rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Choked again
Hoopsy (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:17
If I were an actual bear I would be annoyed that my name was being used by such a shower ... Bristol Chokers ??
I demand another rebranding next year using a more appropriate name. Another sad day at Sixways and another drive back down the M5 reflecting on why I do it to myself !
Please take off your rise tinted glasses before you reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 15:18 by Hoopsy.

Re: Choked again
sbu (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:20
Thread bare?

Matt Brizz (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:38
My rise tinted glasses are lost my rose tinted glasses say good first 5 @#$%& if I know what happened from there.

I think itís fair to say that Pat and the team didnít play for that result but well played Worcester , a few strange decisions by sir for a change but it didnít effect the result.

Bear with a sore head !!

2 wins from 6 rounds , a good bit of learning from guys who arenít used to this level and we will come back stronger.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:54
It's been in decline since Quins game, which was a bit meh. Northampton game saw D drop off big time. Seem to be changing systems? Why?

Terrible way to end the first block of games, thoroughly P'd off. Pat not looking or sounding too clever right now.

Wickerman (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:59
2 wins from 6 rounds , a good bit of learning from guys who arenít used to this level and we will come back stronger.[/quote]

Arenít used to this level!!!!!
We had 9 internationals in the starting 15.
I think the vast majority are well used to this level ,but perhaps not to these tactics at this level!

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:05
Well, that was easily as bad as anything we saw during AR's tenure and exemplified what I always feared about Lam's approach.

Against 14 men we passed it from side to side and then back again without making any progress and then lost the ball. For that to work we need to have a player like Bundee Aki (if not actually Bundee Aki) in the centre to make any progress up the field.

And as for what happened to our defence out left (in particular)Ö I don't know what was going on.

A real lack of accuracy and intensity. Also a failure by players and coaches to see that Worcester were cutting off our efforts to get the ball wide. Perhaps there is no Plan B.

Very disappointed with that.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:07
59% possession in our favour as well.

Oh my God. Losing on that is bad enough, losing like that..well.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:13
Not the best Sunday afternoon I've ever had. Where do we go from here?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:22
That possession stat, BD, tells the story. Holding on to the ball for long stretches but not making a breakthrough. The ball retention is very Connacht when they won the their league but it was made effective by a player with particular set of skills and we lack someone like that. Combine it with a relatively lightweight pack and you have a recipe for bad ball being shoveled along the line and then back again.

dudleywarrior88 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:06
I think the battle for the drop, will be seriously tight! could be one hell of a season.

Today I thought you lacked any pace in attack and any creativity, your defensive is no worse than ours, it was just our attack was exceptional. Our best defense was to attack.

As great a win it was for us, it still didnt feel as good as previous meetings v yourself when it was far more competitive!

I dont think you guys will go down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net