rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Was it a sell out?
Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:05
So was the game on Friday actually a sell out at 26,079? The stated capacity is 27k but as others have mentioned this is reduced to allow for various areas not having allocated seats. So did we have a sell out?

Re: Was it a sell out?
Colonel1960 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 19:38
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
So was the game on Friday actually a sell out at 26,079? The stated capacity is 27k but as others have mentioned this is reduced to allow for various areas not having allocated seats. So did we have a sell out?

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 19:39
Don't think so. I'm sure the club would have had a fancy graphic for twitter if they had sold out.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:32
The City v Man U match last season was sold out at 20688 so I would say yes - 20679 is a sell out to all intents and purposes.

There may have been a few single seats here and there that remained unsold but do they really matter?

A sell-out as far as I'm concerned occurs when people want to buy tickets but can't - I bet that was the case on Friday.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:37
Incidentally we had nearly twice as many as the next biggest crowd of the weekend - Gloucester at 13,700-ish.

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 12:09
Quote:
Colonel1960
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Feck off Colonel-richard!

Brizzler (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 12:17
My view is you can call it a sell out if you've pretty much sold all the tickets, let's not let a few spoil the opportunity to boast a sell out crowd.

The more prominent question for me is was it really 26,000 'Bristolians' as keeps getting touted? The marketing team keep stating that 26,000 people turned out to support Briz but in reality a third of them, maybe more, were there for Bath.

I'm not trying to undermine the support that was shown, it was immense, but if our media team don't sort themselves out and stop spouting false stats then it's not gonna put us in a very good light as a club.

Whilst I'm on the subject, if I hear one more BRFC staff member say the rebrand has worked because of the attendance at a long over due local derby and a win against a poor Bath side I think I might go mad. There is no way you can attribute the rebrand to those outcomes, how about acknowledging all the hard work the team and support staff have done to get them in the prem, which has attracted naturally more supporters and the support given on the day really driving the guys on to see out the game.

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 12:51
It seemed to me that only two or three thousand tops were Bath fans

Olly (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 13:00
All irrelevant in my opinion just bathe in the knowledge that we had by far the biggest attendance. It was great to see so many b fans there which boosted the atmosphere I hope other clubs come in big numbers too. The more we fill it the more will want to come. Add to that some success on the pitch and who knows where our average attendance will end up at seasons end.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Colonel1960 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 14:24
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Quote:
Colonel1960
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Feck off Colonel-richard!

Xxxxx nob

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 14:32
It was a spectacular occasion and most importantly Bristol came out on top. I really don't understand the fascination with attendance figures and how many from each side contributed what, nor the crowing about attendance levels as compared with other teams (e.g. the thread about Worcester attendance this weekend). It's not attendances that wins trophies, at the end of the day.

Rich. (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 15:59
I'm interested how many Bath fans were there as if, for example, half those there were Bath fans then that means that even if all those there supporting Bristol came to the Quins game that would only be 13k (so lots of markets and continual good results needed etc). If however, as I felt, there were max of 3k Bath fans there then things look more hopeful.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 17:32
Quote:
Olly
All irrelevant in my opinion just bathe in the knowledge that we had by far the biggest attendance. It was great to see so many b fans there which boosted the atmosphere I hope other clubs come in big numbers too. The more we fill it the more will want to come. Add to that some success on the pitch and who knows where our average attendance will end up at seasons end.

Hear hear!

Spiderweb (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 09:17
The 26k who turned up, paid full price for the tickets. Not, "kids in for a quid etc.". I suspect the only way Wasps get full house's is via reduction in ticket pricing.

06 September, 2018 09:43
Any attendance over 26,000 should be considered a sell out for both Bris and City. Unreserved sections and segregation will knock at least 500 off of the nominal 27,000 capacity so it's not worth nitpicking over a couple of hundred under actual capacity. Good turnout by Bris fans.

Pity no segregation at rugby, as we would then have been able to know how many or how few, Bath brought to the party.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 09:55
Spiderweb highlights the most important part for me - whether it was a "sell out" or not, the fact was that everyone paid full price - the attendance number wasn't achieved through giveaways and promotions like they are at bigger grounds or one-off games at Wembley/HQ

Channel2 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 10:39
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
Any attendance over 26,000 should be considered a sell out for both Bris and City. Unreserved sections and segregation will knock at least 500 off of the nominal 27,000 capacity so it's not worth nitpicking over a couple of hundred under actual capacity. Good turnout by Bris fans.
Pity no segregation at rugby, as we would then have been able to know how many or how few, Bath brought to the party.

Understand what you're saying but of course once they had sold more than 2,700 there would have been loads buying tickets in the home ends so no real way of knowing. I'm just delighted AG was "packed" as its a huge advert for Bristol rugby.

I expect about 15,000 for Quins mind..

Brizzler (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 15:26
Quote:
Cidered Abroad

And don't forget the neutrals, the football fans and those there for the 'experience'.

Before people start bemoaning this discussions, I think it's worth noting that we're not trying to make our support look less but more get a feel for what kind of numbers we can expect this season. AG feels like a ghost town unless you're hitting 5 figures so let's hope there were plenty of Bris supporters at the game and they all return for the next one.

hooter (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 17:17
I think they should open the ateyo stand before they open the upper Lansdowne as then the ground looks fuller for the cameras.

07 September, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Channel2
Quote:
Cidered Abroad

Understand what you're saying but of course once they had sold more than 2,700 there would have been loads buying tickets in the home ends so no real way of knowing. I'm just delighted AG was "packed" as its a huge
advert for Bristol rugby.

I expect about 15,000 for Quins mind..

Atyeo capacity is circa 4,000 with no segregation and/or unreserved seats. But we'll never know so it's a bit irrelevant. 15,000 will be OK, would like more but we have to earn more by our performances and results. Maybe a few more City fans will come on freebies because it is now Premiership?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net