rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Has Pat Lam lost the changing room?
sbu (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:23
the old cliche but has PL lost the players?

Re: Has Pat Lam lost the changing room?
Portisteve (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:25
Err no. We just choked big time. This is where he is going to have to earn his money by picking them up from this

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:51
Thatís a bit of a silly comment Sbu, we are not bottom (although we looked like it today). We were second best in every facet of the game,well done Worcester, simple.

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:53
Not at all.

airdog (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:53
dont know about the changing room but he has certainly lost me at the moment .
He certainly talks the talk and convinced a lot of people including Steve Lansdown that his motherhood and apple pie vision of top 6 , local players , Bristol internationals etc is something we would all love but the fact is his tactics has not delivered and todays result is humiliating in the extreme , this was Worcester after all not Ex/Sarries
So come on Pat we have the break now , so please you dont need to be told things have to change so perhaps no more Mr nice guy time to kick ass including yourself perhaps , if this was football the Lam out chants would be ringing out and god knows we dont want that .
No doubt I will be slagged off by some for these comments but nothing new there so bring it on .

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:03
Quote:
sbu

Going by how we performed, including Madigan just standing still not giving a s*** and one of the forwards chucking the ball at Uren in frustration I would say it's possible. We seem to be changing our style, why?

I'll be honest I was thinking Pat needs to sort it or leave, today was unacceptable and he needs to acknowledge that which he hasn't so far. The only part of me that wishes I went today is only doing so I could have spoken my mind to Pat at half time. He seemed quite happy in the shots of our coaching team, laughing even; poor JT looked mortified and maybe he has every right to considering he fixed our defence before Pat brought in his new man from Connacht with no coaching experience. Perhaps the new D coach's stuff is starting to make it into practice which is why we're all over the place instead of the nice, solid and aggressive lines we had at the start.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:15
Quote:
sbu

Nope you simply lost a game.

You however may well have lost something.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:16
Quote:
airdog
dont know about the changing room but he has certainly lost me at the moment .
He certainly talks the talk and convinced a lot of people including Steve Lansdown that his motherhood and apple pie vision of top 6 , local players , Bristol internationals etc is something we would all love but the fact is his tactics has not delivered and todays result is humiliating in the extreme , this was Worcester after all not Ex/Sarries
So come on Pat we have the break now , so please you dont need to be told things have to change so perhaps no more Mr nice guy time to kick ass including yourself perhaps , if this was football the Lam out chants would be ringing out and god knows we dont want that .
No doubt I will be slagged off by some for these comments but nothing new there so bring it on .

Fair comment.

Warrior7 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:23
Commiserations Bris fans, no one deserves that - but it was only one game, I'm sure you'll bounce back.

airdog (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:33
one of the worst things about results like today is you know you will get patronising "There there dear " posts like the one from warrior7 , maybe genuine but we really dont need it .
No doubt we will be hearing from Rollo soon .

Bristapo (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:41
Airdog...It's only your opinion that it's patronising...not a genuine comment. I think you have overreacted to a genuine post...He's not taking the p**s.

airdog (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:54
like I said it may be genuine but he may well be taking the P , we do have trolls on here you know . One way or the other I would prefer to wallow in my misery , comments like this do not help but as you say Bristpo it only my opinion as are all comments on here .

Earlsbris (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:56
Whilst I donít think that post is taking the pi$$ the Worcester lot are by far the worst gloaters/baiters on this board so I have some sympathy

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Rinkadink
The only part of me that wishes I went today is only doing so I could have spoken my mind to Pat at half time. He seemed quite happy in the shots of our coaching team, laughing even

Yep, I am sure Pat found it hilarious, but having an earful from a nause would have made him see the error of his ways.

sbu (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:30
This type of game is systematic of teams not playing for their club or coach. Theses are so say top of the elite players and yet the system is not working. Players standing around. Players lack of drive and pace. The system has changed when we all argued that Bristol was running far to deep. Now we have 2nd phase foward play that cannot get over gain line. Over use ofwrap round rugby that is so telegraphed. If the try line was on the side lines we would win every game.Poor stuff hope it can be resolved

sbu (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:34
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
sbu

Nope you simply lost a game.

You however may well have lost something.

Ha ha so funny. Keep to the point though.

neiljk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 18:53
Airdog donít be such a sore loser, Warrior7 was only being nice.

Me? I mightily enjoyed you getting a good stuffing especially after all of Lamís big talk at the start of the season. Very one dimensional and teams are working you out.

Howís that, any better?

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:05
Not sure I could agree that this group of players aren't playing for the club or coach SBU ,but i do agree with some of the playing analysis made in your post.Predictable and pedestrian ,when line breaks were made eg Lam & Thacker support was a bus ride away. The term men against boys is sometimes used , today it felt more akin to men against the fat wheezy boys! As someone else has said Mama seemed to enjoy his day against his old club and Weir is a very tidy 10. A way to go yet in this season but Optimism has been somewhat jaded after today.

tbr (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:15
I don't think he has (lost the changing room),
It just looked like he had, today.

What is for sure now though I'd suggest is all this talk of top 6 and European rugby etc is put on hold and not mentioned again... Or not until we clearly are a team capable of pushing for a top 6 place.
And that is something we are NOWHERE NEAR yet.

At the moment survival should be our only target.

And at present we are now favourites perhaps to miss that target.

I see again here that there are some saying it's only one bad game today. Just one day where we werent at the races. For whatever reason. Other than today, we are competitive and have two wins already this year and two bonus points.
I hope that isn't just blind optimism. I really do. But I'm not 100% convinced.

I suggested as tentatively as I could here a week or so ago that IF I was concerned it MIGHT be because we MAY have flattered to deceive so far this season. Certainly against Barf who were genuinely woeful against us and again against Quins who were pretty dire too and down to 14 men for a quarter or more of the game... and still pushed us close.
And those were our two wins!
Saracens weren't even in 3rd gear during the first half at Allianz and Gloucester weren't either during the first half at The Shed.
And them we shipped 45 points to a Saints side who are hardly world beaters at present.
I'd say our best performance was against Saracens. Yes. Really!

Well... We didn't flatter to deceive today did we?!

I'm generally a walking talking billboard for Bristol rugby in the home counties these days.
I took my 6 year old to his first proper mini rugby training session today. We were both wearing pretty well everything Bristol rugby.
And the coaches were from Gloucester and Barf!
All I can say is I'm very glad the mini rugby was this morning.
As like a couple of times before in the last ten years or so (yes... probably only a couple... or so) I'm deeply embarrassed by what happened at Sixways today.
Truly awful.

Wuss really REALLY wanted it today.
We looked like we couldn't care less even though I'm sure we did care.
It was like boys v men for the majority of the game.
And I'm being flattering when I use the word 'boys'.

I honestly don't think we'd have beaten Ealing today. Or Irish.

You need to turn this around in this break, Pat.

This is where the ethos, and culture and community you 'espouse' should, nay MUST pay dividends now.

And yes... no more talk about top 6 and Europe please.

It's way too embarrassing at present. Almost Booy-esque in fact.

It's time to lick our wounds during the next fortnight and then dust ourselves down.

And then... no more talk.

We MUST now (already) walk the walk.

I'm sure we can.

C'mon Bris.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 20:03
My take on it is that Worcester were very good today. Excellent line speed in defence. Quick to the breakdown then excellent at slowing it up. Dominant in the scrum. Well placed kicks.

They were very good and, after their performances over the last 3 weeks, could be the surprise package of the season. I hope they are, think any team that has had to endure multiple seasons in the championship deserves a break.

You can pick multiple holes in our performance today and I'm sure the coaching staff will but take nothing away from Worcester.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net