rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

NEW MATCH AND SEASON HUB
BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 05:22
Hi all,

A while ago I put up a dashboard for the History of the English premiership.

Last night I have made live a new set of dashboards that allows the user to investigate individual matches, player performance for the season to date and comparisons on team performance.

All rounds 1-4 have been included and the intention is to continue doing this each week, to see how the season pans out.

While it's not everones cup of tea (stats and data visualisation), but check it out, you might find something interesting in it.

All charts should be interactive, select and they will highlight/filter the other charts to highlight individual players or teams.

Don't be put off by a 15-20 load time, once in, they work reasonably quickly!

Link: [public.tableau.com]

I should point out there are tabs at the top of the screen to move between dashboards. They are not immediately obvious.

Cheers

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Re: NEW MATCH AND SEASON HUB
shhandy (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 11:09
Quite tricky to navigate but a stats nerds paradise! Where does the data come from? Do you have to load it all manually?

This chart shows how well Hurrell played against Quins. Near top of the ‘offloads’ list.

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 11:13
Quote:
shhandy
Quite tricky to navigate but a stats nerds paradise! Where does the data come from? Do you have to load it all manually?
This chart shows how well Hurrell played against Quins. Near top of the ‘offloads’ list.

There is a link at the bottom of each page (the ESPN logo). Yes I have to manually scrape their website for the data! It's a bit long winded, but until I get better with some other software this is what I'll have to deal with!

The dashboard definitely work better on alaptop or tablet. Mobile is a little awkward. This is a limitation of the site and I built it on a laptop with that in mind.

Hope you find it useful!

shhandy (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 11:14
Oops link takes you to home entry on site rather than page I had navigated to. On top LHS under ‘Round 4’ click Match box & sel3ct Bears v Quins match. Work it out from there!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 15:51
Very impressive.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 16:38
This is pretty sick, thank you for sharing!

Only complaint I have is that it doesn't like mobile chrome very much. If this was optimised or put in an app with less overheads I don't know if I would use anything else. Great work.

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 19:21
Yeah. That's one of the drawbacks of the online platform. I would have had to specifically build it for mobile view - which would then loom rubbish on a laptop or tablet.

But glad you like it!

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 12:13
Just a quick one to say this Match and Season Hub has now been updated with Round 5 data.

Don't worry I won't notify every week and keep bugging you all! Just take it that I'll update it on Monday /Tuesday each week.

Thanks for listening!

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 17:55
I don't think anyone would mind if you gave regular updates on data or anything else you do with it.

(:

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:52
Now updated for Round 6.

Probably not the thing you want to see after the weekend. Just to note the playmaker stats on the Hub page is light, because Callum Sheedys figures aren't included - an oversight on my part.

Salmon

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:01
Will have a look when I build up the courage, thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net