rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Wuss game
Bris21 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:34
Painful watch but not the end. We looked tired today and there was always going to be a couple go games we get a pasting while adapting to Prem rugby. Our big players now have a week off, we have two wins and two bonus points which is a darn sight better than the last time we were here. Moving forward we need to refocus and get Piutau fit. We will stay up, we will be competitive in other games- that was the peak for Worcester today- for us we are still growing.

Re: Wuss game
TheVogon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 16:35
If you're positive we'll stay up then please go and post in the thread that I started.

Nerdish Obsessive (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:19
Lansdown doing his money again the p**CK. Luckily he has sensible people running his other business so he'll have plenty more to p*SS up the wall.

Simba (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:21
Quote:
Bris21
that was the peak for Worcester today- for us we are still growing.

What a load of bollox.

Nerdish Obsessive (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 19:26
Not for the first time, Can we all take a moment to laugh at Bristol? They're up, they're down no they're half way round. Next year will be our season I know it.😂

robtheh (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 07:53
Quote:
CamelToe
Not for the first time, Can we all take a moment to laugh at Bristol? They're up, they're down no they're half way round. Next year will be our season I know it.😂

No but I can laugh at you, you sad, sad little individual.
You have no life, you are a complete irrelevance, and you should go away.

Patgadd (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:18
Here's a genuine comment from a Wuss supporter. We can't afford to act superior, having had too many days like that ourselves. All right, so Madigan had an off day - name a 10 who hasn't - but he is class and will come good again. The ones who really disappointed me were John Afoa and George Smith, who both frankly looked past it. Again, we've been there; you may not remember Wuss signing Dean Schofield, but every Warriors fan does - useless. Do you know the length of their contracts?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:26
Cameltoe is not from Worcester, I am guessing?

Patgadd (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 12:13
Quote:
Big Dave
Cameltoe is not from Worcester, I am guessing?

Certainly not, unless of course he's posing under a pseudonym

Groucho (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 12:51
Worcester fan in peace.
I think tiredness definitely plays a part, yesterday was the last of a decent set of 6 for Bristol & was probably more of a reflection of squad strength than anything else.
So don't be downhearted - the 1st XV now get a breather & when they return they will face sides weakened by international selection (same for Feb-Apr). There is a long way to go yet.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 13:20
Quote:
Groucho
Worcester fan in peace.
I think tiredness definitely plays a part, yesterday was the last of a decent set of 6 for Bristol & was probably more of a reflection of squad strength than anything else.

Doesn't really excuse anything, the effort wasn't there and coaches could have rotated (not like they didn't during the first few games) and give game time to those that want it. Madigan for example has had plenty of rest and the different between him and Sheedy was huge. Jefferies and D Thomas looked very keen when they came on, why not start with them? We may or may not have won but likely picked up a bonus point or two at least plus give valuable game time to returning players.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 13:43
Don't think we have the depth in the front five to justify a policy of rotation.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 13:53
Armstrong, Woolmore, Thiede, Malton, Fents, Lindsay?

Jefferies, Muldowney, Latta, ?

None of those could have possibly started with 'tired' players rotating for a shorter stint from bench?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 14:12
I think we are short of dependable quality at 1 and 3 and I was surprised that we didn't add a top class lock.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 14:14
Quote:
Rinkadink
Doesn't really excuse anything, the effort wasn't there and coaches could have rotated (not like they didn't during the first few games) and give game time to those that want it. Madigan for example has had plenty of rest and the different between him and Sheedy was huge. Jefferies and D Thomas looked very keen when they came on, why not start with them? We may or may not have won but likely picked up a bonus point or two at least plus give valuable game time to returning players.

I agree that selection played a part for sure - we have overplayed our key forwards in these 6 games - Smith, Afoa and Latua.

But we didn't get humped through lack of effort.

We got got completely out-thought. They had a much much better game plan and had done their homework on us very very well.

We then didn't adapt at all at any point to what was in front of us. For example: - Hougard was often at full back in defence - he didn't have to catch one high ball - they were winning the breakdown and still we persisted with lateral running with no go forward (compare that to the fist passage of play when we ripped them to pieces) especially as their game plan was to hold up and slow us going to ground.

Our execution of our (inferior) game plan was also really really poor. God knows how we were meant to be defending but am sure as hell it wasn't meant to be a way that gave them a 2 man overlap every 2 minutes.

It's a massively technical game at this level and we fell massively short this weekend. To correct this will involve looking at the million and one things that went wrong and working out how to make sure they aren't repeated. Part of this will involve assessing which players are capable of playing in the way the coaching staff want and, if not, what role they have going forward.

Correcting this or assessing why we lost is a bit more complex than the cliches about "effort", "wanting it more", "putting your body on the line", "playing for the shirt" or any of the other cliches we've all heard before in the half time huddle of a lower league game and that us keyboard warriors love to spout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 14:17 by chuckynut.

Furnessman (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 15:36
It was painful....it was like a bunch of old men playing like young boys enough said.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net