rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Bristol Debt
Footy Chief (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 11:26
Afternoon all,

I got into a debate on WhatsApp this morning with friends regarding club debt and how different clubs manage their finances very differently.

One question we couldnít answer is according to the club accounts published in the Guardian Bristol Rugby took a loan from the owner for 21 million, does the club pay interest payments back to the owner? Why does the club need a loan when it made 1.2 million in 2016-2017??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 11:27 by Footy Chief.

Re: Bristol Debt
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 11:32
Who knows? An opaque corporate structure ultimately controlled from the CIs doesn't bode well for understanding the internal financial activities of Bristol Sport

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 12:10
£21 million in 2016 would be about 50% of the rebuild costs for the stadium?

Possibly a way for SL to spread his tax liabilities?

Or Bristol Rugby to quietly become joint owners of Ashton Gate stadium.

I'm sure there must be some accountants who post on here that would be able to throw a little more light on this matter.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 20:17
I don't know, maybe something to do with the stadium?

What annoyed me about the guardian article is that we clearly made a profit yet they made out only Exeter was making one. Patently not true according to their own piece.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 22:25
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Who knows? An opaque corporate structure ultimately controlled from the CIs doesn't bode well for understanding the internal financial activities of Bristol Sport

Yeah but bears

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:43
I think the Guardian article stating only Exeter made a profit was referring to Premiership clubs
We were in the Championship at the time

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:55
Quote:
Albertfromla
I think the Guardian article stating only Exeter made a profit was referring to Premiership clubs
We were in the Championship at the time

I thought the article was made sometime during this season? Why bother including us if it was only premiership clubs? Even more impressive to make a profit in the championship. winking smiley

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 19:10
Why believe The Guardian?
They have an agenda.
Itís not possible to sort out the financial complexities of Bristol Sport, there will be cross overs of losses and profits within the group and they are not obliged to make it public

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net