rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Well that about wraps it up for Bristol
JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:41
Woodward and genge by any chance? Or Polledri.

Gut feeling is that we will stay up, we've been competitive in every game bar this one. Got a break to regroup, Piutau will be fit as will a number of others.

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:48
I wonder after today, if eyes will turn to the Southern Hemisphere for new recruits with added urgency!

Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:52
Message for Big Dave.

Hopefully not too patronising. In an attempt to make Warriors "Saleable" a fair wad was spent on the squad this year. This game was targeted and five players weren't risked at Sandy Park so they would be fit for today.
Apart from Sarries and Exeter everyone in this league is capable of beating every other team on their day.
Wasps only beat us by the odd point and we scored tries "For fun" at Welford Road plunging their board into "Meltdown"
I'm pretty sure you've got better support, ground, history and owners than us. You will also probably stuff us in the return game.

Hang on, I am starting to sound patronising - play this link (Sm141)

Good luck for the rest of your season. It's just an off day. You'll be fine.

SS

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:57
Er, no one called you patronising. Must be a guilty conscience you have there, Southstand.

Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:58
damn right Dave (Sm14)

Field marshall (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:08
Mads and uren were pretty abject today, indecisive and the decisions they did make were poor. Sheedy was a marked upgrade when he came on but I'd still struggle to give many of our players a score higher than 0/10. 3 intercepts? We'd have been pumped by most (if not all) championship teams with that performance.
The main story has to be defence. Really very basic stuff like numbering up - Wuss had overlaps pretty much every single play and they ruined us out wide. Tackling was woeful. Muldoon needs to pull his finger out of his @#$%& because 26 tries conceded is unacceptable at this level. If this continues, I think that he may need to make way for someone who can deliver. Lam putting him in charge of our defence in his first coaching role was a very questionable appointment.
Sorry to state the obvious but this performance was inexcusable and unacceptable. The players may want to make a weeks wage sized donation to charity.

Bris21 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:40
EG and JP with ME

Chickpea (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:49
Quote:
Bris21
EG and JP with ME
If this is true nice and a certain mr BA from Connaught when OOC

JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:56
Personally not sure on a return for Eadie. Also Bundee Aki is surely not going to leave now he's playing for Ireland. Genge has 3 years remaining on deal so imagine he'll cost us a fair bit to buy out unless Leicester are willing to return the favour of releasing him from contract like we did for them. Polledri would be great but not sure why he would leave Glos and his comments before the game seemed to indicate he wasn't overly impressed with Bris and was happy there.

Spiderweb (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 22:09
Until today we averaged 2 points a game. Win the next game and we will return to our average. Today we looked tired and incapable of playing on plastic. The break from the premiership will help recharge.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 22:54
Quote:
TheVogon
Same old Bristol, choke so badly on the big games.
When it's a must win game we ship 45 unanswered points. Error after error.

I can't see us avoiding relegation. We just don't have the fight.

Do you honestly disagree? For the first 5 posters that want to take me up on it, it will bet 5 that Bristol are relegated this season, with the money paid to a charity of the winner's choice.

I'll take your bet and bet another 5 for charity of your choice that we will win at least one of the next three prem games - Chiefs, Wasps and Tigers.

lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 23:55
Hearing news that the former players in question are Shaun Perry and David Lemi. Both good signings, coy bears.

Olly (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 00:34
Former players ??? Well Id go and get Marco Mamma if it was me. That guy took us apart today.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

TheVogon (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:06
EverOptimistic, you live up to your name.

For your second bet, how about winning one out of the next two games: Chiefs or Wasps?

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:40
TV
Ah - nervous we might be Tigers eh?? Your optimistic streak breaking through. OK - I'll go with that.

Meerkats1970 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 13:20
TO go from the defensive performance against Bath (OK they were not 100%) to yesterday with roughly the same team, must indicate tiredness, and there we are thinking Bath were mad for putting an almost completely changed team out.

Forget injuries etc you are only as good as your fit starting 23, our front 5 have not lasted 6 games so I would have thought a bit of rotation might have helped. Feels a bit like some players don't like the thought of being on the bench maybe.

Listen to the pundits, Worc are much improved, Sale, Northampton will win games, there is no favourite to go down and there is a fair chance this could go down to the last weekend, how exciting and bum squeaking will that be.

Fortress Ashton has gone, the beleif that we will walk past Worc has gone, hopefully they realise it is job on now.

I think it is good we play Exe at home, they should see how Worc played against them, defend like loonies and see if we can get close. Who knows??

Just don't want to see a team rolling over, if they ran out of gas on Sunday then that is down to Pat for not rotating and maybe having a bit too much faith in certain players

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net