rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Glasgow (without most Scotland internationals) 50 Quins 17
Rich. (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 19:25
Who knows how we may have done (so no smugness at all) and how much that score reflects the game but as Harlequins seem destined for a relegation battle this season I thought it was one to highlight. Seems Quins missing many of their internationals but Glasgow have many more.

Re: Glasgow (without most Scotland internationals) 50 Quins 17
Peter D (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 19:43
Wasps were well beaten by Connacht too. No idea about the relative quality of the teams.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 19:55
Perhaps a glimmer of hope is that the premiership isn't as strong as we think it is right now?

robtheh (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 20:25
Really donít think that one can read too much into pre-season results.
After all, we just lost to a Scarlets side missing all of itís Welsh internationals...

Edit: my mistake; Rob Evans & Jake Ball were playing for Scarlets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2018 05:32 by robtheh.

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 20:34
Wasps had a second string out with Billy Seattle at 10. Very few big names were on the team sheet so little surprise that they got humped. Quins has a decent side out so thatís pretty surprising

Rich. (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 21:04
Quote:
Rinkadink
Perhaps a glimmer of hope is that the premiership isn't as strong as we think it is right now?

If we exclude us for the moment (as we are a bit unknown for now) then yes, although the other 11 teams ((perhaps excluding Sarries and Exe) are fairly close to each other compared to seasons gone by, the Euro matches last year suggested that generally the Prem (again excl. Sarries and Exe) are not where people perhaps thought they were comparatively.

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 21:52
I agree with all thatís been said, the Prem has definitely been overtaken by the other leagues, hopefully we can benefit.
Quins are an interesting one. You canít argue with Gustardís record but thatís in defence and not as a head coach. Itís such a massive shift from Nick Easterís leaky defence last year to Gustardís wolf pack/ bear pack defence that they may get worse before they get better. Hopefully we can benefit from this and get a few wins early doors.
Of the pre-season results so far, Newcastle are the stand-outs, any thoughts that they were a one season wonder seem wildly optimistic!

Rich. (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 14:52
Again with rider about the teams playing etc but Connacht beat Wasps 43-10 . A huge test for us Friday by the looks!

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 14:40
I think the Pirates beat Exeter 29-21 on Friday night as well, but I've no idea what team Exeter put out...

Olly (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 15:14
Friday will be a big test for us. Hopefully getting to watch both games Brs v Notts at Clifton then a trip down to the Gate.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 15:22
Quote:
Bristol Cornish
I think the Pirates beat Exeter 29-21 on Friday night as well, but I've no idea what team Exeter put out...

Well they well beat Cardiff that night so presumably around 25 - 30 of their best players were playing Cardiff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net