rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Center combination & options for improvement
pacific islander (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 13:37
Alapatz played most his time at wasps etc center position, maybe switching back to centers could be an option? Maybe would force a element of change of play against opposition?

Re: Center combination & options for improvement
EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 13:52
For the next 3 prem games we're going to be without Leiua and Pisi (and Lam) - international duty. So some changes inevitable.

JMills (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 13:59
I would imagine that Siale Piutau will also be called up by Tonga so hoping that Piers O'Connor may get some game time at Centre. Hopefully our Full back options will have recovered by then.

Also hoping that Crane is back with Lam away.

Olly (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:07
Never going to be good news losing International players but it on the plus side it's good for them to get a break from club rugby. (hope they don't get injured though)and it won't just affect Bristol other clubs suffer with too some worse off.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:25
Wuss scored their first couple of tries (and the third if their backrower hadn't legged himself up) down Leuia's wing with loads of space. Easy to blame him perhaps, but also where the hell was Kirchner? He seemed anonymous at times.

09 October, 2018 14:54
Quote:
JMills
I would imagine that Siale Piutau will also be called up by Tonga so hoping that Piers O'Connor may get some game time at Centre. Hopefully our Full back options will have recovered by then.
Also hoping that Crane is back with Lam away.

Will be a true test of depth with internationals away. Piers and Hurrel centers whos full back ? Wing ? If C piutau is away with international duty too?

JMills (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:11
Charles Piutau cannot be picked by the All Blacks. Hopefully Luke Daniels will be fit as well.

Exeter could be quite depleted for our game potentially missing Armand, Nowell, Simmonds, Slade, Williams, Cordero and Francis. For some reason Eddie Jones doesn't seem a big fan of Exeter though so a few of them may miss out.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:36
CP can be picked by Tonga though, can't he? Or is that the thing he wants but can't have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 15:36 by Standardprocedure.

tobo_ (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:43
If he's just coming back from injury, is he likely to want his first few games back to be internationals?

Professor.S (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:57
Could just be me but I actually thought Siale Piatau had a very poor game vs Worcester.

He rushed up out of the line looking for the big hit on several occasions and it led to Worcester scoring in the corner.

Not the best game to be a 'co-captain' for either.

But everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves!

Hurrell has looked good. I wouldn't mind seeing Sheedy at 10, Madigan at 12 and Hurrell at 13.

That would probably bring our back 3 into the game a bit quicker.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 16:10
"Hurrell has looked good. I wouldn't mind seeing Sheedy at 10, Madigan at 12 and Hurrell at 13."

I've wondered this, but slightly differently. Mads at 10, Sheedy at 12, Hurrell 13.

On form over first six matches, seems a shame to have to go either Mads OR Sheedy, if there's a way for them both to play together.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 18:10
We've played Madigan at 12 with Sheedy/Searle inside, it works but prefer a bit more weight at 12 due to the system we have. Putting Will or Piers at 12 could be interesting.

Olly (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:34
Kirchner to make Dragons return after spell with Bristol.
The 34-year-old is back with the Rodney Parade region after spending the last month on loan at Bristol in the English Premiership.

Kirchner made three appearances for the Bears, coming off the bench against Gloucester and Harlequins before starting at full-back in their hammering at the hands of Worcester on Sunday.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:36
Quote:
Olly
Kirchner to make Dragons return after spell with Bristol.
The 34-year-old is back with the Rodney Parade region after spending the last month on loan at Bristol in the English Premiership.

Kirchner made three appearances for the Bears, coming off the bench against Gloucester and Harlequins before starting at full-back in their hammering at the hands of Worcester on Sunday.

Hopefully a sign that Piutau's entry to the fray is imminent?

10 October, 2018 17:40
Quote:
Professor.S
Could just be me but I actually thought Siale Piatau had a very poor game vs Worcester.
He rushed up out of the line looking for the big hit on several occasions and it led to Worcester scoring in the corner.

Not the best game to be a 'co-captain' for either.

But everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves!

Hurrell has looked good. I wouldn't mind seeing Sheedy at 10, Madigan at 12 and Hurrell at 13.

That would probably bring our back 3 into the game a bit quicker.

IMO don't really think we can point out any individual per say as it seemed like collective team errors in defence and our style of play in attack was easily countered by opposition.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:44
I donít think more creativity is whatís needed necessarily, but more pace at 13. We are doing a decent job of finding the edge outside the opposition 13, but arenít quite making clean breaks from it

10 October, 2018 19:16
+1 about creativity precision of execution was lacking.

As I stated in another post IMO we were very slow to counter their defensive line speed (wuss), they were almost on most breakdowns flirting offside our 9 could have possibly managed and played the offside law to our advantage.

We could/should have adjusted to that quick as they were on to us from that moment ball was pick up at breakdown in their 5m. Could have sucured ruck with more numbers and used the pick and go to drag in some of their numbers. ( Ball retention)
'D' line is a big issue disjointed seemed imo?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:26
What's Tuvs role this season, then? Got a contract extension, remember.

10 October, 2018 19:27
Interesting that most teams follow exeters model of driving play around rucks with ball carrier supported by two players bound on in pods of 3 to help break gain line and prevent easy turnovers. We are noticeably different with single carriers. I get why in terms if making plan a work. However, if we need to mix it up because plan a isn't working, surprised not to see an in field call to revert to this more successful tight phase gain line breaking ruck play. Would have thought that a simple on field call would bring this alternative into okay when required but we seem to keep the one man carries going even when struggling to break gain line?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 20:20
Quote:
Big Dave
What's Tuvs role this season, then? Got a contract extension, remember.

Played well in the Premiership Shield then got injured. Still recovering.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net