rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Chris Vui
09 October, 2018 19:04
Integral part of Samoa squad not named for autumn internationals in November. Would suggest groin injury is not an immediate recovery?

Re: Chris Vui
Chris holi (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 21:41
He posted a tweet the other day that looked very much like he was in hospital.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 06:13
Wasn't that because he's just had a baby?

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 07:18
No he was in bed and rigged up. Unless there’s a bigger news story here.........

NickBeard (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 07:56
He has a new born child certainly. He thinks 2 weeks before he's back training etc, which is good news as he should be ready to go by the time of the Exeter game..

Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 12:54
He was strolling about in front of the South stand after the Zebre game.

KPR (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 18:51
Spoke to him at the ground on Saturday, he has had a groin operation and could be out for up to 10 weeks. Real shame as very influential. Top guy as well.

Rich. (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 14:15
Quote:
KPR
Spoke to him at the ground on Saturday, he has had a groin operation and could be out for up to 10 weeks. Real shame as very influential. Top guy as well.

Oh dear! At least lots of those won't be Prem weekends this time of the season but ......

ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 19:45
I wonder if this is the same groin injury that he arrived at Worcester with and required an operation before he could play for us? The injury was I think sustained playing for Samoa.
Please note no schadenfreude on my part, I liked Chris and hope he recover's well.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 20:50
Quote:
KPR

As City fans discovered, after Milan Djuric had his first groin op, the chances are very high, that the other groin may need to be operated on after the first op has healed. It's because the second one is to balance the two sides and each side is made up if several different muscles so it is more complicated than many other parts of the body.

For this seasons survival, I hope that isnt the case, but the players future health should not be prejudiced. A no win situation for Bristol?

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 07:14
Cidered, you have just informed me there are 2 groins. I did not know this! After 5 minutes of wiki research, I have now educated myself! Thanks!
PS get well soon CV!

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 08:52
Quote:
Cunning Stunts
Cidered, you have just informed me there are 2 groins. I did not know this! After 5 minutes of wiki research, I have now educated myself! Thanks!
PS get well soon CV!

The City physio explained the "groin" in a video on the Club site last season. If I remember correctly, there are two groins on either side of the lower body that control our body balance, walking & running. Each groin consists of several muscles. If the groin on one side of the body is badly damaged, it puts extra strain on the other side and more likely than not, surgery is also needed on the second side after the first one is done. The whole process for Djuric took about 8/9 months.

It may not be as serious for Vui, but if he has had problems with it for several years, then only time will tell.

youngone (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 11:25
sounds like an awkward injury he/we have not seen the back of. Feel bad for the guy but he'll be back in force and i cant help but feel that one of joyce/batley/latta/jeffries will step up and claim the starting spot along side Holmes.

That being said, a solid dynamic second row recruitment would be most welcome right now.

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 16:10
Does anybody know how long Aly Muldowney is out for and if he is anywhere near a return

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net