rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Preseason
Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 22:12
Just watched Sale Sharks vs Doncaster in their first preseason game online. Both teams seemed pretty strong and Sale won 31-0.
Firstly I am surprised that we werenít playing this week- with the most new signings of any team we definitely need more time to gel and also the step up in quality is pretty massive.
The game itself was a bit sobering. Doncaster had a lot of possession and territory but Saleís precision when they got a sniff of a chance was very impressive- way above Championship level. Any mistake by Donny was punished.
Ok so Sharks are probably close to top 6 quality, especially with their new signings but I hope Pat has some good plans up his sleeve, weíll need them!

Re: Preseason
Bris21 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 23:14
The boys have a behind closed doors friendly vs Hartpury tomorrow.

Wickerman (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 09:04
Didnít see the game so not sure what to say about Saleís sharpness.
But I did see us beat Doncaster 68-10 4 months ago in a properly competitive match.
Clearly this season will be tough ,but there are so many glass half full ,letís worry about everyone else type comments on here.
If as last time we are bottom with no wins after 8 games I will join you in the doom and gloom.
Until then I approach the season with optimism and hope.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Bris21
The boys have a behind closed doors friendly vs Hartpury tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about how it went?

Derbysparks (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 18:13
Did the Hartpury match happen? Not heard a word about it even if it was behind closed doors.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:06
Quins went to Jersey and beat them but not very convincingly - they must be in contention for being one of the weaker teams this season.

Auguy Slowik was on the wing for Jersey.

KGriff (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:57
I spoke to a mate in Jersey yesterday who said that the Quins team was virtually a second XV.He said most of their key players didn't travel. I wouldn't judge Quins potential this season on that game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net