rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Probably just me. But I can't help it.
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 09:03
Not saying I don't want him. Saying that second row isn't really his best position. He can do lineout work whilst playing at 6 which would give him more time for defensive and ball carrying duties, and to display his undoubted creativity and flair.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 09:24
Quote:
Rich.
Games at this level certainly are lost by players not being up for it! And won by them being well up for it. It's hard to be fully up for every game and for a number of reasons (taking oppo lightly, tiredness etc) if enough players in a side are not up for it then it can cost the team the game.

To me, not being up for it implies not giving enough of a sh*t. Taking oppo lightly and tiredness are down to leadership and coaching failures.

All teams and players have good and bad days for whatever reason but decent teams still have enough to fall back on in terms of structures, ability and game plan to perform at a level. We didn't and that is a worry.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 10:52
Gray-Lesnman I was roundly taken to task on another thread when I suggested that Vui is really a No 6 so be careful. I was told that maybe I would like to tell Pat Lam where he was going wrong so perhaps you could do that for me.smiling smiley
Vui cam play lock but at the highest level he is a loose forward and a very good one. The problem is you can't play Vui and Latau in the same position.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:56
Quote:
ROLLO
Gray-Lesnman I was roundly taken to task on another thread when I suggested that Vui is really a No 6 so be careful. I was told that maybe I would like to tell Pat Lam where he was going wrong so perhaps you could do that for me.smiling smiley Vui cam play lock but at the highest level he is a loose forward and a very good one. The problem is you can't play Vui and Latau in the same position.
What thread was that?

Vui plays international rugby for Samoa at lock as well, probably because he is one. James Phillips is an 8 playing at lock for comparison.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 19:51
It was last week Rinkadink but can't remember. As Chris was listed in the Wuss programme as utility forward fair enough I will leave it there.( I am assuming that does not mean front row smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net