rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Bristol Bears Launch Classic Range
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 15:10
I think you may have fundamentally misunderstood the point BD was making.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:30
I tried to find an image of the original Bristol badge, in other words the Bristol Football Club one and despite trying for some time on the internet I couldn’t find one. Now that is very annoying.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:45
Quote:
Big Dave
<insert generic anti-bear, pro-crest sentiment here, extrapolate to assume expresser of sentiment rejects everything about the club, wants a return to the Memorial Ground, letters on shirts and amateurism and would prefer to live and die in a cave>

Yeah I was just being sarcastic Dave.

I am one of those that support the rugby team that represents Bristol, regardless of what they are called or the badge they wear.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:58
Sarcasm is admirable, Alex. I like sarcasm.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:59
And it is possible to support the Bristol rugby club without jumping for Joy over everything that they do.

I suppose it's worth pointing out that neither of the last two posts are sarcastic?

tbr (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:05
Quote:
Olly
Quote:
Allthetimeref
Has anyone managed to find a source of the old badge... I agree with GL this shirt with our old Bristol badge I could get sewn on, would be a shirt I'd buy.
Old badges were on sale on eBay. Good quality too.

I bought four or five myself.
They're great on sweatshirts, gilets etc.
Nice n big too.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 08:12
Quote:
Olly
Quote:
Allthetimeref
Has anyone managed to find a source of the old badge... I agree with GL this shirt with our old Bristol badge I could get sewn on, would be a shirt I'd buy.
Old badges were on sale on eBay. Good quality too.
Link please, I can't find them

Olly (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:11
Just checked and seller has no items for sale. Possibly sold out

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

elegia (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 17:03
Quote:
Hoopsy
Ridiculous ..Bristol Bears have no connection to this classic shirt at all. Another own goal. EBay do a better one with the proper Bristol badge .. half the price too.

just want to add that I hold almost the opposite view to that expressed in this post.
for balance.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2011/7/13/1310579502636/New-Order-left-to-right-G-007.jpg

12 October, 2018 19:11
We are the Bristol Bears now, of course the classic shirt will have the same badge on.

By the way, i was in the club shop before the Quins game and there was a family of four, mum, dad and two daughters all in their quins shirts. The dad was buying our shirt for his daughter, who must have been about 8 years old. That to me justified why we are now the Bristol Bears.

sbu (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 20:44
Na. Sorry silly logo on a traditional bristol shirt. Those days have gone now. Another marketing ploy.

Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 22:38
All club merchandise is a marketing ploy. Is that a bad thing?

Olly (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 11:16
My take on this is a simple one. If I buy a new style shirt I expect the new badge. If I buy a classic style shirt I expect a classic style badge. Same goes for anything,not just rugby related goods (electric safety improvements aside).
Though I was an anti-bear, a dissenter if you like, I'm not anti-bear now. I have always stuck by the view that the bear badge needs its identity identified. A Bear on its own means absolutely nothing to those away from Bristol rugby. I’m pleased to see the new stock at least has “Bristol Bears” on it though I would've preferred it said, “Bristol Rugby” therefore identifying the city, the sport and the club. As for the old crest, I will still wear mine with pride for it not only represents the club but also the city I was born in, spent my entire life living in and have great pride in.
I have reached the age where Even I class myself as an old classic.
Off topic
We produce our own products but the clubs ability to get them in store, on time is shockingly bad. I'm not a great lover of red in the home shirt but credit where credit where credit is due I actually like all three kits this year. A vast improvement on seasons past.
Wanted a smart looking plain blue polo shirt (without hoops on the sleeves) I found one I liked then discovered it was in the ladies range. Umm, I left it.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 October, 2018 15:31
I honestly don't see what the problem is, we have moved on and become the Bristol Bears. The message and brand needs to be clear so why would they put an old, outdated badge on it that isn't the name of our club? The product is as requested, really don't like it myself but surely it shows the club are listening and responding.

Olly (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 11:00
Yes moved on and we have a new badge which I have accepted. But this being the ”classic” range should by definition have an older style badge on it. You don't buy a classic car, Ford Anglia for example, with a Ford Focus badge on it. It's just daft.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
15 October, 2018 12:29
I assume the 'classic' talks more to the generic style (hoops, no sponsors, no collar on the jersey), as opposed to it being specifically a 'Classic Bristol Rugby' item.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:47
Quote:
Olly
Yes moved on and we have a new badge which I have accepted. But this being the ”classic” range should by definition have an older style badge on it. You don't buy a classic car, Ford Anglia for example, with a Ford Focus badge on it. It's just daft.
False equivalence though; you can buy an old classic Bris shirt with the old badge on like you could an Anglia, just not directly from the club like you wouldn't buy an Anglia from a Ford showroom.

If Ford made a new line of Anglia (slightly modernised but classic styling) you can bet the house it has the modern, oval Ford badge/logo on it (no focus badge in sight)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2018 18:48 by Rinkadink.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net