rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Sheedy and Searle
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:19
I haven't seen our game yet but I thought Searle had a fairly good game for Wasps yesterday.

I am interested in watching our game and hearing what others think of the comparative performances.

Re: Sheedy and Searle
Big Dave (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:26
I think Callum had an excellent, controlled game. He can clearly deliver the Pat Lam Game Plan. My only (odd) concern was that I thought Saracens didn't pressure him as much as they might have done given his relative lack of premiership experience. They sort of watched him for the first try, no wonder the kick was so pinpointedly accurate.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:46
It was a beautiful kick. I really rate Calum, higher than I do Billy which seems to be against the flow of opinion on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 19:46 by Field marshall.

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:53
Quote:
Field marshall
It was a beautiful kick. I really rate Calum, higher than I do Billy which seems to be against the flow of opinion on here.

I'm with you FM

Jimeno (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:01
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Field marshall

I'm with you FM

Mi dos.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:13
That's a surprise! I like Calum's composure. I recall him in the late stage of the champ play off final doing keep-ups during a lull in play. He doesn't have the eye for a gap or turn of pace that Billy does (few do in fact) but I think he's a safer pair of hands, has better game awareness and a more reliable kick.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:38
Quote:
Jimeno
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Field marshall

I'm with you FM

Mi dos.
Add another to that.

Sit_Down (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 09:36
I've always rated Billy higher but looking at Saturday's performances my view is changing. They are different types of fly halfs for sure.

Billy plays very flat and his passing ability is sky high. Though his decision making worries me. His goal kicking seems to have improved, but his kicking from hand, for me, can still be wayward.

Callum always impressed me with his calm demeanour and tactical nouse. What worried me was his ability to get the back line moving. This has definitely improved over the last 12 months and he looks the more complete player to me. With Tiff Eden also looking a real talent, we seem to be looking okay at 10.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 13:37
Haven't seen this weekend's games but last week Searle didn't look that great against Wuss.

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 13:48
Quote:
Standardprocedure
Haven't seen this weekend's games but last week Searle didn't look that great against Wuss.

Always takes a good while for a new 10 to gel with team mates (& they with him) mind.

10 September, 2018 14:07
very true. Although let's see how quickly Sopoaga takes

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 14:37
Yep!

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 19:39
Searle did give away an 'intercept' try from his own 22 to cancel out the one he created with that super kick.

11 September, 2018 08:55
Barring that intercept, he looked like he had a good game

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 10:55
Searle was slightly fortuitous with his kick through, it deflected off an opponents foot to Wasp's advantage but, barring the intercept (which unfortunately is a Billy thing), he had a reasonable game.

Sheedy's kick to the winger was spot-on and, again, he had a sound game.

Compare and contrast with Marcus Smith?

youngone (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 13:15
i have to say Sheedy has done nothing but improve and looks a different player this season in my book. Far more steady and directive. As has been said above/in other threads, 10 seemed a weak position at the start of the season, but if Sheedy continues to perform as he did on the weekend he could easily squeeze mads out by the end of the season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net