rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Openside
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 13:28
I didn’t see the A game last night, soGeorge presumably facing a 6 week ban, how did Dan Thomas and Jake Heenan go?

Re: Openside
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 14:20
Dan Thomas fared well but was taken off at half time - I assume as a precaution maybe with Friday in mind.

To me Jake Heenan had a solid game, but was fairly anonymous throughout. Dan Thomas and Sam Graham were the standout performers in the back row. After halftime, Nick F-W moved from hooker to blindside where he then had a much better game than he had in the first half.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 14:23 by SparkyBris.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 14:23
Quote:
SparkyBris
Dan Thomas fared well but was taken off at half time - I assume as a precaution maybe with Friday in mind.
To me Jake Heenan had a solid game, but was fairly anonymous throughout. Dan Thomas and Sam Graham were the standout performers in the back row. After halftime, Nick F-W moved from hooker to openside where he then had a much better game than he had in the first half.

Thanks SB.

Had completely forgotten about Sam Graham. Looked good at the end of last season.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 14:26
It wouldn't surprise me to see Jack at openside along with Crane and Luatua as starters this week.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 14:59
Quote:
SparkyBris
To me Jake Heenan had a solid game, but was fairly anonymous throughout. Dan Thomas and Sam Graham were the standout performers in the back row. After halftime, Nick F-W moved from hooker to blindside where he then had a much better game than he had in the first half.

This.

Fents throwing was iffy last night which is a shame as I thought he did well last season in the 2 shirt. Hopefully just a one off bad day at the office. Dan Thomas will be ready for first team action very soon. Surprised about Heenan, didn't offer much leadership either which was disappointing.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 16:27
How can you tell how much leadership he offered?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Rich.
How can you tell how much leadership he offered?

Wasn't talking to the ref or other players a great deal. Second half we especially needed communication, someone organising, seeking clarification from ref and making sure everyone was on the same page like they were in the first half... He didn't from what we can see and hear on TV. Could hear Quins players communicating a lot louder and more frequently by comparison. Heenan was pretty quiet around the park too so it wasn't really a care of leading by shining example so everyone follows either.

That's what it seemed last night anyway, could be wrong but how it came over to me. He wasn't awful or anything but was expecting more, as I said previously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 17:25 by Rinkadink.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 18:10
Didn’t realise Heenan was on the pitch if I’m honest. Sam Graham however looked busy and stood out for me. Get him involved on Friday I say!

nickbris (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 19:23
sam graham looks like a jake polledri in the making..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net