rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Well that about wraps it up for Bristol
TheVogon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:52
Same old Bristol, choke so badly on the big games.

When it's a must win game we ship 45 unanswered points. Error after error.

I can't see us avoiding relegation. We just don't have the fight.

Do you honestly disagree? For the first 5 posters that want to take me up on it, it will bet £5 that Bristol are relegated this season, with the money paid to a charity of the winner's choice.

Re: Well that about wraps it up for Bristol
Hoopsy (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:56
Hard to disagree with that ...truly embarrassing ...along with this pathetic rebranding.
An insult to any type of bear !!!!

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:49
Definately the relegation favourites, haven't decided if we will be relegated yet though and yes I did watch the awful performance today.

Bris21 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:00
TheVogon

Tell you what- rather than being reactive to one truly shocking performance why not look at the bigger picture. We are competitive, have two wins and two bonus points. We have a five week break to rest our frontline players and regroup. We always knew there would be games we would be d*cked in and today was one- this was Worcesters final.

We will stay up, we are in negotiations with two massive ex Bristol players to rejoin us next season and in a couple of years will be blowing Worcester off the park.

Get your head out of your @#$%& and get behind the club you supposedly support. Iíll take that bet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 17:20 by Bris21.

Brizzle (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:02
Here we go again !!
We seem to be playing Andy Robinson style rugby again, headless chickens , throw the ball anywhere and telegraph a chance for an interception.

Absolute rubbish today !

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:05
As much as today was awful and I'm angry, still think we can turn it around and stay up if Pat sorts his stuff out. I'll take that bet.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:05
That was a shocking performance and I am massively concerned but for the love of Christ Almighty why is your first reaction to try and pick a fight with other Bristol fans? It will be bad enough when Worcester's finest appear (in 3,2,1...).

Anyway, Bris21, name names?

Wickerman (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:06
But itís not just one performance is it .
This is the second game in a row we have given up more than forty points .Thiirty plus against glaus and sarries .Our defence is non existent at the moment and worryingly the scrum showed signs of previous seasonís disasters.
Negotiations with Bristol legends or others will only matter if we stay up.
We need to adapt and adapt quickly,we can definitely stay up but not playing like this afternoon.

lukej1234 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:10
Whilst today was absolutely awful, let's try not to do the standard Bristol supporter go to, which is panic.

We were not at the races today and for whatever reason, Sixways is a real bogey venue for us.

We now have 5 or 6 weeks to recharge the batteries of our older players, look at what we have done well, what we haven't and work on shoring up the defence.

If we had been offered 2 wins and 10 points from the first game block at the start of the season we would probably have taken that.

Now is the time for Pat, the coaches and senior players to earn their corn and we need to come back when the league restarts ready to right some of the recent wrongs.

We also have players to come back from injury to bolster the ranks.

Let's not throw everyone under the bus just yet....

TheVogon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:12
Good on you rinkadink, glad you've got the backbone to put your money where your mouth is.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:13
I completely misread your post, Vogon. Apologies.

Chickpea (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Bris21
TheVogon
we are in negotiations with two massive ex Bristol players to rejoin us next season

Iíll bite - Genge & Eadie?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:25
"Massive"

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:30
Quote:
Bris21
TheVogon
Tell you what- rather than being reactive to one truly shocking performance why not look at the bigger picture. We are competitive, have two wins and two bonus points. We have a five week break to rest our frontline players and regroup. We always knew there would be games we would be d*cked in and today was one- this was Worcesters final.

We will stay up, we are in negotiations with two massive ex Bristol players to rejoin us next season and in a couple of years will be blowing Worcester off the park.

Get your head out of your @#$%& and get behind the club you supposedly support. Iíll take that bet.

I agree, too early to panick.

The last time we were in the Prem after 6 games, I knew we were done for, not this time.

I've seen too many positives. We are still early days into Pat's reign, I also don't think there is a Plan B, Lam's system is sound, he just may not have the quality at his disposal at this moment in time.

Brizzle (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:48
Quote:
Barrybaby
Quote:
Bris21
TheVogon
we are in negotiations with two massive ex Bristol players to rejoin us next season

Stewart Barnes and Josh Lewsey??

Furriner (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:54
Quality and depth, both lacking. I didnít think weíd beat Wuss at theirs because theyíve got a strong and talented squad. But that performance was shocking and (for those whoíve got their heads screwed on properly) shows us where we really are in the scheme of things. And thatís not relying on the foolís gold of an early 10 points, before the Wussís of this world figured out how we play and developed a plan to counter it.

Itís not too late, and we could retrieve the situation, but we must strengthen. Every time we lose a first-choice player to injury sees us struggle at present.

Have to say Mama was awesome today. So if weíre looking for Ďa legendí to return, Iíd rather him than Eadie.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:55
We have shipped nearly 100 points in 2 games against teams in the lower half of the table and our next 2 league games are against Chiefs and Wasps I donít know what everyoneís worrying about

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:57
Quote:
Barrybaby
Quote:
Bris21
TheVogon

Simon Shaw and Mark Regan

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:05
David Hill and Lee Robinson?

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:19
97 points shipped in 2 games ... Don't you dare criticise or you will be roundly condemned. The Club Shop are ordering another 1000 pairs of those rose tinted glasses that Bris 21 is wearing. TOP 6 EASY.
Go BEARS !

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net