out the back of the clubhouse and all the away around the outside and back in the front of the sports bar, so it wasn't a question of numbers. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. He was very Jobsworth!!!
Was also told that if we went outside the back door of the clubhouse (for a ncotilne break!!) we would not be able to get back in as they were trying to shut the place down.
What are the official lines on access to and from the clubhouse and how long is it expected to stay open after a game. If the club doesn't want our money we can go back to the local pubs.

Very good point re: door and I will raise that right away. Will come back on this, but don't see why there can't be a logical solution here.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:28
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
Tom - I think it would be worth you reading the. ĎAshton Gate Atmosphere Ď thread on the Barf board.
Iím not sure what can be done about it but itís not something any of us wish to be associated with?

This has been brought directly to my attention and, along with the security team, we are reviewing CCTV footage and will respond with appropriate action for anyone deemed to be acting in a way that is not fitting to our sport.

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:28
Quote:
Rinkadink
Just want to say I appreciate the YouTube videos going up, thank you!

No problem!

TomTainton (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:30
Quote:
Ernie Ball

Yep, no problem. We are trying to encourage people into the bowl from 7.30 onwards by utilising messages on the IPTVs and outer screens.

We are working hard on this as you're absolutely correct, a large proportion of our supporters tend to arrive at their seats very close to KO.

Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net