rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Madigan...
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 08:52
... anyone see what happened to him during the Sarries match? Late and off ball, not sure if it was on the floor or not. Roughly around the 70 minute mark and he needed treatment for a while?

Re: Madigan...
Brisser (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 10:41
From where i was sitting which was the other end of the pitch it appeared that liam williams wouldn't let go of him after the tackle, they then had a bit of afters. Williams appeared (from a distance) to hit madigan while he was on the floor.

williams then ran back towards his try line assisted by a little trip from Lam, he then reacted and realised who did it and swiftly went back to his defensive line.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 12:18
Surprised the the TMO who was absolutely sure GS was a red card, our try was short of the line and Sarries didn't drop the ball while grounding didn't have any footage at all!

RobB (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 13:30
Didn't see what happened, but thought it funny that Madigan was lying very still holding his face until the try was scored then he jumped straight up and run to get the ball for the conversion.

Furriner (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 14:18
Give it one more season, we’ll have players doing four rolls along the turf, after an incident, making it look as if they’ve been hit by an avalanche. (Which sport has all this feigning come from, I wonder?)

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 15:55
Quote:
Furriner
Give it one more season, we’ll have players doing four rolls along the turf, after an incident, making it look as if they’ve been hit by an avalanche. (Which sport has all this feigning come from, I wonder?)

I agree. In years gone by we might have relied on the clubs to self enforce a standard. Not the case anymore I fear.

JimboFB (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:11
The integrity of all sports is dead. It’s win at all costs due to the (relative) huge amounts of money involved in all different types of sport.

We’ve held on a long time but I fear the end is near

Beer Matt Japan (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 17:53
Madigan pointed out to the ref that he had been elbowed in the face. The ref asked the TMO to check and he reported a few minutes later that he couldn't find any evidence of foul play.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Beer Matt Japan
Madigan pointed out to the ref that he had been elbowed in the face. The ref asked the TMO to check and he reported a few minutes later that he couldn't find any evidence of foul play.
TMO said he had been trawling but couldn't find the incident. I find that odd given the amount of cameras.

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 21:26
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Beer Matt Japan
TMO said he had been trawling but couldn't find the incident. I find that odd given the amount of cameras.

There can’t be cameras everywhere. Just because there wasn’t footage, there’s no reason to assume Madigan was diving or making a fuss.

tommarshall89 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 09:15
Mads got dumped by Liam Williams (not illegally) as he passed the ball, and they seem to have a bit of afters on the ground. The camera pans and a few seconds later the commentator says Mads has stayed down, but it isn't clear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net