rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Team for Gloucester
robtheh (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 20:36
15. Piers O’Conor; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Siale Piutau, 12. Tusi Pisi, 11. Ryan Edwards; 10. Ian Madigan, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Shaun Malton, 3. John Afoa, 4. Joe Joyce, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Steve Luatua (c), 7. George Smith, 8. Jack Lam.
Replacements: 16. Harry Thacker, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Jake Armstrong, 19. Ed Holmes, 20. Nick Haining, 21. Nic Stirzaker, 22. Callum Sheedy, 23. Zane Kirchner.
Unavailable: Jack Cosgrove (foot), Sione Faletau (calf), Lewis Thiede (knee), Aly Muldowney (neck), John Hawkins (thumb), Joe Latta (shoulder), Tiff Eden (shoulder), Alapati Leiua (back), Jack Tovey (knee), Mat Protheroe (knee), Charles Piutau (shoulder), Luke Daniels (hamstring).

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

15. Jason Woodward; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Henry Trinder, 12. Billy Twelvetrees, 11. Matt Banahan; 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Callum Braley; 1. Val Rapava Ruskin, 2. Franco Marais, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Ed Slater (capt), 5. Gerbrandt Grobler; 6. Jake Polledri, 7. Lewis Ludlow, 8. Ruan Ackermann.
16. James Hanson, 17. Josh Hohneck, 18. Ciaran Knight, 19. Freddie Clarke, 20. Ben Morgan, 21. Ben Vellacott, 22. Mark Atkinson, 23. Tom Hudson

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2018 20:43 by robtheh.

Re: Team for Gloucester
JamboBris (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 20:38
Glad to see we've started Malton in this one. Glos pack looks one of the toughest in the league to me.

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 20:43
Interesting that all three scrum-halfs will start a game and start on the bench in the first three fixtures. PL clearly sees big competition in that position.

youngone (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 21:07
Good to see Joyce get a crack

ba3bris (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 12:59
Quote:
JamboBris
Glad to see we've started Malton in this one. Glos pack looks one of the toughest in the league to me.

I don't think the back line is too shabby either!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 13:51
I hope Smith and Luatua are all over Cipriani.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 18:31
Quote:
Standardprocedure
I hope Smith and Luatua are all over Cipriani.

More likely to be Hurrell. It certainly was against Sarries.

happyH (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 18:39
Doubtful as he's not in the team!
C'MON BRIZZZZ

Whagwan (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 18:54
Ironic that their starting SH is a Bristol Academy boy and vice versa. (although Randall isn't actually from Glos unlike Braley at Bris)

Field marshall (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 21:09
I think Glaws are going to do very, very well this year. I *might* have a few quid on them to take the league at very favourable odds. That XV is littered with quality and the shed is a tough place to go. Being realistic, I'd be happy with a LBP. Glad Randall is being given a run but not sure what Hurrell has done to merit being dropped completely? He's exactly the person I'd want running at Cipriani, 12T and Trinder. I'd even be tempted to put Alapati in at centre and go fully direct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2018 21:10 by Field marshall.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 22:06
Quote:
Field marshall
I think Glaws are going to do very, very well this year. I *might* have a few quid on them to take the league at very favourable odds. That XV is littered with quality and the shed is a tough place to go. Being realistic, I'd be happy with a LBP. Glad Randall is being given a run but not sure what Hurrell has done to merit being dropped completely? He's exactly the person I'd want running at Cipriani, 12T and Trinder. I'd even be tempted to put Alapati in at centre and go fully direct.

Leiua would surely be playing, but is injured.

Olly (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 23:43
I suspect Will is being rested. Given the hammering he got at Sarries I think that’s a good thing.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 08:39
I imagine Hurrell is recovering from the forearm smash to the face that he received?

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:03
Whilst I agree losing Hurrell’s physicality will be a loss, Piatau Snr loves contact and Pisi is no shrinking violet so hopefully between them Smith, Luatua and Lam, we can put some pressure on Cips. Just have to make sure we pick up on the miss pass and don’t all go in on him (like B*** did) and leave holes cos he will pick off that pass. I’d have someone always up on him and then someone out wide up for the intercept - sorted! I have a good feeling about tonight - whilst the team is again not what we’d expected, in Pat we trust (I was worried last week and they were matching Sarries Away) and if we get the same level of performance as the past 2 weeks, it’ll be a cracker (Glos have more quality individuals but we are playing as a team that appear to all be on the same page)
C’mon Bris!!

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:08
I don't think it is, any longer, a case of players being dropped.
PL is trying to develop a squad and he's backing individuals; hence selections v Sarries and now Glos.
I think it's wonderful and am looking forward to tonight's game. It's still about performance and a LBP would be a result for me but PL will be telling them they can win, that's for sure.

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:41
The only thing that still slightly bothers me, is the lack of a huge lump of a second row, I know we re trying to play an open game but we need secure ball to do it, and engine room looks light. Wasps try to play an open game but they have launchberry. Glos have picked a monster pack so if our scrum holds out I will shut up....I hope it holds out or the shed will be a very uncomfortable place to be later, but I’m sure once Smith and lam get hold of cipriani we ll be ok!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net